What's Ironic to you?

gaugeguy

Captain
Re: What's Ironic to you?

Originally posted by LadyFish:<br /> Uh huh GG, and yes is no and no is yes. :rolleyes: :D
Now I am confused, no wonder it took me so long to get to second base. I took "don't stop" as "don't, stop!!" :mad:

JamesCoste

Chief Petty Officer

Women want equal rights, yet men are still expected to act chivalrous, pay for most of the meals, open doors, etc.<br /><br />I'm just kidding!!!<br />I repeat, I'm just kidding !!!

ndemge

Commander

Here's irony...<br />
irony63932.w492.jpg

D

DJ

LF wrote.<br /><br />
I think it's ironic that most drive thru teller machines have brail. <br />
Along with that, many light switches do too.

Kenneth Brown

Captain

"Womens shirt buttons are the reverse of mens. HMMMM! why is that" <br />"FYI so are our zippers."<br /><br /><br />Thats because we stand oppisite you and we can only rememeber one way to work them :)

KaGee

Admiral

Here's a real irony...<br /> http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/050104/detu007_1.html <br /><br />Use a ball bat and it's homicide, use suction and it's abortion. One goes to jail, the other lives like a fat cat on a six figure income.<br /><br />If abortion is legal, then the only thing this kid should be charged with is practicing medicine without a license.

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

I find it ironic that those who are anti-abortion rarely adopt.... ;)

spratt

Lieutenant

Originally posted by 62_Kiwi:<br />Having to press the "Start" button to close down my computer :rolleyes:
Even NZ is controlled by our own Mr. Gates, hmmmmm? He sure has a far-reachin' effect on this world, doesn't he?

spratt

Lieutenant

Originally posted by JB:<br /> Bumper sticker says, "Honk if you love Jesus". <br /><br />I honk. I get the bird, plus some very unChristian words.<br /><br />Anti-abortionist murders doctor "to save lives".<br /><br />
Originally posted by Skinnywater:<br /> That people who don't believe in god feel so threatened by him??
I guess "ironic" could be a wrestler who really never wrestles, but is an actor instead.

McGR

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Maybe I need to get over WWII (I wasn't even born yet). But, (and I don't mean this in any sort of derogatory way) I find it extremely ironic that many very successful Jews choose to drive top of the line German cars. Then again, my father grew up in London during the German blitz and I drive a Daimler Chrysler. So, I guess my choice of vehicles is also semi-ironic - but to a lesser degree I think.

crab bait

Captain

TYLERIN,, an you know that BECAUSE..?? :) ..<br /><br />( i know.. it is hard to get used to )

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

My rotten to the core city has this condemed 3 floor parking garage. It is barracaded since the stucture is unsafe. However, On each floor is 6 400watt High pressure sodium lights that stay on 24/7. <br /><br />Since the city is hurting for money, I wrote the mayor a letter saying that the city could save money by shutting off the parking garage lights. She wrote back and appreacited my concern. She explained that in case someone was in there and got hurt that they could sue the city for not providing lighting. DUH? :confused: <br /><br />This parking garage is posted with signs and barracades saying that it is unsafe. <br /><br />I think this is ironic because the structure is unsafe to be in, but it is well lit up 24/7!

KaGee

Admiral

Originally posted by snapperbait:<br /> I find it ironic that those who are anti-abortion rarely adopt.... ;)
I find it ironic that in a land where abortion is cheap and easy, adoption is worse than the Spanish inquisition and one of the most difficult and expensive deals to complete.<br /><br />Snapper your comment is nothing more than a baseless cliche and is highly insensitive to those who want to adopt children.

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

I understand a good portion of the world finds it ironic that the guy that got the most votes didn't become president a few elections back. Me too. But at least he won honest this time. I guess I can't beef about that. But what is this crap about a "mandate"? 51% don't make no stinking mandate! What planet is this guy from anyhow? I expect NeverLand will be up for sale in a year or so once Mikey J is imprisoned. Maybe Jr. should sell his ranch and move there. ;)

ob

Admiral

Most votes and didn't become President?Ever heard of electoral?It works both ways.<br /><br />And,who has substantiated that Bush won dishonestly the first time?? Still whining about Gore? :D Talk about Neverland. :D :D

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by WillyBWright:<br /> I understand a good portion of the world finds it ironic that the guy that got the most votes didn't become president a few elections back. Me too.
I find it ironic that there are native born Americans that are so ignorant about the nature of and the reasons for a Republic, that they can openly make a comment like this! :mad: Actually, on second thought, I really don't think it is ignorance. The American Left detests the Republic and all of it's necessary components. The Republic stands in their way of achieving absolute power over the people.<br /><br />Here is another Democrat that would be happy if we were no different than the rest of the world.

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

Cool Avatar Boomy!<br /><br />I'm not sorry Gore or Kerry lost only in that I didn't particularly like either man. I just dislike Bush more. I was more of a Tipper Gore for Mrs. President fan. She's a trip. Laura Bush has not disappointed me though. She's a sweetheart. Definately the better half!<br /><br />I just recall that many of your despised liberal media commented back then that a lot of nations that knew us as a Democracy couldn't understand how such a thing could happen. I'll never feel that Bush won on anything more than a technicality. This time around he just barely won over a hopelessly mediocre opponent. That's why this Mandate thing is pure fantasy. The guy's a legend in his own mind.

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

I find it ironic that in a land where abortion is cheap and easy, adoption is worse than the Spanish inquisition and one of the most difficult and expensive deals to complete.
On this you are 100% correct, Sir.. And it's a damn shame..<br /><br />
Snapper your comment is nothing more than a baseless cliche and is highly insensitive to those who want to adopt children. <br />
"a baseless cliche"? I think my comment smacks that nail right square on the head..<br /><br />As for my comment being insensitive to those who would adopt, maybe it is from some PC point of view, KaGee.... However, I would never meaningfully be insensitive to the fine people of this world who do adopt, especially in this day and age... :) Sorry if my statement was taken that way..<br /> :cool:

Bart Sr.

Lieutenant Commander

My wife's 02 Ranger has a 6 disc CD as does her 04 Taurus.My 03 Ranger has a 6 disc MP3 CD.<br /><br />The Irony????????<br /><br />We do not have any CDs!!!!!!!!