Who killed the Kurds?....how?..

Booner

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Who killed the Kurds?....how?..

lol at oddjob :D <br />Lets go to school boys...ahem!:<br /><br /><br />Poison gas = WDM<br /><br /><br />Now lets say all say it together...you too PW!<br /><br /><br />quote:<br />--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<br /> Poison gas = WDM!...<br /><br />--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<br /><br /><br />--------------------<br />oj<br />good one oj :D

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Everyone seems to forget Saddam had COUNTLESS many times to prevent any war. He fought inspections and sanctions, and treaties, etc, etc.<br /><br />Stop blaming GWB, it takes an enemy to go to war with, and Saddam played his part all the way.<br /><br />Ken

deputydawg

Lieutenant Commander

Find someone that has been there and find out if they think it worth it. All I know say yes. They know the real story, not just what the media publishes. Every soldier there has given his life to what he or she believes in. We have a VOLUNTEER military. I haven't met one yet that has had hard feelings for being there, or regreted their choice of enlisting. I do know one coward that found a docter that gave him a medical discharge when he was to be deployed, but that was his own choice because he both was afraid and had a new girlfriend he didn't want to leave.<br />Did you know that in the last several months the all of the opposition and fighting has NOT been with iraqie soldiers, or even iraqi citizens? <br />Who is getting rich? If GW is after their oil, then where is he keeping it hidden? Why haven't we started shipping it home? By the way the reason he took control of the oil fiends first was to prevent others from damaging them.<br /><br />My personal feeling is that anyone who disagrees with our fighting over there is a coward and a traitor.<br /><br />By the way to those who are against the fight, are you also in the group that thinks we should have negotiated with the terrorists after 9/11? I heard that statement from so many whiny people. What do we do, say we will give them millions of dollars if they promise to never do that again? <br /><br />And for my final thought, are these people also fans of Hitler? People say Hitler was different. OK, check your history. Hitler said he wanted to take over Europe and we attacked. Sadam said he wanted to take over the world and fight Christianity. Hmmm? Of course that was before the last war if anyone remembers that one. Maybe we changed his mind back then? <br />Hitler wanted to kill all Jews, Saddam wanted to kill all Christians. But then if anyone remembers history, Hitler also attacked some Catholics and othe religions. How can we support Iraq now and not support Germany then? Check your history and see why we fought the past wars.<br />Also has anyone ever wondered why we were attacked on 9/11? One reason they gave us is that we desecrated their holy land when we were there many years ago. Anyone remember that, when Russia was fighting them and America went in to give weapons and training to help them? I don't remember the years that happened. <br />To all the bleeding heart whimps out there, your world is so nice all is black and white. Everyone does everything you don't like for money and power. There is so much more out there that you will never allow yourself to see. Money and power are at the bottom of the list. There are political alliances that need to be considered, humanity that needs to be considered, and who knows how much more at stake.<br />By believing only in the media we are opening ourselves to be brainwashed to what they want. They report news to the popular opinion. If 100% of the nation was all for this war then the media would only report good things. Since you people allow turmoil and a disagreement then they will report to your side to get a bigger audiance. The media is the true war mongers that are after money and ratings.<br />I feel sorry that these people are so week that they allow the media to control their thoughts and opinions.

magster65

Commander

With hesitation I post this... I'm not trying to start a war here but watch Michael Moores film 'Fahrenheit 9/11'. Sometmes it seems like Americans are all on a bus headed for a (or another) disaster with a nut-case at the wheel. I don't wish that to sound mean or condesending, I've liked every American I've ever met but GWB and his 'team' seem to have a coupla' screws loose... look at GB's face when he gives his speeches. I could be wrong but 'history' will decide what your president really was.<br />Peace out.

Kiwi Phil

Commander

Iraq.<br />We are going to loose this one. It is not win-able. <br />The solution to the terroist threat lies in Afghanastan,Pakistan and Saudi. <br />AQ leadership is not large, nor well equipped. At some point we have to remove ALL of it. <br />Being involved in Iraq is utter B/S. <br />We may not like Sadam but he did run Iraq better than the Americans are running it. <br />The AQ leadership must have pee'd themselves with delight when America organised the invasion of Iraq. <br />When the American leadership decide they are going after the real terrorists, the complete western world will be with them. It will be a quick war.<br />I think back to Colin P addressing the UN; <br />I remember the 45min time line on an attack; <br />I recal the victory visit by the President; <br />I recal Arnie visiting the troops; <br />I mean, just when will the B/S stop and we get down to dealing with the real problem. <br />Because one day, we are going to have to deal with the real problem, and the longer we pork around, the harder it is going to become.<br />We have incompetant leadership.<br />Cheers<br />Phillip

D

DJ

DD wrote:<br /><br />
Hitler wanted to kill all Jews, Saddam wanted to kill all Christians. But then if anyone remembers history, Hitler also attacked some Catholics and othe religions. How can we support Iraq now and not support Germany then? Check your history and see why we fought the past wars.<br />
There are many lib's here that would like to see all the Christians dead too.

txswinner

Banned

DJ, I was thru writing until I read this remark. You by far have made one of the most ignorant statements of all times. You are one sick person.

