When is your boating season over?

gtochris

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: When is your boating season over?

I've gone out till early Nov, (north NJ Here), but for the minimal use and dangers involved (only boat on the lake) combined with the fact that I hate winterizing /cleaning things in the cold, and we get those freek october late storms I'm going to say Late Oct-Mid March is our off season.

sandersps

Petty Officer 2nd Class

A bit smug. ^^^^^^

Guess I'm the type who 'limits' myself. Maybe you shouldn't 'limit' yourself to just boating.

People were asked when their boating season is over. Yours is never over. Congratulations. Some answer differently. Notice that many are over come late fall?

Sports season analogy is cute, but doesn't look like many parallels are being drawn based on the answers provided.

My never ends either, if you count the fact that when there are 40 inches of snow on the ground, I pass by my boat when shoveling and make engine noises.

Hey, I make those noises in the prep area as i put in the plug and pull off the straps. I am turning into quite the boat junkie.

5150abf

Vice Admiral

Way north Indiana here, sometimes you can get in one last trip over Thanksgiving weekend but that has been iffy the last couple years and wouldn't be possible without my camper top.

SteveRoss

Petty Officer 2nd Class

My Doc says my boating and fishing season will be over when I'm about 85. No problem though, I'll just park the wheel chair in front of the 50 gallon aquarium at the nursing home and fish right there !!

reap182

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Never early enough and always ends too soon.

bonz_d

Vice Admiral

When the water gets hard. Or when the river quits flowing!

Shamus O'toole

Petty Officer 1st Class

NEVER!!!!!!BWAAAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA....I love Florida!!:cool:

Mike Robinson

Senior Chief Petty Officer

We have a fairly mild climate here. (Northern coast of British Columbia) and our boat sits on a trailer in our yard and has a ETEC outboard which is easlily winterized.

Usually the boats sits from late October to early April but if we get nice weather I will throw it in the water and try for a "winter spring" (salmon).

SteveRoss

Petty Officer 2nd Class

NEVER!!!!!!BWAAAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA....I love Florida!!:cool:

Roger that, Shamus. And GO AIRBORNE !! Although, I don't understand why anyone would jump out of a perfectly good airplane ... Although I have jumped out of some perfectly good boats.... Long story....

Regards,

Steve

tboltmike

Petty Officer 1st Class

Here in central Louisiana, it is never over. Gets a little chilly sometimes, but not too bad. There are probably 3 weeks total out of all year where it is too dang cold to go in the early morning, but I will still go in the afternoon.

Ditto for upper Texas coast. As long as a "Blue Norther" isn't howling thru. The Johnny runs best on clear chrisp days, but it likes hot soggy ones too.

Lived here long? I was in Charleston for the last 10 years but just moved to Beaufort two months ago, which necessitated the boat last month ;)

Ive been in Beaufort about 7 years and just started boating myself about a year ago, started fishing then too, figured its there for me to use why not. Watch out for people at the downtown sand bar, if you have a family, the one by Morgan Island is family friendly. Enjoy the waters, its all we have here in this town.

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

I boat in the NY/NJ areas. With the hard top on the boat, the season can be extended all the way to Thanksgiving. The hard top is amazing protection in cold weather, so going out is still fun. The problem is not so much the weather, but finding time to go out with the family since the kids are in school and 4 day weekends are not really an option for them. This year I plan on taking a few long weekend trips in September with my Dad.