When will you launch your boat this year?

bvassel3

Petty Officer 1st Class
It would be interesting to see when you typically plan to launch your boat this year and begin using it...or if you are able to use it year-round.<br /><br />Here in Utah we can boat at Lake Powell and on the Green and Colorado Rivers year round (but it can be cold!) but in most of the rest of the state, ice-out occurs sometime in March-May, depending on the elevation of the body of water. For trout, the high mountain lakes may still have ice in early June.<br /><br />BV

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: When will you launch your boat this year?

1st of March most of the time and this year will be no exception with no really cold weather to speak of.<br /><br />With that said, mine is at the ready all year long cause I don't know when I will take off somewhere.

LadyFish

Admiral

Hi Bv, ours boat is in a slip under the house and we can use it year round. <br /><br />She's been out of the water for the last 2 months for annual maintenance and a couple of other adjustments, but we will launch her this weekend and I can't wait. :D

gaugeguy

Captain

Salmon season starts here April 1st, it's been a relatively mild winter so hopefully ice out will occur by the first or second weekend in April.

ehenry

Commander

I keep mine ready year round. I sometimes have to use it to get to my hunting camp when the Mississippi River is up. Might put it in the water this weekend if the weather permits and go to the camp to get my stuff out of my house before the River Rats do if they haven't already.

NYMINUTE

Captain

May 1 or sooner. April is usually better than May here in the Hoosier State (North)

LubeDude

Admiral

Depends on when I get the intake system changed over, I hope around the middle of March. Actually I hope it rains like H*ll for the next couple months, We are very dry here, and the lake is at summer level already. :eek:

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Launched the 12Footer yesterday....Been down all winter for repairs (no boat money to fix it).<br />She ran great, but I broke the gas can fitting removing it,so I'm dead in the water again.<br />They want TWICE as much for a 3 gallon fuel tank, as they do for a standard 6 gallon!!!<br />And just in time to cover it for the long hot summer. Figures, don't it?<br /><br /><br />The Cobra will be covered-up for the Summer too. Maybee by 2007, I'll be able to launch it.

Terry H

Lieutenant Commander

Been out already, The Salmon, Snake, and Clearwater Rivers are running just fine this year sofar... Chief :)

Booner

Petty Officer 1st Class

I will get it out of coverd storage mid March then need do do some work i.e impeler, fuel pump ext. Shooting for 26-27 March

Twidget

Commander

Next weekend, if the weather cooperates. We get a lot of warm snaps during the winter, so its year round sometimes.

beezee28

Master Chief Petty Officer

Probably next week end. Weather is a bit crazy right now with thunder storm and rain.

Link

Rear Admiral

Been saying next June for the last ten years!<br />However last June it did get wet twice. Once to check out a trolling motor and to catch a few trout. And once to check out the electric trolling motor. And bagged a couple Bass. <br />The goal is that this year it will be put back together and used 12 months out of the year again.<br />Im happy with the way it turned out. The front is floating in about 2 inches of water and the stern in about 4 inches.. (with now one in it)<br /><br />
watermark.php

sangerwaker

Commander

I'm usually out within a day or two of the ice going off of the local lakes. That usually works out to be about the first week of April, give or take a week. I'm headin up to the farm in probably 2 weeks to pull my baby out of storage.

Stratosfied

Ensign

Was gonna go on Feb 9th but it rained. Can go pretty much year round here.

FSHKPR

Ensign

hoping for the first week or two in april. since i bought the cottage there is alot of new water that i need to explore so the earlier the better.

bekosh

Lieutenant

Normally I try for mid April. This year will be late due to some needed fiberglass repairs and painting. Hopefully I'll be done by mid May.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

If the weekends would have been clear, I could have had it out two weeks ago, and been quite comfortable in the high 70s.<br /><br />Every weekend, RAIN!!! :mad: <br /><br />Ken

jinx

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Had the boat out between Christmas and New Years. Been too busy or it's been too cold since then. It is ready though anytime.<br /><br />I leave it at the ramp and just hitch up and back it in :) <br /><br />BTW BV: Southern Utah has to be one of the most beautiful areas of the country I have ever visited.