hull extension in progress with pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

SKIBUM1M

Chief Petty Officer
Re: hull extension in progress with picks

Woo hoo Oops is back. To think this thread was my introduction to Iboats.
Oops check out my thread, I think I am the only other one on here to gelcoat my entire boat. I would have never attempted it if I hadn't read this epic thread. Thanks you for the knowlege and inspiration. Now get us some pics.

oops!

Supreme Mariner

i havent been able to read all the posts on here yet, as im only allowed to use this puter for short bursts when its not busy...lol

im having a really tough time with my laptop keyboard, so typing any more than 10 words takes a really long time. basically...all i can really do with it is point and click, so im really happy that i can use this one to get some ideas across.....lol

ill give you all a hint as to where we are on the boat....im not at the theme paint or upholstery yet.....but i did have to run out and buy an ignition switch on saturday !

im getting really excited about where we are on the boat right now....i know how stupid little things like a missing bolt or that jerk murphy showing up can really delay you....but the boat is closer to the water now than it was with the very first post of this thread !

murphy has shown up lots lately....when i load the pics ill explain how stupid the timing of his arrival was......but if anybody sees him.....shoot him for me will ya?

im hoping to be where i can upload the pics by tuesday but if all goes well, ill be leaving to pick up another boat in vegas very soon.

any how......hope you all had a great valentines day.....and thanks for hangin in !

cheers

sprintst

Commander

Hey you crazy night owl. Nice to see you've been busy. You should probably have a beer with Vegasphotoman when you're down there.

I got hung up and never made it for that beer. Let us know what you pickup down there. Boats or whatever :)

ben2go

Chief Petty Officer

Ooops,good to hear that everything is OK.Sorry to hear about the puter problems.I am suffering from puter issues also.Looking into a new one.

jcsercsa

Captain

i havent been able to read all the posts on here yet, as im only allowed to use this puter for short bursts when its not busy...lol

im having a really tough time with my laptop keyboard, so typing any more than 10 words takes a really long time. basically...all i can really do with it is point and click, so im really happy that i can use this one to get some ideas across.....lol

ill give you all a hint as to where we are on the boat....im not at the theme paint or upholstery yet.....but i did have to run out and buy an ignition switch on saturday !

im getting really excited about where we are on the boat right now....i know how stupid little things like a missing bolt or that jerk murphy showing up can really delay you....but the boat is closer to the water now than it was with the very first post of this thread !

murphy has shown up lots lately....when i load the pics ill explain how stupid the timing of his arrival was......but if anybody sees him.....shoot him for me will ya?

im hoping to be where i can upload the pics by tuesday but if all goes well, ill be leaving to pick up another boat in vegas very soon.

any how......hope you all had a great valentines day.....and thanks for hangin in !

cheers
Too Cool there buddie !!! Murphy does seam to show up more and moe the closer you get !!! lol

What kind of ride are you going to pick up in vegas ?? and HOW MANy feet you going to add to this one ???? hahahahaha

Do you have any open water up there ?? John

redfury

Commander

A couple of posts from Oops, and the speculation begins! My inbox is going to be flooded now with thread updates!

Someone tell Oops! to go buy a USB keyboard for the laptop! :D

ben2go

Chief Petty Officer

A couple of posts from Oops, and the speculation begins! My inbox is going to be flooded now with thread updates!

Someone tell Oops! to go buy a USB keyboard for the laptop! :D

I didn't even think of that.I am having HD problems and charging jack problems.

oops!

Supreme Mariner

LOL johnny and mike :D

yep....we got open water here...heck some days it feels like spring. on saturday we had the big door open on the shop and discovered all the businesses were doing the same...it was about 60 deg in the sunshine.

the big lake is allways open....the problem is waterlevels....the lake is so low that the trailer will fall off the ramp before we get deep enough.....i might have to go to my buddies marina and beg to use their lift !

as far as a usb keyboard....the problem is that it wont overide the main one....i have keys that make the cursor do odd things...so the usb....while it might help...it wont solve. out side of point and click and short one line responces....its a peice of junk....lol....
if the vegas trip works out (im still waiting to hear more) we will be taking this computer.

SKIBUM1M

Chief Petty Officer

Oops, set up a paypal account and I am sure we can get 30 people to donate $10 each to buy you a netbook. I would be the first to donate because of all the info you have given us.

jspano

Senior Chief Petty Officer

i have bought many components to build computers from ubid.com they also sell complete units you might want to check it out. oops if you have a monitor and keyboard i might be able to put something together (desktop) for you i'll see what i have in the closet.

BobsGlasstream

Commander

oops!,
Glad to hear from you again. Can't wait to see the progress you have made. I add to the paypal account too if it helps.
Once again, good to have you back.
Bob

Yar.

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Hey Bud! Glad to hear from you!

Expect a call shortly. I can't wait to catch up and have a "soda pop"

Thanks to everyone else for the congrats on my little guy, well not so little but he is one cute buddha:D

Cheeers,
Yar.

oops!

Supreme Mariner

thanks guys for the support....

ill try to slog thru this laptop till i can find a good keyboard......we think the contacts are melted form over heating....thats why the keys in that area are all sticking.

yar....are ya at home?....use the boat werx phone number....glad to see that mom and baby oops are well. :D

yesterday was more of a parts gathering/ordering day....we did a litttle work but are waiting for supplys.

it really kinda sucks because everything must be fabricated, purchased or adapted!

the motor wasnt stock marine its a franken motor.....so things like a dipstick....alternator brackets, or even hoses, are not there.....most restorations or re-fits ....all the parts are there ....so its just simple rigging of the motor and tilt/trim systems....
with this boat....we have to make most of the hoses..including high pressure power steering, and 30 feet of marine fuel line....!:eek:
actually....yesterday i ordered over 250 dollars of hoses ! that is just fuel and heater hoses!

we are pushing along....and each day its closer to the water.

more to come tonight.....ill try to up load the pics as well.

cheers
oops

roscottjr

Petty Officer 1st Class

oops,

Long time no talk. The boat is looking great. I decided to get rid of the 1964 Crownline I had. But I do have another project. When you have time, take a look and let me know what you think. The link is in my signature.

As always, have fun and good luck on the project.

cc190cc

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Wow, obviously i did not read entire thread but...wow..i plan to read most. I must ask one thing, what is the purpose of the hull extension. Just for more room?? Dont get me wrong, its awesome, just wondering?

Chad

cc190cc

Petty Officer 2nd Class

nevermind, i read more, it is for space. Do you fish, ski or is it just a pleasure boat?

Chad

oops!

Supreme Mariner

double post

oops!

Supreme Mariner

lol....all of the above....:D

when you get 6 football players and their girls in the boat....it tends to get a little small fast!

but nooo more....there is sooo much deck space in the boat the main passenger section will be (is) the same size as a king bed...(for those cuddly nights with my girl on the water) ! ;)

we just ordered fuel line.....the tank is in the bow...we had to order 30 feet !

by the way.....the boat now has a built in under deck ski locker....a hidden beer cooler....and two upper gunwhale fishing rod compartments.

(one of my pet peeves is tripping over rods or having to untangle every thing from fishing line when you want a pfd from the gunwhale storage !

83vert

Petty Officer 1st Class

Please at least just one pic

oops!

Supreme Mariner

lol.....when i get home to night on my puter ill start uploading the pics.....
(im still on a borrowed machine)

more than likely around midnight vancouver olympic time.

but ill try to bring you all up to date with pics

Status
Not open for further replies.