You Guys Inspired Me!!!!

classiccat

"Captain" + Starmada Splash Of The Year 2020
Re: You Guys Inspired Me!!!!

Thanks guys for the comments! jbcurt00 your touching one of my sore spots on the upholstery!!!! I like the accent also BUT they were supposed to be angled the other way......as in \\ and not //, that was one of my gripes........I even drew pictures for the guy!Oh well the admiral loved it so what can I say. As I said before nobody will ever know (until I whine:Cry:) just bugs me whenI had something in my mind.......and payed for it..........ok I am done just couldn't help it after jb touched it.

are you sure you didn't install them on the wrong side of the boat? (in other words, just switch them around. :D)

cpdchap

Petty Officer 2nd Class

barato2 I agree I also need some to trim out the access holes in the bow under the seats.....whats the proper name for it?? It had some factory but its all brittle.........Blue You just had to go there!!! No I cannot they are side specific.......I believe he sewed them correctly then when he put them on the plywood he mixed them up......if he had not trimmed the excess material after he secured them I would have taken off the vinyl and switched it.

cpdchap

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Found it "flex trim" Thanks

cj8mule

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Fine looking work there Chap! Awesome detail.

cpdchap

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Well its been busy all week, but got off today around 2 and decided to dive in to the swap, so I pulled out the glasser and went to work. I took some before pictures but it got dark before I took after pictures.......bottom line I got the Mercury mounted on the SS, got all the controls hooked back up including the steering. Tomorrow I should be able to finish up a little wiring and be DONE!.......this next week I will change out the impeller just to be sure and if all goes well I think I am going to do a test splash next Saturday. I will post some finished pictures tomorrow. Hope everyone has a good weekend.

Attachments

• photo 1-7.JPG
    photo 1-7.JPG
    119.6 KB · Views: 3
  • photo 2-7.JPG
    photo 2-7.JPG
    131.5 KB · Views: 3
  • photo 3-6.JPG
    photo 3-6.JPG
    119.8 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

classiccat

"Captain" + Starmada Splash Of The Year 2020

Splash time baby!!!!

cpdchap

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Looks like it's winding down to a short list:whoo: I must say I am for sure building another tinny!!! My vote is for an Islander or Holiday with an I/O.......but we will see, already on the hunt. These things take a lot of blood, sweat, and tears but man it's fun. I took some pictures in the light today of the "almost" complete SS and as I said yesterday if I can get a few electrical things done and finish the short list on my trailer I am going to attempt a splash on Saturday. Thanks for all the input, and advice, I could not have done it without you guys! I will post some pics. when I splash her.

Attachments

• photo 1-8.JPG
    photo 1-8.JPG
    105.5 KB · Views: 5
  • photo 4-4.JPG
    photo 4-4.JPG
    145.5 KB · Views: 5
  • photo 2-9.JPG
    photo 2-9.JPG
    119 KB · Views: 5
  • photo 5-3.JPG
    photo 5-3.JPG
    134 KB · Views: 5
  • photo 1-9.JPG
    photo 1-9.JPG
    116.9 KB · Views: 5

jbcurt00

Staff member

Nice work:
attachment.php

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

She sure looks splash ready. CP. Go for it! :D

dozerII

Admiral

Super job CP she is going to look good shooting across the lake.

cpdchap

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I posted this question over in the merc. forum but who knows maybe one of you guys know........where can I find the plastice linkage that goes between the two carbs on my 1973 thunderbolt 850. I was rebuilding the carbs and when I was reinstalling them the little linkage snapped.

cpdchap

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Got it! Throttle pick-up bracket. And yes very hard to find.

lakelover

Rear Admiral
The boat looks real sharp! all your hard work paid off, be sure to get some pics of your splash. I love the red hull & interior accents. Nice job.

cpdchap

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I know I am a loser but right as I was first splashing her they did the forum change over and I got real frustrated and didn't post............so forgive me guys and I will post some splash pictures. She has done VERY well on the water, I was having some issues of it falling on its face out of the hole so I rebuilt the carbs. From what I have read I should be able to dial it in now.

lakelover

Rear Admiral
Don't worry, the forum switch threw everybody for a loop! Looking forward to your splash pics.

InMotion

Commander
CP --- Boat looks awesome man! Look forward to seeing some more pics! Keep em coming!!!!!

Jim

cpdchap

Petty Officer 2nd Class
No Title

Here is a couple, give me a few days and I will post some in motion pics.

Attachments

• photo204691.jpg
    photo204691.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 3
  • photo204692.jpg
    photo204692.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 3

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Awesome work! Great to see another vintage SC brought back to like new and on the waves. :thumb: