Yet another steal

fixb52s

Chief Petty Officer
Thread starter
Joined
May 14, 2004
Messages
463
Going to pick up this 1960 Starcraft tomorrow. $150 with trailer and motor.​
 

Attachments

  • Starcraft.jpg
    Starcraft.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 0
  • Starcraft2.JPG
    Starcraft2.JPG
    12.5 KB · Views: 0

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Joined
Nov 11, 2005
Messages
51,019
Re: Yet another steal

sure looks like fun. twin 60 vintage 25hp johnnyrudes would be really great on there.
 

fixb52s

Chief Petty Officer
Thread starter
Joined
May 14, 2004
Messages
463
Re: Yet another steal

Some people collect cats. Why does it seem I am starting to bring in boats??? :confused:​

Well, I did the trip to fetch it. Had to run to Advance Auto for a 1 7/8" ball because I only had a 2". Still would not hook up so I had to unstick the hitch guts. Looked at the tires: cracks. Bearings? Well the wheels don't look like they are going to fall off and there was grease. So I crossed the fingers and left. Stopped a few blocks away to add a few cargo straps to stop it from bouncing on the bunks. Took it easy and made the 47 mile trip home with no problems. :D​

Now the fun begins. It has an ugly Evinrude "Big Twin" strapped on the rear. I have no idea just what it is yet so I have to look up the numbers. The floor has soft spots but the glass looks really good. I am sure it will be the same old story when I rip it out. The transom will also have to be replaced. The hull has a few spots that have been "repaired", but overall, it doesn't look too bad at all. :confused:​

I better get the Chris Craft done so I can get to this one, but I think it will probably wait till the fall. At least my stringers are in and I hope to have the floor done by the end of next week.​

Oh yea: Wife..... She has not got back from work yet, but she DOES know I have it. Hopefully that new convertible I bought her last weekend will keep her quiet. :rolleyes:​
 

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Joined
Nov 11, 2005
Messages
51,019
Re: Yet another steal

big twin are one of the best. hard to kill.
 
Joined
Sep 5, 2007
Messages
1,790
Re: Yet another steal

I got a 61 big twin that just a parts engine. Free parts to any member that can come and oick them up. ldt me know
 

tmcalavy

Rear Admiral
Joined
Aug 29, 2001
Messages
4,005
Re: Yet another steal

Yeah the big twins are great, not quite as thirsty as a V-four but almost at WOT.
 

fixb52s

Chief Petty Officer
Thread starter
Joined
May 14, 2004
Messages
463
Re: Yet another steal

Where will I find the numbers on this Big Twin? About the only thing I know about outboards is they strap on the transom. From looking at photos, this engine appears to be a mid 60s vintage. Someone went nuts with the spray paint so it is kind of ugly.

EDIT: Found the numbers. Model 40353D, 1963 40 HP from what I found on the net.​
 

Attachments

  • Evinrude.JPG
    Evinrude.JPG
    79.6 KB · Views: 0
  • boat2.JPG
    boat2.JPG
    64.1 KB · Views: 0
Top