What's your pet peeve ?

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: What's your pet peeve ?

Originally posted by ae708:<br /> Truck drivers who pull out in front of me either from the roadside or when I'm about to pass a car on the interstate. They will invariably change to the left lane when a car is trying to pass forcing the car driver to slam on brakes to keep from getting hit by a semi-trailer.Superior drivers... uh huh, yeah right.
I'm sure Nate will have some stuff to add here, but all I will say is that AE, you don't have a clue.

ae708

Chief Petty Officer

ok SBN.. enlighten me as to what I have no clue about since you seem to have all the answers.

ebbtide176

Commander

uh, i thought y'all were going to go ez on the mods the next couple of days? :D

ebbtide176

Commander

nate, you obviously got a pretty hard opinion going, so maybe that's why some jumped on it. i know all drivers irritate others some time or another. <br /><br />i get irritated with speeding truckers sometimes, but i think you're right about most cars not realizing the limitations of big trucks, and understanding they can't stop/get up to speed fast, and maintain constant speeds in hilly areas... i do, and give them leeway. along I-85N into SC & NC they are a major pain on those never-ending hilly areas though. :D

ae708

Chief Petty Officer

ebb.. I just don't think that a guy going to a week long shake and bake school and learning enough to get a CDL makes him a superior driver. And if a post like Nate's with all the cussing and name calling doesn't get the attention of a mod I surely don't see why mine would.

ebbtide176

Commander

yeah, ae i know. but then again, doing it as a job makes you take it pretty seriously. <br /><br />and for my pet peeve.... hmmm, that's a hard one<br /><br />probably would be - whenever you get a little more money from time to time, it always seems to be a little less than what your current needs are. ;)

SpinnerBait_Nut

Yea all these arm chair truck drivers seem to have all the answers.<br /><br />They run around with their 2000# car and want a 80,000# truck to just up and stop for them cause they decided that they are going the wrong way and decide to make a U-turn.<br /><br />And AE, I don't have all the answers, but do have 22 years over the road in my own truck and let me say that some of the things I have seen cars do would scare even you.<br /><br />I'll admit that there are a lot of truck drivers out there that shouldn't be, but I am old school driver and with over 3 million accident free miles, I do think I know just a little bit about what it is.<br /><br />Go to Green Bay, Wi. and take the driver course on the teflon pad they have.<br />Gives a whole new meaning to power slides.<br />Now I'm done before the mods get mad.<br /><br />Have a Merry Christmas.

D

DJ

Parents who let their children roam around in the car not belted in or in child seats. Then expect sympathy when the child gets killed in a crash because they became a projectile. Trouble is they'll find some dirtbag lawyer to sue somebody and a jury will go along with them.<br /><br />Disclamier:<br /><br />I know we used to do it, but those things weren't avialable when we grew up.

ae708

Chief Petty Officer

SBN there's a big difference in an "old school driver" and some dude who has been driving for a few months and thinks that he knows it all and that cars should get out of his way. Car drivers do stupid things and so do truck drivers. I don't think that being a truck driver makes you a better driver than I. There are dumb sh**s in both cars and trucks. And just to set the the record straight I'm 67 and have driven trucks, cars, planes, boats for most of my life and have never been in an accident of my own fault. Hopefully I didn't jinx myself by saying that. Have a Merry Christmas everyone.

lakelivin

Lieutenant Junior Grade

People who crowd up right next to the luggage carousel at airports even though theirs hasn't come through yet.<br /><br />If everyone would stay back 2 or 3 feet, people would have room to step forward and grab their bag when they see it instead of trying to elbow between all the morons hogging the conveyer space even though their bags are nowhere in sight!<br /><br />Am I the only one this bugs?

