Worst songs known to man...

JoeW

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Worst songs known to man...

Here are some that can turn my ear:<br /><br />"Please come to Boston"<br />"Wildfire"<br />"Don't Rock The Boat"<br />Anything by Jimmy Buffet<br />Any kind of Rap<br /><br />I hate the thumper cars too. I've often thought about strapping on the biggest set of speakers I can find to the outside of my truck and puttin on a polka to out blast that $^&*.

tylerin

Commander

Like this one, "Tylerin, Tylerin, he's our leader..........He's the one who......blah, blah, something something". <br />
What the f..... :confused: <br />Go Carpy! Go Carpy!<br />My name is Carpy, thats what I said, I wear high heels and paint my head Red...Go Carpy! Go Carpy!

Stratosfied

Ensign

Went to a local gas station a few years ago going in on the graveyard shift. A 'player' pulled up in his little thump mobile and had the crap thumping. I asked him to turn that crap down. He said "man, I got to feel the noise". Well, I went in and paid and talked to the clerk for a minute, noticed that the music had (thankfully) died. I went out to leave and the noise maker came to me and asked if I had any jumper cables. :D I asked why do you need them, he said that his battery ran down while he was pumping his gas. I told him no I don't have any and how did that noise feel now? ;) I left to go to work and this kid had the strangest look on his face. :rolleyes: <br />The music I dread is Rap, Grunge rock, and anything by the group Alabama, how they made a career out of playing 4 chords is a mystery to me.

ebbtide176

Commander

all these comments make me LMAO :D <br /><br />i guess i better not say how many listed i really like to hear, like the old 70's slow stuff.<br /><br />(c)rap and heavy metal make me want to blow chunks. very few songs i liked, even back when AC/DC had a few i could tolerate, because my girlfriend liked them. the rest of it was about the same as sticking your ear next to a chainsaw at WOT, with someone scratching a chalkboard beside your other ear.<br /><br />i would rather beat my head on a wall than listen to bob dylan

gaugeguy

Captain

Yup ebb, I am loving the "I would rather _______, than listen to_________" comments :D <br /><br />I just got done listening to the ABC song by the Jackson 5 (back when Micheal was still black), and I would rather pull my own teeth than listen to that again ;)

samagee

Chief Petty Officer

The thumpers are driving me nuts. I live on the corner of two VERY busy streets. Not to mention the schools just down the street. I have often wondered if sonic guns actually work. I have thought about testing them on their speakers as they drive by. :D There is nothing worse than being woken up in the middle of the night, because some self apointed "player" is sitting at the red light with his thumper going. When it rattles my windows, it is infringing on my privacy.

ebbtide176

Commander

and i would rather sleep on a fireant bed than have to hear anything by madonna. and basically better sound comes out of a good dogfight than any band that cranks their amps up and the singer has to yell/scream/whine to be heard. i think zep & cream fall in that category... :D

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Any of you all go to Woodstock?<br />Way out there man, far out. :cool:

Carphunter

Commander

lol at Tylerin. :D <br /><br />"Whats up Tylerin, can't you see that I'm back,<br />I say the hats Blue, but you tell me its black,<br />Its supposed to be Red, but maybe its purple,<br />I would really like to know what you did with my Gerbil".<br /><br /><br />Man, its hard to rhyme anything with Purple. :p

gaugeguy

Captain

Better a gerbil<br />Than that dog Toto<br />You say you're pretty<br />We haven't seen a photo<br />You only pick on Tylerin<br />When he's not here<br />Perhaps you are afraid<br />Nothing to fear Carp, nothing to fear :D

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

2 funny... :p <br />why ain't we fishing right now again? LOL

gaugeguy

Captain

I'm tellin ya MY, I would give up my pinky toe to have a fishing pole in my hand right now ;)

Carphunter

Commander

"Yo, my name is Guageguy and I'm hear to say,<br />My best friends Tylerin and we like to play,<br />hide the gerbil, stick him in a pipe,<br />Just be careful, 'cause he may bite". :eek: <br /><br />.......you guys missed me........right? ;)

samagee

Chief Petty Officer

The worst song I heard went something like this.<br />Beep beep, beep beep, his horn went beep beep beep... It was a song about a car that no one liked. :D <br /><br />I remember we had one as a kid, and every time we went through a puddle of water it would stall.

JoeW

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Just heard this one during lunch:<br />"Having my baby"<br />It ranks right up there with my other hated songs.

Stratosfied

Ensign

Anyone remember the "classic" Ring my Bell from about 1979? God, How I wanted to ring her bell with a .45 ACP! :mad:

gaugeguy

Captain

That's a winner!! Like to take her and that Starland Band who sang "afternoon delight" and put them on the "last train to clarksville" with the monkees. :rolleyes: <br /><br />I am truly tortured by the music they are playing at work, this makes Abu Ghraib look like club med ;)

phatmanmike

Captain

Any of you all go to Woodstock?<br />Way out there man, far out.
2 of them<br /><br />some of this stuff your mentioning is pure genious, i love these songs. i love neil diamond.<br /><br />i saw a DJ in the local paper, advertsiing that he does wedding and parties and functions and that he specializes in RAP,TOP 40, AND COUNTRY.....um its like one big puke fest...all i would say is , " you're Fu@*!ng fired !"