1975 Omega Restore, the project goes on.

thrillhouse700

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: 1975 Omega Restore, the project goes on.

aaaahhh ok, I was thinking more of a screaming skull in dark gray or flat black against the glossy black.

HVAC Cruiser

Lieutenant

aaaahhh ok, I was thinking more of a screaming skull in dark gray or flat black against the glossy black.

That would look really cool airbrushed. My buddy did that on his 57 chevy, "the blue ghost". it is unreal, its a shull with trails so to speak.
With your black boat, a gray skull with depth to it WOW

thrillhouse700

hold up, im learning how now via youtube. Doubt ill even practice Im just gunna paint it on the boat :D

vegasphotoman

Lieutenant

!!!!Hyjack Alert, Hyjack Alert !!!! Alert Will Smith, Alert!! ( Lost in space for those to young to remember) Lol

Hey Vegas, I've been looking at thoes lights and arguing with myself over deck lighting. Right now the boat uses 1156 bulbs (old scool) or something like that. I was looking at the LED's any experiance as to what would work
Bill

I successfully Hijacked YET ANOTHER thread, ps Hey Bill I also just hijacked your thread, now it is a trophy buck thread lol
http://www.superbrightleds.com/ I bought (4) of the LED festoon 1156 lights (they have about 16 leds in ea bulb) for my RV, they work nice, not quite as bright as the tungsten lights that they replaced, and the color of light is cold (bit blue-ish) Ill get off my butt tonight and take a pic of the RV interior with the tungsten, then the LEDs....will use the same shutter speed and f stop for both so it will shot the difference..they were kinda pricey ($8 ea) the shippinig is outrageous tho.

Yeah, no biggie. The boat will get flipped hopefully Monday or Tuesday. Then glass time. I'm excited to build all the custom stuff, stereo, rod holders, under deck storage.
Debating on putting a vinyl decal on the side of the boat, but not sure what yet, If we do it it will be something we design ourselves. Where or can you get decals that will last in the water? Has anyone done this?

Auto wrap places can do it, they either use laser or more commonly Plotters with a razor cutter..(kinda like a printer but with a razor attached) they can make stuff from your computer file...not sure of the file type needed tho! that would be for an outline graphic..try car graphics...
I found this place...they do custom work too....http://www.CustomVinylGraphics.com/car-graphics.aspx

Heres another site...they are all over the web...car stuff should work plenty good for boat applications
hshLarge.jpg
http://www.vinylgraphics.net/
HomepagePolice.jpg

wow this Tan gold police graphic goes nice with black....find a scull that color combo (black fade to gold) and may go well..

BWAHAHAHA well we all hijacked ur guys threads so its my turn..... Have at it!

HIJACKED!!!! it an LED thread now!
115x-all.jpg

vegasphotoman

Lieutenant

hold up, im learning how now via youtube. Doubt ill even practice Im just gunna paint it on the boat :D

Thrill you are a hoot!
seriously, thats about how it goes these days...kinda futuristic...insta learn!
lol
hell ...why not! :D

thrillhouse700

I whipped this up yesterday while I was being bored. What I would like is to make a sticker but as a negative in flat black, so its very subtle against the glossy black hull. I just don't know how to do it haha. Im not good with photoshop or anything and I don't have a scanner to scan the drawing in.

Only computer drawing program I can somewhat use is autocad.

DSC00527.jpg

Lemme know what you think guys, note: this is kind of just a side idea we are playing with, it won't halt or slow normal progress of the boat, we will just wait to wax the sides once we decide what we are doing.

TheLostCause

Cadet

Looks good. I like the idea of black on black. Now we need to find a sticker shop to make that and the #s

83vert

Petty Officer 1st Class

That paint looks sick, think about when your boat is in the water or driving down the road on the trailer, nobody is going to notice any dust particles in the paint. I am gonna fly you out to NY when its time to do mine. LOL :eek:

mrdjflores

Lieutenant Junior Grade

How big would you like that scull sticker??

thrillhouse700

Not sure yet, Waiting to flip the boat back over so we can get a better look at the proportion. Why are you a sticker guy?

mrdjflores

Lieutenant Junior Grade

not a sticker guy, but computer graphics.
I can send you a grahics file that you could take to virtually any print shop (office depot, staples , kinko's...or someplace similar) and have printed as a psa vinyl sticker

thrillhouse700

oooooooo sweet, I gotta figure out what would look best tho. I still not sure how we want to do it. In my head I see the outline as matte black but then the mouth and eyes wont match up. So Ill have to draw a few out and mess with what lines I want as negative.

mrdjflores

Lieutenant Junior Grade

here is just a couple quick renderings....might give you some ideas, and let me know if i'm even on the right track of what your thinking

Attachments

• scull2.jpg
    scull2.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 0
  • scull3.jpg
    scull3.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 0

thrillhouse700

OMG MRD!!!!! your my new best friend thats exactly what i was thinking. All I gotta do is come up with what we want the final to look like.

mrdjflores

Lieutenant Junior Grade

have you thought about adding ghost flames to the scull? like the scull is flying with flames trailing behind?

If you get a chance, try to take a photo showing the full side of the boat (even if it's upside down) and i can play around with it, might give you some more ideas seeing it projected onto the hull

here's a couple quickies with flames

Attachments

• scull4.jpg
    scull4.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 0
  • scull5.jpg
    scull5.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 0

mrdjflores

Lieutenant Junior Grade

also, if you sketch some more, the pen you used was perfect...but try to use plain white paper, with a couple extra sheets underneath it before you take a picture :)

mrdjflores

Lieutenant Junior Grade

yeah...i can't sleep.....so here's a couple more playing off of one of the earlier replies

Attachments

• scull8.jpg
    scull8.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 0
  • scull7.jpg
    scull7.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 0
  • scull6.jpg
    scull6.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 0

thrillhouse700

man those all look awesome, I will have to get that side picture on monday or tuesday when we flip the boat back over, not enough room in the garage to get it from the side.