Vote on the biggest wars on iboats

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Vote on the biggest wars on iboats

looks like some before me had the same idea while I was lookin for a picture .. <br /><br /> :D

lakelivin

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I've only been on here for 4 or 5 months, so I bet I missed the best ones that got poofed. Since I've been here, although there are definately 'testy' subjects like oil, Bayliner, etc., the only ones I've seen real animosity in are the political based threads.<br /><br />Even the latest religion thread was pretty respectful (at least last I looked). Wonder if people are making an effort to be more tolerant of others opinions, or have some of the more 'disagreeable' members left?

AK_Chappy

Lieutenant

LL,<br />I was taught a long time ago not to discuss religion or politics if I wanted to have a civil discussion. Sometimes though, like NOSLEEP said, a little spice is good. Keeps you from getting into a "my way or no way" mindset. <br />Everyone has an opinion, they are entitled to that. <br />Everyone has the right to express that opinion. <br />Everyone does not have a right to express that opinion while denigrating anyone else.<br />There are some subjects that will get me spun up quicker than you can say "Jumpin Jehosaphat!" but I usually try to keep my emotions in check. Notice I said usually. :) <br /><br />AK Chappy

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander

It's hard to forget the exchange between MY and Doc.

f_inscreenname

Commander

Boy this ain't lookin good. I expected a couple of the recent wars and maybe one from the past but WOW! I never knew there was so many. I need to read more. I am also glad to see I have only been a part of a couple and I am pretty sure I kept it clean. But again "WOW"!

rolmops

Vice Admiral

I just love the little red truck."formerly known as..."

SCO

Lieutenant

It had to be Boats n Guns , the first of the mighty wars. Who was it that started that thread...Trollhole before he got married. It was a pretty good initial story about a friend of his just deciding to shoot a pistol into the water. I think that thread was lost in the computer database maintenance disaster of aught 2. <br /><as snapper wonders what ever became of Olfishingfart, Moose, and Naughtybynature?><br /><br />Also Silverking...he wanted to get Moose Miller...I mean wanted to find him and get him.

Carphunter

Commander

Amen to that Mellow! :) <br /><br />Hey, next year you and I can start razzin on each other as my Cardinals enter the Big East conference with your beloved Orangemen. Maybe we can start a new war. :p <br /><br />(btw, Louisville will kick their butt) :D <br /><br />.......cough.........cough...........Alright, whos smokin! :p

Carphunter

Commander

I'm just gonna say this once........."March Madness". :D

ZooMbr

Petty Officer 1st Class

Haven't been on long; but, I really enjoyed the oil wars - reminded me of my racing days - one hot topic! Religion is another -- with any tpoic: if emotion is involved, no real solution. One's experience, belief or personally held opinions will not be overcome with facts.<br /><br />But it all makes a great read!

woodrat

Ensign

Well, before I discovered the "moral values vs. everyone else" dilemma, I would have thought that "which kind of oil" was the hot ticket. <br /><br />Now I know better... ;)

sangerwaker

Commander

Geez , no one mentioned the ebay Force thingy? I haven't been here long either, but that one did get a little out of hand if I do say so myself!

RedRangerVIP

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Anything , and I mean anything that has to do with oil. I no longer post on the subject. :eek: There is definately others , but that is the one that gets me :eek: :eek:

lakelivin

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Originally posted by Carphunter:<br /> Amen to that Mellow! :) <br />Hey, next year you and I can start razzin on each other as my Cardinals enter the Big East conference with your beloved Orangemen. Maybe we can start a new war. :p <br />(btw, Louisville will kick their butt) :D <br />.......cough.........cough...........Alright, whos smokin! :p
Hey Mellow, although I haven't lived there for over 20 years, I was born & raised in Syracuse. Remember going to Manley Field House and Archibold Stadium for SU games as a kid. Hate to admit it (ages me), but I was at the 'Valentines Day Massacre' back in the early 70's when SU beat St. Johns. That was back when it was a hugh deal just to beat a top 20 team; being a national contender wasn't even on the radar screen! Although I've been living in the heart of ACC country for 17 years, childhood allegiances don't change. Will always be a hugh Orange fan. <br /><br />Carphunter, welcome to the Big East (B.E.) which should attain undisputed recognition as best basketball conference when you all join (having the past two national champs is a pretty strong foundation as it is). I just wish your Cards were in the Big East this football season. They would have brought some credibility to the conference as a legitimite BCS member as it adjusts to the loss of Miami & Va Tech (and notice how the two ex B.E. members immediately went to the top of the ACC?). Woud have been nice to see your Cards get the B.E. BCS slot and a shot at someone like Auburn or Texas.<br /><br />And Carp, if Mellow lives near Syracuse you DON'T want to get into a debate with him about big carp. There's a lake right there that a chemical plant dumped stuff into for decades. Hugh carp, don't know if they still do it, but they used to have carp bow hunting tournaments.

Carphunter

Commander

Hows it goin Lakelivin.<br /><br />The Big East conference was tough already, but with the addition of Louisville, and Cincinnati, it will definitely be the toughest Basketball conference. I can't wait. Everybody makes fun of CUSA, and rightly so, but those days are soon to be over. <br />Louisville sure has a good football team this year, hopefully, now that the coach has committed to staying, they can continue to play at the current level.<br /><br />Now, you wanna talk big Carp. I will try to post some pics of some of the ones myself, and some of my friends have taken while bowfishing. Many well over 30 pounds.

f_inscreenname

Commander

Originally posted by sangerwaker:<br /> Geez , no one mentioned the ebay Force thingy? I haven't been here long either, but that one did get a little out of hand if I do say so myself!
I didn't think we were allowed to talk about that one by law. JB is always watching :D I bet 20 topics and a hundred posts were "poofed" that day. A day I would rather forget. :mad:

Luna Sea

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Maybe I'll cast a vote for this one.....<br /><br />"Why are over 80% of Dock Chatters Republicans"<br /><br /> <br /> :p :p :p

f_inscreenname

Commander

I did that one months ago.http://www.iboats.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=20;t=006077#000000<br />After starting one I knew enough to stay out of the new one.

JasonJ

Rear Admiral

I wasn't refering to Ray as a ,you know, in a bad way. I liked him and I felt like he got lynched for no real reason. I didn't like to see him go. When a person is kicked off, or driven from a medium such as this, that person is not the one who looks bad, it is all the people who precipitated the end result. Anyone who is a part of someone leaving under some of the circumstances I have seen here should be ashamed of themselves. <br /><br />Mellow, if telling people what they don't want to hear makes me a troublemaker, I am soooo guilty :)