Rehab SportCraft 222 1983 deep V hull cuddy walkaround

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
Well since Mikey is to busy to click pics....for waht it's worth. After sanding I went back and hit highlighted low spots and filled. Waiting for the stuff to dry. First sanding was with mostly 80 grit. This one I'll start w/80 then go to 100.
Then to a primer.
Any comments welcomed.
OH yea my pm's are still not working.

oh damn i sent all the pics in a pm , :) ahh well :) man you getting it done , should be a real nice transom when you finished :)

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
It does sand well, uscomp fiaring mix.
That rat look is a gimmick to not finish the car. :eek:. And still pay too much Rem.
I'll run some 150 also then.,
Yea Mick I shoulda mentioned the pm's earlier. Try my em. :D
trying to keep up with the good weather.

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
When I saw that stuff on tv I said to myself what a bunch of crap. I forget the...oh yea "Cheap Monkey" and the other co-horts. So whatever....let the rust go on. Such a nice Patina. :eek:
So sweating off my Patina... Went and picked up primer and some 150 grit. I ran the 80 on the gigh builds, swept with 100 then swang back with 150 grit. Like the smootheness. Wiped with acetone after I blew and vacked.
Have Jr. shaking up the rustoleum metal primer for ten minutes out on the back deck. Don't need a nightmare from the boss if something spills here. Going out to paint says I!

mr300z87

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Better you than me working out there in the heat!!! What happen to the low 80s we had last week. Thankfully my day job is indoors LOL. keep up the good work.

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
I'll post some pics after Mick does. Need to clean it up ya see. Dogs are doing good. :joyous:

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
And stay hydrated - I didn't Sunday and it took me over a day to get my fluids back up.

You are spot on Rem with this heat. Got sticky with the rolling. Will do as soon as I get home in the a.m. tom.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Looks good Kc !
Good to see your paint mixer taking a break .. mixing paint is strenuous work ! ;)
The only problem with hydrating is you sweat more . Multiple sweat wipe breaks for me while painting the WM .

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Rolled on 2 coats this morning to beat the sun. Next I ran some 150 wet and dry to move out highs from yesterday. So thats 4 coats. Gonna do 2 more tom cause I can. Just want it smooth. Had some orange peel and roller edge build up. from yesterday.

t1.jpg
t2.jpg

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
On another build site they did this.. fiberglass U channels. Pretty cool.
8662fd27-fe49-4351-bc8d-0e8073356e96-jpeg.60434