When will you launch your boat this year?

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral
Re: When will you launch your boat this year?

7 weeks and when the water turns liquid again.<br /><br />Ken, get a boat with a cabin, then it doesn't matter if its raining or not. Glad I did, it guarantees that I will be on the lake every weekend no matter what the weather is like. Of course it doesn't prevent me from getting called in to work. :(

BLU LUNCH

Lieutenant

Around the 3rd week in April,I can't wait to start trolling.....

f_inscreenname

Commander

Mid March off comes the snow cover and by the first of April I should be at the boat ramp. Fingers are crossed.

Fly Rod

Commander

:) Should be in by April 15th!!! ;) :cool:

steam_mill

Chief Petty Officer

April 15 for the 12' foot aluminum boat. Probably end of May for the Bowrider.....

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

Year-round. First outing in '05 was last Sunday.

what66

Petty Officer 1st Class

I'm planing my fist time out for the year some time inmach to test my motor I have a boat trip for thr firstweekin april the last time I was out was dec13<br />there was some ice.<br />hay Bv i'm a utahn to I live up here in layton.<br />luckly I have more engine repair to do so the time will pass quickly.

brother chris

Commander

As soon as I can get to the insurance office and get another license plate. So that means, probably this weekend. <br />I can't wait!!!

Bart Sr.

Lieutenant Commander

I'm with sangerwaker on this one.With my relatively new four day work week I expect/plan on a lot of time alone on the water.<br /><br />>>>>>>>HAPPY BOATING DREAMS<<<<<<<

neumanns

Lieutenant Commander

I usally shoot for within three days of iceout, I believe that to historically be april 17th in these parts if memory serves me correct. Some lakes take longer and some go sooner but that is the average date on the average lake here.

ebbtide176

Commander

around here most go all yr round. i didn't get out for the stripers this time, but hope to next weekend, might hunt for crappie. my pop just retired 3wks ago, and they filleted 10 nice crappie fillets off their local south TN lake earlier this week.

rolmops

Vice Admiral

My lake boat hopefully around the end of march and the new sea boat as soon as a 19 footer can safely brave the Gloucester,MA waves. Early May?

Serentiy

Petty Officer 1st Class

Link Where do you get the tall railing for the boat? and can one put it on the bow of a v bottom? thanks Serenity

Serentiy

Petty Officer 1st Class

I hope sometime this month If we can get a weekend off.<br /> Serenity

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

I'm beaking the Pro-V out tomarrow.. FINALLY!<br /><br />Wisconsin River run for Walleyes and a little barley beverage consumption!!<br /><br />WOOHOOOO!! I'm stoked!!<br /><br />took me a while to find the time to escape but, I'm a freebird tomarrow.<br /><br /> 40 degrees, a boat, sunshine (possible snow), cold beer and fishing rods.. It don't get much better than that. :D

Mr.Ladyfish

Master Chief Petty Officer

TODAY!!!!!!!!!<br /><br />All the necessary honey-dos are complete in preparation for the arrival of the "Original Blonde" next weekend so the boat gets it's sea trial after raising the motor in search of lost rpms.

one more cast

Captain

Funny thing how the boat got done just in time to excape the MIL. :D

LadyFish

Admiral

On the contrary OMC, she's an avid fisherwoman in both fresh and saltwater. When I told her she's gonna love the new boat, she said "I'll love it even more if its in the water."<br /><br />We plan on doing quite a bit of fishin while she's here. :)

bluewater19

Chief Petty Officer

We cleaned the boat, serviced her and took her out for the first time yesterday. Temp was around 60 degrees. It was a good day!

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

As soon as I can shoot across the bay WOT and not freeze my butt off.