What is your Favorite Arizona Lake

Status
Not open for further replies.

nrf414

Chief Petty Officer
Re: What is your Favorite Arizona Lake

Roosevelt yesterday was 65 in the morning and about 67.5 when I left at noon. The air was very cool in the morning before the sun came up as it was quite windy. After the sun came up the breeze calmed and the air warmed up considerably.

A good site for lake information that sometimes includes temps is:
http://www.azgfd.net/artman/publish/FishingReport/

I googled for a while and could not come up with a one stop shop for lake temps.

nrf414

Chief Petty Officer

Lake Pleasant water temp was 73.5 degrees yesterday. Still not crowded no wait times at the ramp and crystal clear water. Didn't catch anything but got to know the lake better. As a single guy I can rightfully say, I need to go to Scorpion Bay and flirt with some of those bikini waitresses!

imag0586h.jpg

AZBoatDreamer

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Where is everyone Boating Memorial Day Weekend? I havent decided either Pleasant or Roosevelt. I thing the Water will be warmer at Pleasant.

Thoughts

nrf414

Chief Petty Officer

I'm thinking Pleasant maybe for some camping if I head out. I might just work on my pool and pretend I'm at the lake :)

AZBoatDreamer

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I think we are going to Pleasant. Have to get out there early.

dizzy1

Seaman

Doing Canyon on Saturday before all the nuts get out their late Saturday and Sunday. Neighbor got boat-itus watching me going out every year so he just boat a new Sea Doo jet boat, so a bunch of us all heading out Saturday with both boats. Good times and lots of big boobs on our boats. lol ;)

AZBoatDreamer

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Please take Pictures of Big Boobs. :)

I'm scared to do Canyon. Last time out there I bent my prop on floating wood. Scenic late but I'm scrared.

AguaSki

Chief Petty Officer

I will be boating at Pleasant for Memorial day weekend. First I plan to tow my pop-up trailer to the lake on Friday morning, and then will return home to get the boat. I will have to make two trips again on Monday to get everything home, but it should be a fun weekend of camping and boating. Fortunately I live in Anthem which is about 20 minutes from the lake.

Randy J

Petty Officer 2nd Class

well ben many years used to live in Tucson and it was San Carlos for me long hot ride but camped and fished weekends....to make it worth while to far for a day trip lolo then south Pina Blanca for hot tent and bank fishing but those were the good ol days like the 70's lolo

D

DJ

Where is everyone Boating Memorial Day Weekend? I havent decided either Pleasant or Roosevelt. I thing the Water will be warmer at Pleasant.

Thoughts

Nowhere. Staying home. The local lakes will be a ZOO! No thanks.

AZSeville

Seaman Apprentice

Heading up to Roosevelt on Friday. Maybe do Apache on Sunday. Canyon is too small, plus I've spun a prop there also.

nrf414

Chief Petty Officer

I didn't think Pleasant was too much of a zoo. Quiet still early Saturday morning. Much more traffic as the day progressed. I only stayed til about 1130..

dscf3212l.jpg

QC

Supreme Mariner

Last two days at Havasu:

attachment.php

A zoo like always on big weekends (all weekends), but we go with the flow. On the water, enjoying the sun, running the boat. All good!

Attachments

• Channel Mem day.jpg
    Channel Mem day.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 0

AguaSki

Chief Petty Officer

Nowhere. Staying home. The local lakes will be a ZOO! No thanks.

It was not too bad at Pleasant, but I still wish I stayed home. A drunken couple in the campsite across from ours got into a domestic dispute. The dispute led to the woman racing out of the campground with the man still sitting on the trunk of her car. He flipped off and cracked his head. This led to a huge emergency response and helicopter evacuation. Just when we thought the excitement had ended we were asked by a Sheriff Deputy to stick around because "something had changed with the mans condition", and we were now camped in front of a crime scene. The worst part is my 11 year old daughter witnessed the entire incident and she had to speak to the crime scene detective. I think I am done with camping/boating combination on 3 day weekends. I still may go to the lake early in the morning on 3 day weekends, but I want to be done by noon from now on. No more overnighters at the lake with all the drunks. Too bad because up until this incident, we were having a great time.

AZBoatDreamer

Lieutenant Junior Grade

We decided to stay home and hit some Memorial Day sale. Going to Pleasent this weekend.

dizzy1

Seaman

Did Canyon Saturday on the holiday weekend, was not crowded at all. Was a great day and didn't see any drunks or craziness. Nice lazy day. I remember a few years back that you couldn't find a spot to park after noon on a holiday weekend. Thinking the economy has has reduced the number of 'toys' everyone has.

nrf414

Chief Petty Officer

We decided to stay home and hit some Memorial Day sale. Going to Pleasent this weekend.

I'm thinking about heading to Pleasant on Saturday morning for some fishing / chilling.

AZBD you still going out this weekend?

nrf414

Chief Petty Officer

It was not too bad at Pleasant, but I still wish I stayed home. A drunken couple in the campsite across from ours got into a domestic dispute. The dispute led to the woman racing out of the campground with the man still sitting on the trunk of her car. He flipped off and cracked his head. This led to a huge emergency response and helicopter evacuation. Just when we thought the excitement had ended we were asked by a Sheriff Deputy to stick around because "something had changed with the mans condition", and we were now camped in front of a crime scene. The worst part is my 11 year old daughter witnessed the entire incident and she had to speak to the crime scene detective. I think I am done with camping/boating combination on 3 day weekends. I still may go to the lake early in the morning on 3 day weekends, but I want to be done by noon from now on. No more overnighters at the lake with all the drunks. Too bad because up until this incident, we were having a great time.

Wow, really sorry to hear this. That is too bad. I'm thinking about camping somewhere around Desert Tortoise on the weekend of the 10th.

Status
Not open for further replies.