"W" May Have Smoked Weed (Rant)

gaugeguy

Captain
Re: "W" May Have Smoked Weed (Rant)

Funny, I was disqualified from joining the police force after leaving the Marines because I smoked pot when I was a teenager. So if you smoke a little herb, you can't become a cop, but you can become President. :confused:

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

w is just trying to build bridges with the liberals. :)

ob

Admiral

Originally posted by gaugeguy:<br /> Funny, I was disqualified from joining the police force after leaving the Marines because I smoked pot when I was a teenager. So if you smoke a little herb, you can't become a cop, but you can become President. :confused:
And they let ex-gang members and ex-street thugs into law enforcement(detective positions) because they are "street smart"?Or ,is that just on TV?Seems this narrow minded thinking will allow almost any previous behavior except previous smoking of "the dreaded weed".Maybe they should have hired you with honors,because you were honest enough to admit burning some reefer as a teen.Or, did they beat it out of you? :)

gaugeguy

Captain

Originally posted by ob:<br /> Maybe they should have hired you with honors,because you were honest enough to admit burning some reefer as a teen.Or, did they beat it out of you? :)
I was going through the background check polygraph, so I had to tell the truth. When the guy that was administering the polygraph heard me say "yes" when he asked if I had ever used illegal drugs, he about fell over backwards and his eyes bugged out like Arnold's in Total Recall. After the polygraph, the Captain of the force told me I was disqualified and that it "was too bad, you would have made a good officer" :rolleyes:

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

hell gg .. if you lied about it they probably woulda cut you in on their scams .. :p <br /><br />maybee made you police chief :D

ob

Admiral

Did they ask if you had ever stolen anything in your life,ever lied,ever been unfaithful,ever drove over the speed limit,ever cheated on a test,ever drank alcohol when underaged?etc...I mean ,if we want only honorable people serving.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Sorry to hear about that,GG. It happened to me too while still in military service.<br />Still, that just aint right.<br />There is a reason we cannot vote or drink booze legally until we become an adult. And it's the same reason kids do other stupid things."Thier brains are still not wired right", as Neal Boortz says.

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander

BIG DEAL! So what? at the very least i hope that he inhaled.<br /><br />It's a non-issue, whether it's directed to Clinton or Bush.<br /><br />What a bunch of self righteous Buttholes, this is just another smokescreen deployed by the editorialist media :mad: <br /><br />With all the happenings on this planet,we keep on hearing the same old song over and over and over :mad: <br /><br />What ever happened to true investigative journalism? :mad:

ob

Admiral

Originally posted by Elmer Fudge:<br /> What ever happened to true investigative journalism? :mad:
They are all retired and smokin pot at Walters house. :D

NYMINUTE

Captain

If we legalize the stuff and tax it accordingly, everyone benefits, even W. Kerry was a crack head........ or is it dic*head???

KRS

Banned

He didn't admit it!!!!!<br /><br />He stated that he wouldn't want some little kid doing what he did.<br /><br />Although eye-brow raising... IT IS NOT an admission. And I agree, who cares, what he is doing NOW is what matters.<br /><br />As for the crap that Firefighters were for Kerry, it was a load of poop (just wanted to set the record straight). A very attractive young lady in tight clothing and long blonde hair came by the department asking if she could give us some signs, we said "YEP!!" It turned out to be Kerry 2004 signs... they were buried in dirt, not displayed in it.

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

Originally posted by NYMINUTE:<br /> If we legalize the stuff and tax it accordingly, everyone benefits, even W. Kerry was a crack head........ or is it dic*head???
:D :D <br /><br />thnx NYM - got a good chuckle

gaugeguy

Captain

Originally posted by ob:<br /> Did they ask if you had ever stolen anything in your life,ever lied,ever been unfaithful,ever drove over the speed limit,ever cheated on a test,ever drank alcohol when underaged?etc...I mean ,if we want only honorable people serving.
They did ask me if I had ever stolen anything valued over $50, if I had ever been involved in a domestic violence incedent, if my marriage was stable, if I had more than 5 drinks a week, ever been arrested and not convicted, ever done illegal drugs and a bunch of other things that were simple "no" answers. <br /><br />Oh, BTW the only reason I applied for the job was that the unemployment office sent me there. I just happened to ace the written part of the exam so I was the #1 finalist going into the background check. I was kind of glad that I didn't get the job, and so weren't all of my doper friends ;) <br /><br />As for Bush, if smacking a bong once or twice is the worst thing they can get on him during private phone calls, then he is OK in my book.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by gaugeguy:<br />As for Bush, if smacking a bong once or twice is the worst thing they can get on him during private phone calls, then he is OK in my book.
The real issue is that they keep trying this stuff....Throwing excrement against the wall until some of it sticks. These tactics go beyond hatered. It's a vendetta.

Tinkerer

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by KenImpZoom:<br /> <br />Like Tink said, if we only knew half of the stuff about previous presidents, they would not have been voted into office.<br /><br />Ken
There was an interesting TV series here recently called "Altered Statesmen" that looked each week at one national leader from a medical perspective. <br /><br />Probably slanted to prove its case but Reagan certainly was never the same after he got shot and was propped up by his advisers. Quite possibly was suffering from early Alzheimer's while in office. JFK had significant problems with heavy medication for ? Addison's disease. Churchill had serious problems with grog and depression, which has been well known for a long time. Can't remember who else they looked at. <br /><br />The end result was that national leaders often are very different in private to the way they appear in public; the truth is concealed by those around them; and you have to worry about their capacity to discharge their office at times, or whether they're really the ones making the decisions.<br /><br />I'd be more worried about what the truth is now than what it was 20 or 30 years ago, except to the extent that lies about the past indicate a willingness to lie about the present or the future. Still, if politicians had to stop lying they wouldn't have much to say.

johnson-liner

Petty Officer 1st Class

Good for W! It builds character! <br /><br />I sure hope HE inhaled and didn't waste a hit like Billy did....jeez. :rolleyes: Nothing worse than wasting good buds! :D

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

I like someone who's been there done that. That makes them experienced. Probably more than some on this board. It is legal in other countries. Make it legal here and the other countries that grow it will lose their revenue. But wait forget that, there is people dead set on making cigs illegal because of health issues.<br /><br />Dang if you do and dang if you don't, either way people should be able to live their life without the views of others forced upon them.<br /><br />Git over it, live your life..... :D

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

To quote 12Footer:<br />
These tactics go beyond hatered. It's a vendetta.<br />
Yup.. It's a vendetta... Not unlike the vendetta the conservatives had for ol' Billy Boy & Hillary... <br /><br />Remember.. What goes around, comes around.... ;)

Twidget

Commander

The sad part about that is, Bill n Hill werent even moving targets.