Tri-Hull Club...Yes? No? Maybe?

Tri-Hull Club...Yes? No? Maybe?

• Total voters

bigdil

Cadet
Re: Tri-Hull Club...Yes? No? Maybe?

Hmmm, thanks for the info. I think I will go with the 6' and see how much it covers and go from there. I don't think it would be too difficult to add to either end if needed, and just custom cut the support as necessary. Thanks dOb.

dil

dustedwatts

Seaman

Nobody?

dil

I have a 1976 17' tri in/out board, Bought an 8' 4 bow from walmart.com... less than 200, the material is very nice, came with a boot, the frame seems to be pretty good, instructions were lacking....my boat however is 76" center (about)...not sure i will be mounting it to the boat probably next week. will post pics when finished... (check out my resto thread.... sort of a redneck resto...not really a resto more of a referbish...)

bigdil

Cadet

Since I bought this boat, I've been very concerned about the trailer tongue weight. I can very easily pick it up and move it around with little effort. After some research, I found the tongue weight of a boat trailer should be 5-7% of the load weight. For me, I estimate the load weight (based off manufacturer specs and my own guesses of gear) to be around 1336 pounds. I was very shocked to find my tongue weight to be 83.6 pounds, 6.245% of the load weight. Just some info for all......

dil

redfury

Commander

FYI, just got a new round of club stickers for anyone interested.

Beeched

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I am interested in the stickers. Send some info on them. Thanks

bigdil

Cadet

Stickers? I'm interested, please post a picture of them. Side note, I purchased the 6' bimini today, should be here in a couple days. I'm looking at using a big umbrella for the bow...has anyone here done that?

Second side note lol, I found out today that my choke solenoid is working fine. For boat Captains with less experience than me (very few), I have to turn the key to the 'On' position, then push the key in further to engage the choke, then turn the key to the 'Start' position.

dil

redfury

Commander

Pictures are earlier in the thread of the stickers, but yes, they are the same ones as the original sticker. I doubled the order from the last ones so I'll have more than enough for those that are interested.

Same as always, $2.50 per sticker. All I ask is that you email me your address and the number of stickers you want. I take paypal or snail mail. If you pay by mail, I cross ship as soon as I get the mailing info.

Beeched

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Just sent a PM, looking to order 2 stickers.

Big Daddy10

Cadet

I would be interested in the stickers. thank you. What do I need to do?

redfury

Commander

Okay, I've already gotten a few requests...finally got a chance to get on here and repost the info.

Paypal is "Redfury111@gmail.com"
So is my main email address.
You can straight up pay through Paypal and I can get the info from the payment..the dollar amount will tell me how many stickers
OR....just email me your address and the number of stickers, I put that in a special folder and when payment has been made through paypal, I send the stickers off to the address you want them sent to. It's easiest for me to make sure I haven't forgotten to send them out to anyone.

IF for any reason you don't get your stickers within 1 week, send me a reminder email and I will let you know if I had gotten them mailed out and they are just a little slow getting there, or if I overlooked getting them sent out. I want to make sure everyone gets what they are paying for in a speedy manner....and don't forget to show off your boats with the stickers on them in the official tri hull club thread!

chiben123

Recruit

before 2011-05-19_16-24-08_196_resized.jpg after 2012-05-20_18-16-50_403.jpg

This is my 1978 VIP tri hull that I am about 90% done restoring (before and after photos), it has a merc 470 motor and out drive, I have replaced the floor, added a 30 gallon fuel tank under the floor , new wiring, steering and gaugaes as well as a custom sundeck, swim deck and redesigned the front seating area.

southkogs

Staff member

before View attachment 149427 after View attachment 149428

This is my 1978 VIP tri hull that I am about 90% done restoring (before and after photos), it has a merc 470 motor and out drive, I have replaced the floor, added a 30 gallon fuel tank under the floor , new wiring, steering and gaugaes as well as a custom sundeck, swim deck and redesigned the front seating area.

Nice job man, that boat looks great!

bigdil

Cadet

before View attachment 149427 after View attachment 149428

Yah, nice, looks brand new!

dil

3-29-10 035.jpgI love tri hulls, just picked up this project and I can't wait to take it out.

bigdil

Cadet

Yah, nice, looks brand new!

dil

I'm very curious how you put the fuel tank under the floor. My floor is stable so I haven't messed with it. Is there a standard floor pattern? I'd really like to extend the range of my boat.

dil

southkogs

Staff member

Got my stickers Red!! I'm in the "in" crowd now ... of course, I need to clean the windows off before I put 'em on :rolleyes:

Thanks!

Beeched

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Make that 3 of, got my stickers today too.

Thanks