1961 Lonestar Flamingo - SPLASHED w/Pics

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
2018 iBoaters...

For the most part, a boat navigates through its world of water not leaving a single trace of its passage. Nothing is consumed. Nothing is altered. The winds and the water are left in exactly the same condition for the next user. Boating is forever.

Michael B. McPhee
new-year-clipart-animated-gif-20.gif

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Looking forward to the New Year Mike ! Hope it turns into a great one for all !!!

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
I like that saying Mike. Happy New Years to you and all of yours! Bunch of Special people here. So same to all of you.

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Man been a LONG time since I've posted an update. With the move and getting used to Retirement and having ALL my Grandkids activities it's been Bizzzzeeeeeee!!! I did an upholstery job for a guy, and made a few bucks soooo, I broke down and actually Hired a mechanic to fix the BF's Motor. WOW! best bucks I've spent in a long time. It was bad pickups under the flywheel and a short in the CDI ignition. This caused it to run on two cylinders and at times run on 4. This guys been working on Johnson motors for 35 years and he had it diagnosed and fixed in 4 hours. Replaced the CDI module with a Known Good Used one and the 85 HP Johnson is purring like a Kitten. Really looking forward to getting on the water with the Grandkids. I'll post some pics when that occurs.

I hope all the iBoaters have a great boating season and remember to always wear those PFD's.

:nod:

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Oh I was waiting and waiting to see when you would break down and get that motor going!:D That's great and I know you will use the boat this summer with the gkids anytime you can!

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
it is sad but our children aren't being taught about the military history most have no clue what memorial day is besides the opening of boating season or swimming pool season in some areas...

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
This^^^^ is why it is IMPERATIVE that we SPEAK OUT today so that we/they never forget what this country stands for.

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Ok, Sooo, after I paid for the motor getting fixed, I finally got time to launch and test. Took my son and 2 G-Kids to Liberty Lake about 10 miles from the house. It's a small local lake so not to many boaters. We got to the lake around 11:30 and Motor wouldn't start!!!! Well DUHH if you don't connect the fuel line It usually won't:eek::faint2:
Once we hooked it up, she ROARED to life. We jumped in and had a Lot of fun Tubing but...there's always a but. When we stopped to haul the kids in from the tube. She wouldn't start. Finally figured out the gas line needed pumped back up and away we went'. Every time we stopped, fuel bulb went slack. Guess I got air leak problems or something cuz she won't idle very well and fuel line issues. I'll try and tweak all the fittings and adjust the idle speed a bit and see what happens the next time. But like I said once we got it in gear and gassed it, she will FLY with that 85 HP Johnson!!!! Very pleased with it and can't wait till it's tweaked and running smooth.
Here's a couple of pics to prove we had a good time.
Click image for larger version  Name:	Liberty1.jpg Views:	1 Size:	906.7 KB ID:	10584015Click image for larger version  Name:	Liberty2.jpg Views:	1 Size:	823.2 KB ID:	10584016

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Well it's about time Mike, Darn awesome!!!!! Yup that sure is alot of big smiles.
ps the hose probably has rot ....lol!