• STREAM

Votes: 24 2.4%
  • OTHER

Votes: 49 4.8%

• Total voters

Jeff-in-PA

Chief Petty Officer
Re: What body of water do you boat in?

hmm...i don't boat anywhere yet. so i'll jsut mark where i plan to boat.

i live near a huge park named Green Lane. but they don't allow gas engines on the lake, so would only go there if i keep the small aluminum boat i have.
i mainly plan to boat at Lake Nockamixon since they allow gas powered boats on the lake.

we normally take yearly trips to Chincoteague, VA and the next time we go i really hope to take the boat down for some exploring and fishing in the bay.

I keep my O'Day 22 sloop on Lake Nockamixon in upper Bucks Co. PA... close to home and work. With a 20 HP limit and it's undeveloped shoreline (state park), it's a nice lake for sailing.

I trailer my bass boat all over the place by me... have been to the following over the last three summers alone:

Blue Marsh Lake, PA
Lake Wallenpaupack, PA
Sassafras River / Chesapeake Bay, MD
Upper Saranac Lake, Adirondacks, NY
Fulton Chain of Lakes 1-5, Adirondacks, NY
Lake Cayuga, Finger Lakes, NY
Crystal Lake, Benzie Co., MI

Hello neighbors. I'm just a few minutes from zaroba and about 20 minutes from raghauler. I grew up outside Harleysville.

We do most of our boating at Charleston Lake in Ontario Canada. It's about 20 minutes from the 1000 Islands and only a 6 hour very easy tow from here.

We head up in spring for pike and twice late summer/fall for the end of lake trout & for more pike fishing. This year the first trip was moved to June for the opening of lake trout since we purchased a '24 pontoon that all set up for trolling , complete with electric downriggers.

Jeff

Soundbounder

Banned

Long Island Sound.
For a vacation, I try to get up to Narragansett Bay, and the Cape Cod area.

grego

Petty Officer 1st Class

I fish ky. lake and cumberland river, and the ballard county reserve. :cool:

martyedge

Recruit

Bogue Inlet, Queens Creek, White Oak River, Bear Inlet, Intracoastal Waterway. All located close to Swansboro, NC

martyedge

Recruit

Is there anyone else here close to Swansboro, NC?

godspede619

Seaman

live in so cal. san diego. so my stomping grounds consist of pacific ocean/local bays/ and some mexican water action. but i love makin the arizona river trip. well worth the two hour drive to the colorado for some sandbar drinkin.....

magillacuddy

Seaman

I boat mostly in Saratoga Lake, but also trailer it up to Lake George. I would also like to check out Lake Sacandaga and take a short cruise on the Mohawk River.

mbest1312

Cadet

I have property on weiss lake here in Alabama and use smith lake quite abit as well. Currently I'm working on a 21ft reinell, to do some fishing in the gulf with, along the fla pan handle.

Tabes117

Petty Officer 2nd Class

The Illinois river, out of Seneca Illinois. We hang out at little beach.

alumi numb

Petty Officer 1st Class

i gatta remote controlled boat i put in the bath tub some times.:D

daman4469

Petty Officer 2nd Class

In Pa: Raystown Lake in Huntingdon. 30 miles long, over a mile wide, it is more like a giant river. Its a big time recreational place, with no speed or horsepower restrictions. Gets really sloshy on the weekends though with all those big boats!

w.lowe

Cadet

The mouth of the Suwannee river, it's tributaries, bays, creeks, and in the gulf of Mexico. Unbelievable fishing and oyster bars that love to eat up lower units

Starcraftguy1

Petty Officer 1st Class

Here in Arizona,Roosevelt Lake is our small lake,lol.The biggest here.And the best bass fishing west of the Mississippi.

Starcraftguy1

Petty Officer 1st Class

Another good one that I hit quite often is San Carlos Lake on the Apache reservation,Has the state record flathead catfish,80 - 100 17" crappies a night,and 4 or 5 pound bass as long as you fish,no bathrooms,lights,or trash cans,not women friendly.