• STREAM

Votes: 24 2.4%
  • OTHER

Votes: 49 4.8%

• Total voters

schiprec

Cadet
Re: What body of water do you boat in?

Lake Winnebago Pool in Wisconsin. If it was warm all year this would be paridise.

kkr26

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Sand Hollow, Quail Lake, Lake Powell All in Utah

AngelC

Petty Officer 2nd Class

From Southern CA but love the river. Lake Havasu, AZ

catfishcharlie

Seaman Apprentice

I fish Trinity Bay and its tributaries...Trinity River...Old river ...Lost river! Trinity Bay dumps into the gulf of Mexico.

firemixer

Cadet

Lake Erie, Tappan Lake, Salt fork Lake, all in Ohio.

Bumpus7

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I will Hopefuly be boating and fishing The Dragon Run / Piankatank River 13 miles up river from the Chesapeake Bay close to Harcum Va.

I live at the dividing line of what they call Brackish Water and Sea Water, and farther up river is Fresh Water.

I can Take my pick of 3 ways to fish on one river. :D

Mr. Bogus

Cadet

Mississippi and St. Croix rivers, near Prescott and Hudson WI.

Raghauler

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I keep my O'Day 22 sloop on Lake Nockamixon in upper Bucks Co. PA... close to home and work. With a 20 HP limit and it's undeveloped shoreline (state park), it's a nice lake for sailing.

I trailer my bass boat all over the place by me... have been to the following over the last three summers alone:

Blue Marsh Lake, PA
Lake Wallenpaupack, PA
Sassafras River / Chesapeake Bay, MD
Upper Saranac Lake, Adirondacks, NY
Fulton Chain of Lakes 1-5, Adirondacks, NY
Lake Cayuga, Finger Lakes, NY
Crystal Lake, Benzie Co., MI

eastont

Chief Petty Officer

I'm surprised that I'm the only, or maybe the first, to claim to boat on The St. Lawrence River. Depths from 1' to 900' and can be very fast water in some areas.

Some of the other waters are part of the Rideau Canal. Very nice scenery and water to traverse.

drrpm

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I run my Mariah SX20 on Clarks Hill aka Thurmond lake on GA/SC border. While not big in the Great Lakes sense, it is the biggest reservoir east of the Missisippi. However, I do most of my boating in a whitewater kayak on the small mountain streams and rivers of north Georgia, North Carolina and eastern Tennessee.

mphy98

Lieutenant

EAGLE LAKE in Canada. just watch out for those rock fish. they lurk just under the surface and come out and bite a hove in any boat know to man.:D

Mark_VTfisherman

Lieutenant

Lake Carmi, Franklin, Vermont
Seymour Lake, Morgan, Vermont
Waterbury Reservoir, Waterbury/Stowe, Vermont
Caspian Lake, Greensboro, Vermont

I fish primarily for Walleye, followed by Salmon or Smallmouth, but I take the kids tubing a lot in Lake Elmore (Elmore Vermont) and Waterbury Reservoir

(BTW - the avatar photo was taken at the Lake Elmore Vermont Fish and Wildlife Launch)

Last edited:

electricjohn

Petty Officer 1st Class

Mark,

I used to vacation on the Waterbury reservour back in the 60's and 70's. We stopped when they drained it for 2+ years to repairs to the damn. Went back in 1990 and the damn on the reservour upstream broke during a heavy rain storm (5 inches) our first night there, raising the water level in Waterbury 29 ft. Many boats got sunk, but I got lucky because I use a 5 gallon bucket of concrete for an anchor, so it was able to break away and keep my boat near shore. Needless to say, our weeks vacation was ruined being we are waterskiers. I even belong to the 'Green Mountain Waterskiers'. There were large trees and smaller debris floating all over the reservour. Haven't been back since, but I always liked that place.

Mark_VTfisherman

Lieutenant

...used to vacation on the Waterbury reservour back in the 60's and 70's. We stopped when they drained it for 2+ years to repairs to the damn. Went back in 1990 and the damn on the reservour upstream broke during a heavy rain storm (5 inches) our first night there, raising the water level in Waterbury 29 ft. Many boats got sunk....There were large trees and smaller debris floating all over the reservour. Haven't been back since, but I always liked that place.

It is a great piece of water. They drained it about 2000 or so for a repair and it is coming back as a fishery, but there is a lot of brush down there now. Caught some nice bass there this summer, but I can't figure out how to catch trout there yet. Smelt haven't come back fully yet.

You'll be pleased to know that they have three different water ski courses set up during the summer.

I don't know anything about an upstream dam- I moved here from NH in 1991, so don't know anything about that. I think you are thinking of the Mansfield Trout Club pond which blew out about then. Glad you kept your boat!

Anyway, you should try coming back. The water is usually warm and the debris is minimal now.

martinrab

Cadet

All seas and bays are mine. I think apart from some long lake behind davis damm (lake mead?) I never actually tried to have my boat on a lake.Mind you I sail more than anything and with my steel yacht it might be difficult to even get to a lake with almost 50 tons of weight..... :D

KiwiMattchoo

Recruit

I live in New Zealand, 100km North of Auckland, I do most of my boating off the East Coast around Great Barrier and the Mokohinau (Mokoheenow) islands.
It is a stunning place, almost unspoilt with Outstanding fishing and diving. Worth a look at Google earth.

AngelC

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I boat at Lake Havasu, but not during any holidays. Much to crazy, otherwise a beautiful lake. I'm really looking into finding a nice lake with some coves and being able to beach my boat and pitch a tent. If anyone knows or can suggest a lake I would really appreciate that info. I'm in Southern Calif. Orange County to be exact!

reybec

Cadet

we do most of our boating in Moreton Bay out from brisbane and on the Gold Coast to the south and around Bribie Island to the north

tbear1964

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Chain O' Lakes, Illinois and the adjacent Fox River. I am hoping to make it up to Lake Geneva in Wisconsin and a few other bodies of water this season.