1975 Omega Restore, the project goes on.

drewpster

Commander
Re: 1975 Omega Restore, the project goes on.

Great job! I'm anxious to see the cap back on. We are thinking of doing the floors in our house. Bring your stuff and do mine when you get done with your buddy's house.:p

thrillhouse700

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Ok so I had a couple days off from laying flooring and made it to the boat. While I was helping my friend parents "lost cause" his dad and our other buddy put the cap back on.

capbackon.jpg

Now it sits like this until we get the rest of the deck and custom built stuff in place, then we will prep it for paint (white).

Lost also got started on our motor mount, we cant really finish it off until we get the motor on the hoist and sort of hold it in place to see where our bolts or studs will be.

Bilgewmotormount.jpg

We made the decision to cut the bow floor out and glass the cap to the deck, we decided this on a few reasons.
1. there are hundreds if not thousands of spider cracks and cracks that go all the way through the floor. Grinding and filling them all would take the better part of a year.
2. when we built our deck we built it pretty much level, we did not take into account that the boat manufacture put a slight slope on the front floor, so we have about a 1/2" gap at the front of the floor and zero gap at the rear.
3. If we glass it in we will have no more screws going into our brand new deck.
4. we dont want to put a transition strip in where the floor starts and when we paint the deck with non slip it will all be very uniform.

Here is the part I am talking about
Frontbowseatarea.jpg

Next we built our seat pedestal bases, we decided to go with studs from the bottom, 5200 them in, then PB around them. We will test them out to see if the bolts break loose from the pb, if so we will have to rethink it.

seatplatform.jpg

seatplatformwithpedestal.jpg

Thats it for now I am trying to finish up helping my buddies folks.

BobsGlasstream

Commander

Looking great guys.
I really like the idea of bolting from the bottom. Let us know if it holds.
You are doing a great job, keep it going.
Have fun.
Bob

thrillhouse700

Ok so today "lost" called me and said the pb on the bolts was spinning so he changed it up and re did the bases like so,

seatbaseoval.jpg

Seatbaseoval2.jpg

Here is the seat pedestal and how much we cut off so you can actually look through the windshield instead of over it.
pedestalcut.jpg

ben2go

Chief Petty Officer

I like the acorn nuts and cut down bases.Looks real pro.

TheLostCause

Cadet

Thanks! The other nuts are just in there for a spacer, we need to get some fiberglass over the wood.

vegasphotoman

Lieutenant

looking good
yeah my seat bases on my one boat are about that short too.....(glastron 175 sierra)
Still cant see directly thru windscreen unless I duck a bit...kinda annoying but good when ya wanna duck wave splash!

Good job guys!

BobsGlasstream

Commander

Hey Thrillhouse,
Did he just elongate the holes or did he weld wings on the bolts then PB back in? I like the idea and the look. I may use this idea on my boat.
Great job
Bob

thrillhouse700

Hey Thrillhouse,
Did he just elongate the holes or did he weld wings on the bolts then PB back in? I like the idea and the look. I may use this idea on my boat.
Great job
Bob

He just elongated the holes, he told me the pb was super hard to get off the bolt head so I guess thats a good thing.

system-f

Maybe I missed this but what kind of seats are you using?

thrillhouse700

I dont think we put up pics yet haha, But they are wise pedestal seats, we opted to not go for the loungers because we wanted more room for fishing and we prob will only ever have 4 people on board at a time. We will get a pic when we mount it all up. Right now we are waiting for the rod holders, and deck hatch to come in.

I had 75 bux worth of cabelas GCs and they just had a 30 off 150 coupon so I grabbed a few things.

BobsGlasstream

Commander

Thrillhouse,
Thanks for the info.
Looking forward to seeing it completed.
Bob

thrillhouse700

Ok so we got a shipment of stuff for the boat, paid for almost entirely by credit card reward points :)

BoatParts.jpg

Rodholders.jpg

detmarsteeringwheel.jpg

Question about the steering wheel, it does not have the 3 spline hub but a 6 spline hub, is there an adapter I can get or maybe a type of steering system I can get this will fit?

thrillhouse700

Will do guess the lost cause better get the old steering wheel off before we jump to conclusions. Im really stoked on these rod holders and hatch that will go in our deck!!! :):):)

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

that wheel is SWEET. If you're able to get it to work, I want to know the details cuz I love it.

thrillhouse700

i really hope we can get this wheel to work cuz its very comfy.

vegasphotoman

Lieutenant

I have little doubt that you WONT get it to work (meaning you'll find a way!)

cool hatch..wheres it going? (ski locker?) neato...should look rockin once all the parts are together!

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Thrill..

I love that wheel myself..in fact...Got it here on iboats for 26 bux on a screamin deal this summer...

PIC-0346.jpg

If I remember..the 6 spline was to help center the wheel...so it isn't mounted **** eyed..but it's been a few months...

And ya..it is one comfy SOB