vet spitting

12Footer

Fleet Admiral
Re: vet spitting

Originally posted by rodbolt:<br /> my only problem is, its still assult. while I agree with his emotions and disagree with Janes actions in the 60's I cannot condone assult. I mean isnt that what the fight was supposed to be about? isnt that why we are fighting now? for freedom of expression as long as it does not involve physical assult? I hope he is prosecuted to the full extent of the law,whatever the law in that state is. puts a black name on the rest who fought honerably then protested through legal means against actions like Janes. by spitting he stepped over the line. two wrongs dont make a right no matter how strong the emotion.as a vet myself, its a sad day to be affiliated with undisciplined riffraff like that.
Two wrongs don't make a right?<br />How about two pies? I'd have handed him a couple pies,seeing how he was out of ammo! :D <br /><br />LOCK-N-LOAD!

Tinkerer

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by rodbolt:<br /> its funny though the guy spit and ran away :) :)
rodbolt<br /><br />I haven't seen any film of it.<br /><br />Funny how easily little things can change your opinion.<br /><br />I reckon running away is pathetically weak.<br /><br />You want to make a statement, you do it proudly and you stand there and take what's coming.<br /><br />I've gone right off this bloke now.

TilliamWe

Banned

Spitting on her was uncalled for. I would have given her the finger while I made sure someone photographed it. I may have even told her to politely go **** herself.<br />But my real problem with this is... He BOUGHT her book??? That's the LAST thing I would do!

Tinkerer

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by WillyBWright:<br /> Signed copy? ;) <br />I wonder... Publicity stunt? Hmmmmmm. :confused:
Should we be keeping our eyes on eBay?

Scaaty

Vice Admiral

If someone had spit on me, I would have punched their lights out. If the ***** fonda was in Nam when I was, I would have punched her lights out. If I ever see a movie "star" in a war zone, I would punch their lights out. And I REALLY like the comeback of..."She shoulda been hung or shot for treason for her actions.".....<br /> ;) Seems like she is too much of a chicken to go over to Iraq and see what happens. They would chop her head off. I'll take getting spit on over that. Of course I would still punch thier lights out<br /> :D

Kiwi Phil

Commander

If I ever see Hanoi Jane step out on the pedestrian crossing in front of my truck, I an't applying the brakes.<br />I refuse to buy nor read a particular publication.<br />Everybody is allowed to agree/disagree with anything in the society I live in, and that is just fine with me.<br />What she did was not right, and that is probably the one thing i know i will never change my view on.<br />She didn't loose the war for you, nor did our/your media.<br />Believe me, I too have done a 180 on this.<br />B/S lost that war. <br />It should never have happened.<br />The war with the French was one of Independance, the one with USA and Friends was one of reunification.<br />Does this sound familiar to Americans - I know you too had two internal wars for the exact same reasons.<br />Cheers<br />Phillip

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

Kiwi<br /> that war like the korean conflict and our current conflict was not about war like WW1 and 2. was a restricted toy test to combat the supposed horrors of communism, whether real or made up in the minds of the powers that were in place. both korea and veitnam had no real plan but mostly was a toy test. why support a large defense industry if you cant test your toys. the only way to see what your enemy has(russia,china in this case) is to allow close contact and combat. if you dont you have no clue what the other side has. thats why we allowed Cuba and the castro thing to go for 40+ years. even while we were creating, trianing and supplying Al Queda to fight the russians our observers and satillites were carefully studying russian weapons aand tactics. as far as afghanistan went we really did not care. still dont. its just a barren wasteland with no resources. it does however happen to be strategically located for a pipeline to some vast amounts of land locked oil. thats why the russians wanted it and thats why we want it now. but in the 10 years of the russian conflict we observed and learned much how the soviet war machine trained and fought. learned much about soviet air combat. failed to learn much about conflict avoidance. but it was a good way to learn without actually having to fight.<br /> the brief video clip on the helo crash is sicening. however I have learned not to base opinion on a 30 second clip.<br /> as far as terrorists I still ask the question and still get no response on the difference between killing infidels in the name of allah or a "contractor" killing for 20K a month with no controls or oversight past the person handing out the cash. maybe rogerwa or 12footer can explain the difference to me.whats the difference in a terroist traning camp in muhhamed land and a terrorist training camp in moyock NC. one fights for religion and the other for the highest bidder.

62_Kiwi

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I can't feel any sympathy for Hanoi Jane when I think back to the treatment that the vets got as a result of her efforts. <br /><br />"Natural Justice" - sometimes it takes a while...