QC

Supreme Mariner

magster65 and anybody else who gives Michael Moore any respect,<br /><br />Please read this article. Pretty long and very detailed, but honest journalism as opposed to unsubstantiated, unverified drivel.<br /><br /> http://slate.msn.com/id/2102723 <br /><br />Also, I agree that George has terrible body language. So what?

BrettNC

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thats all they have to go with Quiet cat. "Did you see the way his face looked?" Pathetic.

Nos4r2

Lieutenant Commander

Originally posted by DJ:<br />There are many lib's here that would like to see all the Christians dead too. [/QB]
You repeat this an awful lot DJ.<br /><br />Do you have some kind of persecution complex?

PW2

Commander

Hitching's pretty accomplished at name calling, it appears. I'm not sure what that adds to the debate.<br /><br />I do agree that the weakest part of the film is the segment on the authorized flights of the Bin Laden family---not that they occurred, which of course is undisputed fact, but who authorized them and why is pure speculation, and probably unknowable.<br /><br />So it goes. Why is it such a shock an outrage when the left speculates, while the right constantly speculates on the motives and even the patriotism of any that dare to question them at all?<br /><br />Now I don't take what Moore says as gospel any more than I take what GWB says as gospel. But when a critic of either ventures into prolonged name calling, their arguments lose credibility, in my mind at least. <br /><br /> I'm perfectly capable of deciding who deserves, or doesn't deserve, respect.

magster65

Commander

Exactly. There's always another perspective. The truth usually lies somewhere between the two.

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by DJ:<br /> There are many lib's here that would like to see all the Christians dead too.
what's up, DJ, you weren't always this hateful. I recognize it as rhetoric, but I don't get it...it's just too obtuse.

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander

Jtexas, Idont think DJ is being hateful .....just frustrated.........On the other hand when your belief and lifestyles are attacked its easy to be on the defensive and get mean. I myself have made jabs at those who question my faith........Now just like in another thread, back to the original purpose....Who gased the Kurds? Sadaam... Now my question to those who oppose the war is WILL HE EVER DO IT AGAIN???? NOOOOO. Unless some nimrod liberals end up freeing him.

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

DD, I don't get it...we supported post-Hitler Germany, why shouldn't we support post-Hussain Iraq?<br /><br />And didn't Hitler do way more than just express a desire to own Europe before the US entered the war? Didn't we have allies with German troops inside their borders? Didn't Pearl Harbor have something to do with it?<br /><br />And did Sadam really say he wanted to take over the world? I know he probably wanted a bit more real estate but remember, he thought he had our permission to invade Kuwait. He didn't have any illusions about being able to win a war against the US. <br /><br />I'm not Bush-bashing here, I'm just not a**-kissing either...somebody's got to ask the hard questions...in Sadam's Iraq you couldn't do that without getting your family tortured & killed. Who's getting rich? There's a lot of civilian contractors making a ton of money...not saying that's why we're at war, just saying, it's a valid question. We've got troops dying just so we can have the right to ask it.<br /><br />We people aren't letting the media control our opinions, but we refuse to allow our government to control them either.<br /><br />We're there, let's finish the job & get out soon as possible, is my opinion.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

jtexas, we learned our lesson with Hitler, dont wait until they get strong, get them before they get going.<br /><br />Ken

lakelivin

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Originally posted by DJ:<br /> There are many lib's here that would like to see all the Christians dead too.
WOW!! Is that a knee-jerk response out of frustration, or do you actually believe that?

Vlad D Impeller

Commander

deputydawg wrote,<br /><br />"Hitler wanted to kill all Jews, Saddam wanted to kill all Christians."<br /><br />Hitler did'nt just "wanted" to kill all Jews, the sob actually tried to exterminate them, committing suicide was too easy an escape, he deserved what Mousalini got.<br /><br />I don't believe that Saddam wanted to kill all christians,there are no factual evidence presented anywhere to support such a claim.<br /><br />Saddam was a diabolical power-hungry criminal who ruled Iraq by tyranny, almost all of his victims were muslims.<br /><br /><br />DJ wrote,<br /><br />"There are many lib's here that would like to see all the Christians dead too."<br /><br />Paranoia is a terrible thing, you need to get out sometimes, there are'nt commies under your bed or devils and witches flying around and hiding in your closet :( <br /><br />I hope that you feel better soon :) <br /><br /><br />Although i'm not a follower of religious dogma, i do have lots of friends and family who are christian, muslim and jew and i have found them over the years to be conservative in lifestyle, liberal in their thoughts and their love for freedom and this country remains boundless.<br /><br />the labels that some of you folks here brandish about on this message board is rancid in bigotry, intollerance and very much un-American.

txswinner

Banned

DeputyDawg, <br /><br />Quote:<br /><br />"My personal feeling is that anyone who disagrees with our fighting over there is a coward and a traitor."<br /><br />This is nuts. You need to go with DJ for group therapy. I disagree and would have no problem being tried for my opinion.

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by Kiwi Phil:<br /> ...We may not like Sadam but he did run Iraq better than the Americans are running it. ...
C'mon now Phillip, don't make us come over there... ;)