Why does a non-Christian welcome the celebration of Christmas?

ob

Admiral
Re: Why does a non-Christian welcome the celebration of Christmas?

Yet another condescending post from matt.<br /><br />Well matt ,if you can't see the pot stirring antics of some of therivers posts,then to quote yourself,"you must be losing it."<br /><br />Since we're on the subject,a short review of many if not most of your posts contain some degree of condescending smugness.So there.<br /><br />I too have said some rash things before that I wish I hadn't.Just don't like to be called "black" by the kettle.

ebbtide176

Commander

because it feels good & its good for your soul, and everyone has a soul :D <br /><br />as for triver getting jumped on, its probably due to him showing his penchant for trolling, like he did with his post in SW's topic clearly listed for the christian crowd here. -just a thought-<br /><br />hope everyone enjoyed the holiday time by at least having a chance to spend time with their families & sharing gifts. i think this time of yr brings more feeling of peace & love to everyone who celebrates it.

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

I'm losing it too, I guess... I see the problem too, Matttt... :cool:

mattttt25

Commander

ob- i simply pointed out the history of this thread. if my supposed condescending smugness bothered you, sorry. i was supporting a fellow member from attacks that were unwarranted.

ob

Admiral

Originally posted by mattttt25:<br /> ob- i simply pointed out the history of this thread. if my supposed condescending smugness bothered you, sorry. i was supporting a fellow member from attacks that were unwarranted.
Well I guess what we don't agree on then is what the definition of "attack" is.Should I consider your statements as an attack?And , Am I also a fellow member of yours or just theriver?

mattttt25

Commander

you're a member like the rest of us. if you made a relevant post to a thread, others attacked you, and then the same people asked why you're starting trouble... i would defend you as well.

ob

Admiral

Originally posted by theriver:<br /> Christmas is the day we all celebrate the birth of Santa Claus, silly...
This was therivers opening comment.If you consider that as a defendable relevant statement ,considering that you are a naval offcer,I find your judgement in character to be somewhat disturbing.

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander

er!! more turkey anyone?

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

lol... that's the spirit, Elmer :D <br /><br />
misc5.jpg
<br />Perhaps I'm guilty of flaming poor theriver with my link to iboats' rules.I am pretty tactless myself -- sort of "the pot calling the kettle a fat ****ainer". but that's too bad. I 'll only appologise for calling him on it in an open forum. I should've emailed him.<br />I happen to like the guy, even tho he is 180degrees out of phase politicaly to me. I like plywoody too...go figure. :rolleyes: <br />I was amoung the first to welcome theriver to iboats. He started-out polite enough. He wasn't flaming anybody,and wheras his post were often opposing mine, he conducted himself as a polite gentlemman. I really don't think his personality changed..No "sudden snap" or anything. As a MOF, Theriver's few posts in this thread, except for this one;<br />
Originally posted by theriver:<br /> Careful EF, SW's liable to shootya or something...<br /><br />:)
Are as harmless,and as you pointed-out, could even be less caustic than anyone else's.It kind of the post that broke the camel's back.<br />But it's not this thread alone that raised my hackles. You'd have to read pretty much every single one of his 50 (or so) to see he hasn't read the rules. This was my only point. It's not my place to criticise, and I did. So I get flamed by you, Mattt...I wonder how long we can keep this chain-reaction going! :) <br />Nice of you to stick-up for one of the members like you did tho.<br /><br />I have my threshold of pain too, as most members know. But I don't go around flaming fellow members over thier beliefs. don't have to put up with it.Theriver's worst habit, and i'll tell him to his face, is his habit of thread derailment. I'd say this derailment is my fault and yours... theriver didn't do it this time, altough, he sure tried like hell!(see his first post "on topic" ).

mattttt25

Commander

12footer- like someone said before, we're simply typing away on a message board. no big deal.<br /><br />ob- that was theriver's first comment, which i called a silly joke. i stated that his second comment was a relevant statement. go back and read. and please don't question my judgement as a naval officer.

ob

Admiral

Originally posted by mattttt25:<br /><br /><br />ob- that was theriver's first comment, which i called a silly joke. i stated that his second comment was a relevant statement. go back and read. and please don't question my judgement as a naval officer.
His first comment as far as I'm concerned is an introduction to his following comments.Smart-alecy.<br /><br />As to your other statement I say judge not and ye shall not be judged.Respect is something we all earn,regardless of how we percieve ourselves.Look here Matt ,I mean no disrespect to you or your important position as a Naval officer.But fact is ,is that I've been around here long enough to have read many of your posts as you have mine,and you have made some condecending comments in many of them that were uncalled for IMO.So have I.I'm no angel either.I say we bury the hatchet and I'll begin by offering an apology to anything I said that offended you or any other member.Deal?

theriver

Petty Officer 1st Class

I reserve the right to be as smart-alecy as I wish.<br /><br />;-)

mattttt25

Commander

we're cool, ob.

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

I wouldn't fit into most peoples definition<br />of christian either JB.<br />wish you hadn't edited orig. post, but I seem<br />to remember u said u didn't believe jesus was<br />devine. if you meant he was no different than<br />you or I, then I agree. but then again I feel<br />we are all devine, or could be if we tried.<br /><br />I consider my self anti-religion and pro-spirituality. <br />what does that make me? LOL<br /><br />here's a nice quote we should all be able to<br />agree upon;<br />"when I do good, I feel good and when I do bad<br />I feel bad, that is my religion"<br />A. Lincoln

Carphunter

Commander

JB, first of all, sorry to see this thread get flushed down the toilet by some who have no respect. Anyone can make smart-@ss comments, even me. ;) <br /><br />I agree with some of what you have said JB. Jesus was a teacher. He did teach us how to behave in our lives toward each other. The big difference, (and I mean BIG), in our beliefs, is that I believe that Jesus WAS devine, and that he died on the cross for all of the sins of mankind. He was and is the son of God. I believe that three days after he was crucified(sp), he rose again, and I believe that he continues to watch over us. I have faith that this is all true. I see God working in my life everyday. Don't ask me to explain many details about what I believe, because many of the details escape me. Pehaps I am not meant to understand many things yet. Hopefully someday I will. I live my life based on my Christian beliefs, and I could not have asked for a better life. God has surely blessed me more than I have deserved. Even though the Bible does not say we must celebrate the birth of Christ, I eargerly do so. Just as I celebrate everything Jesus stands for today.<br /><br /> :)

theriver

Petty Officer 1st Class

"If God did not exist it would be necessary for us to invent Him." <br />-Voltaire

Carphunter

Commander

"If God did not exist, how in the heck did you get here"?<br />-Carpy. ;)

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Originally posted by Carphunter:<br /> "If God did not exist, how in the heck did you get here"?<br />-Carpy. ;)
I know how I got here. :D

Carphunter

Commander

A test tube SBN?<br /><br />Just kiddin now. :D <br /><br />We all know the little flying saucers brought you to Earth. :p

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by theriver:<br /> "If God did not exist it would be necessary for us to invent Him." <br />-Voltaire
"Only problem there is, he would be an invention instead of my creator." <br /> -12Footer"