You Guys Inspired Me!!!!

lakelover

Rear Admiral
Re: You Guys Inspired Me!!!!

..........The other thoughts that cross your mind are " maybe I don't need to do it this nice" but since we have come this far I don't want to cut corners on the finish.......

That's where it seems to get to sometimes. Beautiful job on the Nautolex, all looking great.

barato2

Commander

good thinking on that job. and result looks great. another idea i'll try to swipe.

cpdchap

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thanks guys.......pedestals and bases came in today, also got the material to do the "Bluefin" knee brace repair, should be a productive weakened.

cpdchap

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Well the SS got the "Bluefin" treatment today.........I had a problem with a cracked knee brace or transom brace, and asked for some advice......through several responses it was very clear that "bluefin" had mastered the repair. So I snuck over to his thread and understood clearly why the starmada was impressed....the guy is the "Tin Doctor". If you have not checked out his build please do" My First StarCraft; 1975 18' SuperSport " is the title.

I pulled the transom and went to work, I must say it would have been a breeze if the floor was out but oh well......so through much manipulation I got the drill and the air riveter down in the opening. I squeezed 16, 1/4"x 1 1/4" mono rivets up each side it should hold the old Merc. I took a picture of one of the rivets beside a regular pencil so you can get a reference of size........Thanks guys and especially "Bluefin".

Off to the upholstery guy on Monday.

Attachments

• knee brace brackets.jpg
    knee brace brackets.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 3
  • knee brace1.jpg
    knee brace1.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 3
  • knee brace 2.jpg
    knee brace 2.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 3
  • knee bace3.jpg
    knee bace3.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 3
  • mono rivet.JPG
    mono rivet.JPG
    68.6 KB · Views: 3

InMotion

Commander

Nice work there CP... unless you plan on hanging triple 300's off the back, that there fix you've done should work just fine!!! :D

J.

classiccat

"Captain" + Starmada Splash Of The Year 2020

Thank You for the kind words Cp! Bombproof!!! :madgrin:

cpdchap

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Minor correction guys bluefin let me know that this repair idea originated with the "dozerll" we want to give credit where credit is due. Not sure if Glenn is being humble but he is the one who pointed me to BF. Bottom line you guys are awesome and Thanks!

dozerII

Admiral

Great job on the knee brace repair, I probably can't take credit for the idea on the repair, as I some where back in time on this awesome forum was shown how to do it by another StarCraft Guy.

barato2

Commander

who learned it from yet another, who....... with all the negative crud in this world that gets repeated and spread all over the internet, it's kind of nice to come to the "tinernet" and see good knowledge getting passed around and along.

duke33

Petty Officer 1st Class

Another great read! Subscribed.

cpdchap

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Hey wizard, it is in reference to Bluefins thread " My First StarCraft; 1975 18' SuperSport " he is amazing with tin repair. Check it out.

cpdchap

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Actually just scroll up 7 post and click the restoration thread at the bottom of his post.

crankbait cowboy

Chief Petty Officer

teamwork, gotta like that there. nice job duplicating a real fine method chap

Weep'n Willy

Master Chief Petty Officer

Nice work on the brace repair. Thankfully us I/O types don't have to deal with that. (although we do have to deal with gimbal bearings and alignment issues)

cpdchap

Petty Officer 2nd Class

WW my next restore will be an I/O......I can work on them I am totally lost with an outboard.

theoldwizard1

Petty Officer 1st Class

WW my next restore will be an I/O......I can work on them I am totally lost with an outboard.

Tilt your head 90? and remember on 2 strokes the carbs are where the oil pan was on a 4 stroke ! :lol:

cpdchap

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Got back the upholstery, not real happy with it, but life goes on. It's things nobody else will ever see or know but will always bug me:mad-new: Anyways......got a bunch of little stuff buttoned up.....bumper moldings, windshield, bow cap, bow rails, polished up the Z bar that the side panels rest on, installed cushions on front of consoles. Today I am going to attempt to make both dashes. I got a 1/4" thick piece of aluminum 1'x4' and am going to try to match the original shape. If I am successful there will be pictures, if I am not there will be scrap:). If all goes well I will swap the Merc. over this weekend. I will post some pics with all the cushions in later.

Attachments

• photo 1-3.JPG
    photo 1-3.JPG
    121 KB · Views: 4
  • photo 5-2.JPG
    photo 5-2.JPG
    128.6 KB · Views: 4
  • photo 4-2.JPG
    photo 4-2.JPG
    119.3 KB · Views: 4

dozerII

Admiral

She's looking real good cp, upholstery looks real nice from where I'm sitting.