Way to go Iraq!

SCO

Lieutenant
This may be a day of Infamy. The USA, our brave soldiers, reached down with a bloody hand to pull Iraq out of the abyss, and they had the courage to grasp it so that together we and they have a chance to save ourselves from the hell of an alternate future. I was tear choked this morning with the news.

LadyFish

Admiral
Re: Way to go Iraq!

Election Day <br /><br />They originally predicted 57% of the 14 million people to vote. They ended up with 72% voting. To me that sends a very strong message.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Just another reason to be proud to be an American. IMO.<br />Here is a salute for a job well done, so far. SALUTE!!!

rogerwa

Commander

Although the media has done everything it could to discourage and minimize it..<br /><br />I wonder what the damn critics are going to come up with now that it wasn't a bloodbath.

Homerr

Commander

Good one Rogerwa.. I'm waiting for that too.<br /><br />H.

carrotsnapper

Petty Officer 1st Class

Originally posted by SBN:<br /> Just another reason to be proud to be an American. IMO.<br />Here is a salute for a job well done, so far. SALUTE!!!
:) :) :) And a special salute for our brave young men and women that have laid it all on the line to help this thing come to pass. And to President Bush for his vision for a more peaceful world.

JB

A historic day, for sure, SCO, but not one of infamy.<br /><br />Infamy is a very negative word for things remembered with anger or sadness.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by SCO:<br /> This may be a day of Infamy. The USA, our brave soldiers, reached down with a bloody hand to pull Iraq out of the abyss, and they had the courage to grasp it so that together we and they have a chance to save ourselves from the hell of an alternate future. I was tear choked this morning with the news.
It could've been,but wasn't :) The lefties were wrong, and no suprise about that (they usually are wrong as it relates to foriegn affairs, as history bears-out).<br />Tears of joy here, also SCO. Like seeing a baby enter the world, and look around for the first time.<br />God be with these brave citizens who came to the poles, in overwhelming number, in spite of being in the sights of the enemy.

bubbakat

Captain

I do think the peopel are speaking fo themselves now.<br />What a day. :D :D :)

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by Homerr:<br /> Good one Rogerwa.. I'm waiting for that too.<br /><br />H.
It's already started. The news is showing John Kerry, trying his darndest, to minimize this monuemental achievement. <br /><br />Undoubtedly, this is just a step, albiet a huge one, but remember if it had been left up to the PWs, the Rolmops, the Daschles, the Clintons, the Gores and the Kerrys, this huge step would never have been taken.<br /><br />I believe that this is the start of the 'Pipe' (as in 'put that in your pipe and smoke it') being rammed down their collective throats, backwards.<br /><br />And as an adjunct to all the above and to show how 'they' still don't get it, I just read that George Soros claims that if Kerry had run on his antiwar reputation, (as opposed to hiding behind his medals) that he probably would have beaten Bush. Oh, how I love comedians.

beezee28

Master Chief Petty Officer

Isn't democracy wonderful. choice to choose!!

Bass Man Bruce

Lieutenant

They actually had a higher percentage of turnout under very bad circumstances then we do under the easiest of circumstances. Good for them, and kudos to our guys and gals in the service. A job well done.

rogerwa

Commander

The visions of the stained fingers I think will become a rallying image for the Iraqis. The terrorists are toast.

GodsBeast

Chief Petty Officer

Some of them walked 13 miles to vote. With a 72% turnout, I'd say that is a VERY STRONG message.<br />Heck you can't get some Americans to register to vote at all, because they are afraid they'll have to do Jury Duty. Then, even though some are registered they wouldn't drive 13 miles, much less WALK 13 miles to vote. <br /><br /> God bless our fighting men, and God bless George Bush and America.

Triton II

Commander

We had several polling booths here in Australia so expatriate Iraquis could vote. Turnout? About 50%. Seems those Iraquis IN IRAQ have stronger feelings about the democratic process than those who no longer live there. Just an observation.

SpinnerBait_Nut

What was that famous saying someone said when they first stepped on the moon?<br />I think that applies here. IMO.

JB

"We'll never be able to turn power over to an Iraqi government".<br /><br />"No way will you ever get an election in Iraq."<br /><br />"It'll be a blood bath and nobody will vote".<br /><br />BWAAAAAAHAHAHAHA!! :D

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by JB:<br /> "We'll never be able to turn power over to an Iraqi government".<br /><br />"No way will you ever get an election in Iraq."<br /><br />"It'll be a blood bath and nobody will vote".<br /><br />BWAAAAAAHAHAHAHA!! :D
JB, the Liberal power elite never believed that these things could not be accomplished, they just tried to use the uncertainty of them to convince the electorate to vote for them. <br /><br />Once again, these people are not as dumb as they often times sound. THEY ARE POWER HUNGRY. What ever position they think they need to take, whatever they need to say, they have shown that they will do it. They have no scrupples, or core values in their quest for power and it's about time the American people realize it. Oh, yeah, I guess they already did. :p