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Lakelivin, that one drives me nuts too. Very rude people.<br /><br />As for the truck drivers vs cars, both are equal opportunity offenders. But anyone dumb enough to cut off an 18 wheeler deserves to have the truck in the rear seat.<br /><br />Here in Houston, we have tons of trucks and 99% of them do a good job. Tailgating is the biggest offence.<br /><br />That 1 mph faster passing thing does drive me nuts, but both cars and heavy trucks do it equally. Both drive me nuts.<br /><br />Ken

SpinnerBait_Nut

Originally posted by ae708:<br /> SBN there's a big difference in an "old school driver" and some dude who has been driving for a few months and thinks that he knows it all and that cars should get out of his way. Car drivers do stupid things and so do truck drivers. I don't think that being a truck driver makes you a better driver than I. There are dumb sh**s in both cars and trucks. And just to set the the record straight I'm 67 and have driven trucks, cars, planes, boats for most of my life and have never been in an accident of my own fault. Hopefully I didn't jinx myself by saying that. Have a Merry Christmas everyone.
Hey AE, I know what you are saying.<br />After I retired from the truck, a local truck driving training school wanted me to work for them teaching these gys and gals about driving.<br /><br />I ask how long is their course, their answer was 6 weeks :eek: and I said no thanks, they can't even learn to fill out a log book right in 6 weeks and walked out.<br /><br />It's really scarey nowadays to watch this new breed take to the roads. Some are good, but most are not ready at all.<br />Again, all about the mighty dollar. :(

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

When people use the term " I know.." when you're standing there explaining the correct way to do something that they've failed at multiple times..<br /><br /> :mad: :confused: :mad:

ae708

Chief Petty Officer

SBN... glad we could put that particular point to rest. : Let's get on with enjoying this forum.

OLDSPUD

Petty Officer 1st Class

People who claim that their getting "ripped off", when it was their own greed that made them to buy into some scheme or bad investment, and then contact the news media to proclaim to the world how they got ripped off, exposing their own greed or stupidity. (Sorry retired folks, if something is to good to be true, it usually is)

carrotsnapper

Petty Officer 1st Class

You've hit on some really good ones. Truckers, motorhomes and such driving in the left lane on the freeway.<br />How about farmers and construction workers that drive their tractor down the middle of the road with no way to pass them going 25 mph slower that the limit. They drive these d*mn things like they pay ALL the road taxes, and they don't have a license plate. :mad: :mad:

fixin

Senior Chief Petty Officer

As far as construction workers-We can shut down the whole road, if that would make you happier.<br />These machines run about 25 MPH,hard to see cars out of,and will squash one like a bug.Sorry if we inconvenienced you--NOT!

qaztwo

Petty Officer 1st Class

Dump trucks hauling gravel with it flying everywhere. People standing in a fast food line forever and when they finally get up to the counter they have no idea of what they want. People that give up after the first try and whine that they can't do it.

88spl

Petty Officer 1st Class

I would say, and not to beat on truck drivers, like gaztwo said "trucks hauling gravel" leaving down town Dallas in the morn, moveing along at 70 75, just tryin to stay up with the flow, and a piece of rock hits my windshield, pieyow, scars the livin sh*% outa me, and pis*&% me off so bad.<br /><br />I catch up with the truck to see number of kills clearly marked on the side of his truck.<br />Flip him off and haul a**. :p :cool:

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

I had 10 years of a 30year career behind the wheel of heavy trucks....trucks that required new brake shoes every six months (used to drive mostly inner-city).---Then, I'd get behind the wheel of my car or motorcycle, and drive home.<br />In all my years, driving the motorcycle with the heavy trucks around me gave me the most anxiety!<br />That's all I'm gonna say about this thread derailment.<br /><br />You wanna know what my second pet peeve is?<br />Commercials selling cars at top-of-lung by some ring-announcer, while the TV audio guy kicks the compression up to the max!!!!<br />And then, there's Mathew LESKO ...<br />
insane.jpg
<br />You know, the dood with all the question marks on his suit, screeming "GET MONEY FROM THE GOVERNMENT FOR FREE!! GET $5000 FROM YOUR OWN CAR!!!GET PAID TO GO TO SCHOOL!!!! AND IT'S ALL FREE!!!"<br />That guy drives me to load my gun.