Who killed the Kurds?....how?..

jtexas

Fleet Admiral
Re: Who killed the Kurds?....how?..

Originally posted by deputydawg:<br /> ...My personal feeling is that anyone who disagrees with our fighting over there is a coward and a traitor...
I might disagree with that opinion, DD, but I'll defend to the death your right to express it. <br /><br />
Originally posted by deputydawg:<br /> <br />By the way to those who are against the fight, are you also in the group that thinks we should have negotiated with the terrorists after 9/11? I heard that statement from so many whiny people.
What group? How many whiny people? You got whiny people in Nebraska? <br />Negotiated with whom...the suicide terrorists? <br />Did you forget we bombed heck out of Afganistan? The fight we're talking about here is Iraq.<br /><br />To disagree with America's government is not disrespectful to her soldiers.

txswinner

Banned

jtexas, next you will probably say some moderates and even moderate conservatives oppose the war in Iraq. You are way out on a limb my man.

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

no way I'm going there, txs!<br /><br />BTW sandies are schooling like crazy on Ray Hubbard, too, but I'm going bass fishing tomorrow at Joe Pool.

crab bait

Captain

was all for the afagan war.. to get bin-laden an the 'evil-doers'.. but we switched to iraq real fast like.. as if saddam ,under a microscope, was goin' anywhere,,do anything.. <br /><br />so/but bush wanted to take the big shootin' war to iraq .. cause there weren't much stuff in afaganistan for haliburton to fix up.. well some rock huts .. thatched roofs but nothin' like a real country with real buildings ,power grids, bridges,oil an stuff..

BrettNC

Petty Officer 1st Class

Yeah crab bait. Nevermind there are terrorists all over the the mideast region that want to kill us. It must be all about Haliburton.<br /><br />Think through these things man.

BrettNC

Petty Officer 1st Class

Jtexas,<br /><br />Do you agree that we should have attempted to negotiate with the terrorists?

Nos4r2

Lieutenant Commander

Originally posted by crab bait:<br /> it's ALWAYS ahout the money ,dude..always
yep-but any argument can use that one at any stage.<br /><br />It's about doing what's right. The difference in opinion is in the definition of that. <br /><br />My own opinion is that we shouldn't be wasting our countries defensive resources or our soldier's lives on what is essentially a middle-eastern squabble in Iraq-Afghanistan yes-the terorists were definitely being trained and harboured there so I see it as an agressive defence strategy-but then what do I know? I'm not in government...<br /><br />As for negotiating with terrorists-no wonder we are getting targeted like this when the British government allows convicted IRA bombers the priveleges they do. It's already sent out the wrong signals.

BrettNC

Petty Officer 1st Class

Your final point is a great one Nos.<br /><br />Keep in mind that this is much more than a "squabble". We were attacked on a grand scale.

Nos4r2

Lieutenant Commander

Originally posted by BrettNC:<br /> We were attacked on a grand scale by these terrorists. I take offense in your calling it a squabble.
No, you were attacked on a grand scale by al-quaeda terrorists that were trained and supported in Afghanistan and funded by someone in hiding there.<br /><br />Taking Afghanistan was IMO a legitimate military action for that reason.<br /><br />IRAQ is a squabble that we shouldn't be in. I can't offer any opinions on how to get the hell out though!

Nos4r2

Lieutenant Commander

Sorry Brett-caught your edit there. My point is that in Iraq we are essentially attemting to police the middle east. Lets face it, that ain't EVER going to work out. It's not possible to impose a different set of moral values on a large scale on people who have grown up with a heavily conflicting set. ANY western sanctioned government is going to come across so much resistance as to be unworkable in that situation.<br /><br />To reverse the situation, how would you deal with it had the Brits walked back in during the American Civil war and tried to govern again? The upshot is that both sides end up fighting what they percieve to be the common enemy but on their own terms and without credible cohesion as a fighting force.<br />-<br />-<br />-<br />This is not a serious troll below but a point to ponder.<br />I can see how a dictator forms his 'evil plans' now...<br /><br />Lets face it-the ONLY way to sort Iraq quickly would be to totally close the borders, kill everyone old enough to have a developed set of moral values (ie every Iraqi over 2 years of age) and erase the memories and history books of the rest of the world. Open Iraq's borders in 25 years and problem sorted.<br />Horrendous? Yeah.<br /><br />It does however make the point that our countries are trying to change the imprinted way of thinking of an entire nation. That aint EVER going to happen-so we're going to be there forever.

