1989-90 bayliner 2159 hardtop.

chevymaher

Commander
I used the other calculator and figured in your weight and 130 hp for the engine it said 30 MPH. This is a second one i use. The second is only top speed and it is a hull weight calculator.

First one is a prop speed gear ratio and slippage. It is accurate I checked against the tach and GPS speed at several different speeds on mine.

Yes I think the 23 is to much also. That be on the ragged edge in my light boat.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
So you did motorized splash and came back with no vids ? :suspicious:
Kc will be along shortly to read you the riot act !

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
has vids but they are on faceboook got to figure out how to move them here or you guys join me on facebook lol micky ryan same pic easy to find:)

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
ok so i " might have had a "retarded" moment ... im not going to fully admit it till after i run out and test it ! but i might have set my timing at 6 degrees after top dead center ... hense the retarded comment lol

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Thanks Micky ! Been so long since I’ve been out in the boat I almost forgot what it was like ..
Beautifull Florida February weather out on the ICW ... I’m sure you’ll get the kinks worked out ..

oldrem

Commander
Dang, make me want to turn the heat up outside. We're headed back to below zero wind chills again for the next couple days

Pusher

Lieutenant

omg! its 53 here atm dogs and i came inside with scorned looks on our faces... nature has denied us our will this day !

NOT cool Micky.... NOT cool.

I just caught up on your thread from pg 16 (picture book style). It looks awesome! I look forward to the resplash results

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
well i got to 15mph today but again falls off at 2800 rpm i can get it to 3k long and slow but the motor sounds like its just got no umph pop her back to 28k and she smooths out its funny, best comparison i can make is when you were moving a heavy load with truck and mashed to floor and still went same speed but you knew you were just flooding or leaning
the engine at that point because revs didn't go up so im wondering now is lack of fuel

zool

Captain
Maybe that little 3.0 is having a hard time pushing that 5k lb sled?

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
i am starting to wonder:) maybe time for a ole big block :), lol don't think one would fit into engine bay lol this 2800 delimma has me perplexed though i would think rpm would be a ton higher even if the boat wasnt moving fast but i cant seem to get past 2700 to 3k boggy