Would You Lone Your Boat To Anyone?? Poll

Would You Lone Your Boat To Anyone?? Poll

• Yes, if they had a BIG bank account...

Votes: 31 8.5%
  • Fat chance, it's mine and I don't share.......

Votes: 216 59.3%
  • I've done it and would NEVER do it again........

Votes: 20 5.5%
  • No problem, I am a sucker

Votes: 9 2.5%
  • I've done it and had no problems and would do it again

Votes: 37 10.2%
  • OTHER: Explain your answer for other.

Votes: 56 15.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RAPACHI

Cadet
I just had my ball gears badly worn on my 84 Formula OMC by letting a VERY good friend use it. My question is, would you loan your boat out.

luckyinkentucky

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Would You Lone Your Boat To Anyone?? Poll

I would NEVER loan out my boat to ANYONE unless I was there supervising, and I might not even do it then. Before loaning anything to anyone I ask myself, " Would I trust them with MY money?" That's basically what you are doing. You are paying for his mistakes and ignorance.

It might have been a good idea to have him sign a waver before you let him take it too. Hindsight is 20/20 . :)

scrobo

Petty Officer 1st Class

Never. When something goes I like to know it was something I did. Not something someone else did.

My wife and son are the only other ppl that operate my boat. I was approached by a good friend about this already. Answer was NO.

Same goes for my car.

Zamboni

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Never lend your boat or your wife.... EDIT

Last edited by a moderator:

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Family members (except SIL) only.

Scaaty

Vice Admiral

What's "SIL"
Looks like JB taking a nap, or Texas has closed down for the night...so I will edyakate ya..my sister is married to my BIL...??? thats all I'm gonna give out, there turning the lights out here soon too on the left coast..:D

Barnacle_Bill

Admiral

If I was the "very good" friend I certainly would be offering to have it fixed.

AguaSki

Chief Petty Officer

I would never lend my boat to anyone. Not even a family member. Likewise, I would never borrow a boat from anyone. Lending and borrowing a boat is just not a good idea.

seven up

Petty Officer 1st Class

Not worried here.

None of my friends can afford 35 gallons/hr.

Neither can I for that matter.

Good luck with your worn ball thing

IOSLVR

Seaman

Father-in-law only. He fixes more than half the messes I get into anyway. He raised his daughters around boats and is who I take comfort in getting alot of info from besides you guys. After all he gave me one of his daughters.

Gregk

Seaman

I would never lend my boat to anyone. Not even a family member. Likewise, I would never borrow a boat from anyone. Lending and borrowing a boat is just not a good idea.

Ditto this!

Mr.Stuart

Senior Chief Petty Officer

My kids and my ex wife, they have been pretty responsible with it, and I store it over at my ex's house, good thing we get along huh?

My daughter on the other hand, bless her little heart, last time she was behind the wheel, we all thought we was gonna die, her brothers were ready to abandon ship, as for me, I stood firm, proud, and silently felt overwhelmed with utter panic until I said, "uh, dearest young one, I don't think your quite ready to operate a boat yet" as I'm tearing her out of the drivers seat, but dad remained calm and in complete control .............well ok, maybe her brothers opinions might be a little different, but that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

orion25

Petty Officer 1st Class

I have a couple of friends that I would loan it to but only because they own their own boats. Their boats are also similar to mine and they have taught me a few things about boat ownership in the recent past. Plus I know they have good jobs and can afford to fix what they may break..............

tashasdaddy

my immediate family, all are certified boaters, and educated when the alarm goes off, shut it down and find out why, or call seatow.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Back to the question.
The only other one that drives my boat is the wife.
I trust her with my life and she has proved more than once in 35 years, she knows what she is doing in one.

Side note, you should have seen her eyes the first time she nailed the Gambler.:D

skimmer

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Same, same, intermediate family, mine are also all certified except mum shes not into it, my brother doesn't even ask half the time just grabs the keys and goes. I would probably also lend it to a couple of my friends who have licenses, are responsible, and know my vessel and what it's capable of, others DEFINATELY NOT

orion25

Petty Officer 1st Class

I have a couple of friends that I would loan it to but only because they own their own boats. Their boats are also similar to mine and they have taught me a few things about boat ownership in the recent past. Plus I know they have good jobs and can afford to fix what they may break..............

I should have mentioned that one of these friends was the best man in my wedding.............. I have no doubt that our friendship (strong since the 3rd grade) will either equal or outlast my marriage........... I can trust him with almost anything (even though he is a Florida State fan....................)................

Ezrider_92356

Chief Petty Officer

i wouldent let anyone borrow my boat, i dont think id even let anyone else drive it same goes for my motorcycle the only time anyone else has ever riddin my motorcycle was when me and a good freind went on a ride we swiched and rode eachothers bikes back home just to see the differnace in the two other than tha t no one drives eather im nervious enough if somone else borrrows one of my trucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.