Walking foot sewing machine -- Reliant Barracuda

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Before you start laying out hard earned dollars for the Power Plus wheel, here's what I learned about it. I did a LOT of research on it a few years ago when I was doing my search on machines. It's basically just a larger, heavier wheel that will give the machine a bit more punch and since it's a bit larger will slow the machine down a bit but Not significantly. You also must buy the Posi Pin adapter and the Toothed Belt. IMHO the cost/benefit ratio is just not there.

Your machine uses a standard 1.5 amp sewing machine motor. Just like most Home Singer sewing machines. The benefit comes from the metal gears and the walking foot. If you want to really have the slow control you'll need a REAL industrial machine with either the Mechanical Speed Reducer or the Servo Motor.

If you use Photobucket for your pics, there's an IMG Code that's already provided so you just have to click on it and it will automatically copy the code to the clipboard so you can return to iBoats and paste it to your post. Makes it Real Easy cuz it puts the IMG tags in for you. No additional typing required.;)

Last edited:

wellcraft-classic210

Master Chief Petty Officer
WOG -- Good to have your feedback about the power wheel -- I am doing fairly well with the machine as is. The machine has gotten easier to control as I got used it and its been a significant step up in from what I had. Good enough for the project and funding at hand.

wellcraft-classic210

Last edited:

wellcraft-classic210

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
Little hint to get rid of wrinkles. Use a heat gun but be very careful you don't get it too hot. Experiment on something that you were thinking about doing over anyway.

wellcraft-classic210

No Title

Looks like the photo attach works as long as their under 2mb. ( original fabric & layout / but not my actual boat )

Attachments

• photo235720.jpg
    photo235720.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 0

wellcraft-classic210

I tried imbedding links but its not working as hoped -- having troble editing the bad links as well.

Last edited:

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Well Wog now I want a sewing machine and a router! Good info from all.

Corjen1

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Nice work, I appreciate seeing other Upholstery jobs!! Im still on the hunt for a walking foot machine, but Im stingy, so price has to be right!!

Last edited:

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
I tried imbedding links but its not working as hoped -- having troble editing the bad links as well.
Put your pictures in a folder called public. Right click on the picture you want to post and select "Copy Public Link".
Type

If the picture is too big, resize it using this utility if you are using anything newer than XP
https://imageresizer.codeplex.com/

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Bruce, that sure seems like a lot of steps compared to PB. I just left click to copy, return to iBoats Ctrl-V and paste. DONE!!! Automatically Sizes the pics no typing Nada!!!!;)

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
I abandoned PB years ago. Dropbox is easier in every other way so the extra few keystrokes here is more than made up with the ease of everything else you have to do with PB.

Dropbox just looks like a folder on your hard drive so its just drag and drop.

Before DonS passed away, I had him converted to it.

Last edited:

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
WCC210, Lets see if I can get you on the right path. In PB up in the right hand corner you'll see an Icon by the shopping cart that look like it's supposed to have your picture in it. If you hover over it a drop down will appear where you can select settings. Click on Settings and then in the Settings window you will see a tab kinda at the top of the screen that says Albums. Click it. Then about 1/3 the way down you'll see the LINKS section. Make sure to check the boxes like this...

PBSettings.jpg

Then go to the bottom and click Save.

Now All the pics in your library will have the IMG Code listed under them. All you have to do is right click on the IMG Code and then click copy from the dropdown. Return to iBoats and Hold down the Ctrl Key and keep it down and press the V key to paste your pic into your post. Couldn't be simpler

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Just as easy to left click the IMG code . then back to your post and right click then paste .
:joyous:

Status
Not open for further replies.