What's your pet peeve ?

ae708

Chief Petty Officer
Re: What's your pet peeve ?

People who wait until all their items have been rung up THEN start to fill out a check instead of doing it during "ring up". THEN fumbling around in a purse to find the driver's license that you know is going to be asked for... sheesh.

fixin

Senior Chief Petty Officer

How about the guy that does the scratch off tickets at the register?

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

. . .or store clerks who leave you standing at the counter while they answer the #$%^& telephone!

fixin

or the guy who has to talk on the Nextel in the restaurant.beep beep...YO,put it on private you a..

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

I don't have pet peeves... <br /><br />I have MAJOR PSYCHOTIC FREAKING HATREDS that include, but are not limited too.. <br /><br />Cell phones..<br />Nextel, anywhere... beep...<br />Whiney brats in resturants.. <br />Road construction, like.. Why does it take 3 years to widen a 1 mile stretch of road?<br />Litter, especially in the water..<br />"sport compact" rice grinding poop-box cars, and those who drive em'..<br />NON-ENGLISH SPEAKERS!!!!!!! :mad: <br /><br />ok.. :) I feel better now..<br /><br /><edit> I forgot to add Sailboats....

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

I hate NEXTELS that "beepbeep" me in the middle of dinner or a good movie, saying I have to go in and fix things 33 miles away, which were broken by a drunk behind the wheel!!!<br /><br /><br />Outside of that, I'm kewl wit it.

62_Kiwi

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Drivers in busy traffic who wait for ages before moving on a green light - and then go through just before it changes to red - leaving the rest of us stuck waiting for the next green.....

fixin

Forgot the guy who sh..s all over the toilet in a public restroom.Always when one of the kids has to go.What the $%@&&^$^$#.You nasty $#%#^******$#.

JamesCoste

Chief Petty Officer

I have a few...<br /><br />People who cross the crosswalk in a shopping center as slow as possible and it's more than obvious that they are capable of walking faster.<br /><br />People who don't know the right of way at a 4-way stop and think they are being nice by letting others go when it's their "turn".<br /><br />People who don't know the right of way at a 4-way stop and go even when it's not their "turn".<br /><br />Are you beginning to think that this happens to me quite a bit? :)<br /><br />People who "suddenly" drive WAY below the speed limit when they see a police officer. Just drive the speed limit or get in the right lane so I can pass you. <br /><br />I'll be back for more. I need to "step away from the keyboard" ...

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Originally posted by Fixin:<br /> Forgot the guy who sh..s all over the toilet in a public restroom.Always when one of the kids has to go.What the $%@&&^$^$#.You nasty $#%#^******$#.
Fixin you reminded me of this one.<br /><br />I would really like to meet the filthly slob that does this. And make him clean it with......$#^#$%^#$ (fill in the blank)<br /><br />These people really and truly are disgusting.<br /><br />Ken

NathanY

Commander

People that pass me when Im in my fully loaded dump truck(62,000lbs)just to slam on their brakes and turn. <br /><br />For all you people on this board that do that BLEEP YOU!!! I HATE THESE STUPID BLEEP THAT DONT RESPECT A LOADED TRUCK. I WISH THAT I COULD RUN THEM ALL OVER AND END THEIR STUPID GENE POOL FOREVER. <br /><br />TO MANY DUMASS JERKS OUT THERE THAT CUT TRUCKS OFF, PULL OUT IN FRONT OF THEM, STOP VERY QUICKLY IN FRONT OF THEM. BUT WHEN WE HIT ONE OF YOU BLEEP, ITS ALWAYS "WELL THAT STUPID TRUCK DRIVER" <br /><br />WELL GET A CLUE PEOPLE, TRUCK DRIVERS ARE FAR SUPERIOR DRIVERS THAN ANY OF YOU! WE ARE BETTER TRAINED AND PUT MORE MILES ON A TRUCK IN A MONTH THAN MANY OF YOU IN A YEAR! IF WE WERE SUCH BAD DRIVERS, THEN WE WOULDNT BE IN A TRUCK, INSURANCE WOULD NOT ALLOW IT.<br /><br />So in short, if you are driving near a truck, GET THE BLEEP OUT OF OUR WAY!<br /><br />(You is used in a general sense, I know that none of my fellow iboat-ers woud do such a thing ;) )

tcube

Petty Officer 1st Class

Wait persons (pc for waiter/waitress) who saunter up to our table and say something to the effect, "Hi, what can I get for you guys?" I'm way past the age where some 19 year old should be calling me "guy." :mad:

youngboater

Petty Officer 1st Class

How about the semi-trucks who decides to pass one another going up a 6% grade going 20 miles under the speed limit and 1MPH faster than the slower one!!! That really bugs me espically when towing a trailer of some sort with a heavy load and ripping a** up the hill too.

PW2

Commander

Fully loaded trucks that insist on tailgating, or weaving in and out of lanes like they are driving a Porche...<br /><br />Or worse, fully loaded transport trucks with GVW of 150k lbs in Northern Ontario travelling on the cowpath they laughingly call the Trans-Canada hiway, in blizzard conditions going 110 km/hr.

Scaaty

Vice Admiral

People at the register asking if you found everything you needed. Hey dumbas, I wouldn't be in line if I didn't have a everything I came in there for, idiot

Homerr

Commander

Using a cell phone while driving!<br /><br />Definitely kids out of control and the parents who don't do a darn thing to stop them.<br /><br />H.

geofthro

Seaman

I would have to say the sound of chewing gum out loud! I think at any time thats just not right!!!

fixin

How about the gall that cackles so loud in the restaurant,that everybody stops and looks.<br />HEEEHAAAHHEEAAA LOOK AT ME

ae708

Chief Petty Officer

Truck drivers who pull out in front of me either from the roadside or when I'm about to pass a car on the interstate. They will invariably change to the left lane when a car is trying to pass forcing the car driver to slam on brakes to keep from getting hit by a semi-trailer.Superior drivers... uh huh, yeah right.

tylerin

Commander

Belly shirts on fat chicks :( <br />They're called half shirts ...cause only half the people that wear them should ;)