BrettNC

Petty Officer 1st Class

Al Quaeda is all over the entire region Nos. Including Iraq. No one can deny they are fighting tooth and nail for Iraq. So many seem to miss the fact that it is Muslim extremists that we are fighting in Iraq. If Al Quaeda and other terrorist groups had no connections with Iraq, then why are they fighting for control?

BrettNC

Petty Officer 1st Class

I acknowledge that the region has been in chaos for a very long time.<br /><br />This is not going to be sorted out quickly at all.<br /><br />It's not the thinking of an entire nation. The majority of people in the Mid East are not extremists and terrorists. The ones who are create a major threat to the civilized world. That's the problem.

Nos4r2

Lieutenant Commander

From a tactical point of view Al-Quaeda fighting in Iraq is a good decision.It's hard, but put yourself in their shoes:-<br /><br />1)Iraq is a muslim dominated Arab country<br /><br />2)The west is effectively governing it by force.<br /><br />3)The previous regime was so opressive that the people of Iraq hold life as very low in value.<br /><br />Where better to recruit new extremists and to generate a show of force?<br />IF they weren't there before the fall of Saddam (and I'm not in a position to say whether they were or not) then it's a damn good place to go from their point of view. <br /><br />IF they were-then they have what they see as a legitimate fight. They are in their eyes fighting the hated infidel that is governing the arab world by force.<br /><br />Sucks don't it.

BrettNC

Petty Officer 1st Class

For those of you who have had problems generating logical arguments and points then read the above by Nos. I can respect what was written above.<br /><br />I think that extremism has been fostered in Iraq for a long time now. I think the country was very influential in the direction of the Mid East and extremism was seen as beneficial by Hussein. <br /><br />I don't agree with every single thing going on in this war. I think the public needs a plan that is better defined. However I am much more comfortable from a national security stand point with the current administration handling this.

crab bait

Captain

just think of the hardships we put on the 'evil-doer's' when we invaded iraq ..<br /><br /> the evil-doers had to drag up walk,camel,yak thousand miles to a new war front.. when we coulda just stayed in afagan an fought evil.. that's where the evil was.. but we convienantly let the head-evil doer slip by..<br /><br />now it's binladen shimladen .. binladen what..?? binladen who..?? <br /><br />looky here,, we got saddam..he gased his own people.. he killed kurds..

Vlad D Impeller

Commander

When the Soviets superpower invaded muslim Afganistan and installed a puppet government, muslims from all Arab countries were recruited to fight against the communist invader and the Afgans that were viewed as treacherous collaboraters.<br /><br />This time it is America, another superpower invading muslim Iraq and are trying to install a puppet government, and the fight goes on.<br /><br />The big dissimilarity is, with America's invasion followed by the deposing and capture of the tyrant Saddam, America is actually trying to make a better country out of Iraq, a country where all Iraqis can live in harmony regardless of their tribal and various sectarian differences.<br /><br />The popular perception among muslims in general is that we are attempting to replace their culture with ours, and that is where the concept of winning the hearts and minds is fought.

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

It's always my favorite. Bush Lied. Anyone here been in the war room? Privy to conversations with Colon Powell? Read all the documents that convinced the French, Germans, British, Spanish, Austrailian, Russians, Poles, Italians, Norwegans, Japaneese, etc. While they were shreading documents over at the UN, anyone know what was in the waste basket. How about the document down ol' Sandy Burgler's pants? <br /><br />Bush lied. How convenient. Now I might accept that he was rash, arrogant, premature, or even miopic. But no based on Dan Rather and Michael Moore's stellar track records and history we have concluded that Bush Lied. Tell you what, call me a liar based on the information you sight and you will be the laughing stock at the neighborhood block party trying to corn on the cobb with no F&*king teeth. But really no sour grapes or political agendas there.<br /><br />Let me explain a lie. I did not have sexual relations with that woman, Miss Lewiniski. And a DNA soiled dress comes out of the fat girls closet. Oh, then he admits it. You Bush haters have nothing but speculation and opinion. Now who are the arrogant ones?<br /><br />No need to go into the ol' Bush did it for his oil buddies. Neat. Buddies. What buddies? Point to any connection, even one that is one step removed. Great soundbite just the same. Intellectually honest, no way. Got nothing on someone, make it up, its just politics anyway. And the democrats wonder why they keep losing election after election after election. Fabricate away......<br /><br />Pass the Kool Aid.