Tri-Hull Club...Yes? No? Maybe?

Tri-Hull Club...Yes? No? Maybe?

• Total voters

64osby

Admiral
Re: Tri-Hull Club...Yes? No? Maybe?

I have to rescind my membership in the Tri hull Club. My Hurricane project is going, going,
Hurricanegoinggoinggone6-5-12.jpg

gone.

I have become a Tinny.

The good news is the lucky buyer should soon be in the ranks here at iboats.

1973Chieftain

Lieutenant

I have become a Tinny.

The good news is the lucky buyer should soon be in the ranks here at iboats.

Whew, another complete convert to the non itchy light side of the Force :D Seriously, glassers sure cause one to itch when they are being cut up!

tallcanadian

Captain

Got my stickers today. Thanks again, they are awesome.

chiben123

Recruit

I'm very curious how you put the fuel tank under the floor. My floor is stable so I haven't messed with it. Is there a standard floor pattern? I'd really like to extend the range of my boat.

dil

while I was replacing the floor, I cut out the ski storage and inner 2 stringer, then reenforced the outer stringers and added 2 more bulkheads as well as fiberglassing plywood to the inner bottom or the hull for extra support

chiben123

Recruit

I'm very curious how you put the fuel tank under the floor. My floor is stable so I haven't messed with it. Is there a standard floor pattern? I'd really like to extend the range of my boat.

dil

while I was replacing the floor, I cut out the ski storage and inner 2 stringer, then reenforced the outer stringers and added 2 more bulkheads as well as fiberglassing plywood to the inner bottom or the hull for extra support, and i used a Moeller Marine Below Deck Permanent Fuel Tank (27-Gallon, 49" x 24.5" x 7.88")

BudL1te

Seaman

I guess it would mean that I qualify.

Front.jpg

tallcanadian

Captain

These stickers are awesome.
DSCF1525.jpg

Looking better.
DSCF1524.jpg

Doh! Looks even better.
DSCF1526.jpg

southkogs

Staff member

Tallcanadian, I am green with envy of your front toneau cover. That's made very nicely.

tallcanadian

Captain

Tallcanadian, I am green with envy of your front toneau cover. That's made very nicely.

It is nice. So is the rest of the top. I was very lucky to get it this nice. It's aged but still in very good condition. I've never had one before and I'm thankful I have it now.

southkogs

Staff member

It is nice. So is the rest of the top. I was very lucky to get it this nice. It's aged but still in very good condition. I've never had one before and I'm thankful I have it now.
I used to have full running canvas for my Royal American, and when weather hit it was wonderful to have. We could keep cozy in some fairly inclement stuff.

My new(er) boat didn't come with the canvas. We wouldn't use it much (the Admiral doesn't do foul weather), but it'd be nice to have in my back pocket.

I'd like to join. I just picked up this 1972 Marlin Jupiter... my first boat!

Attachments

• 1972 Marlin pic from CL cropped.jpg
    1972 Marlin pic from CL cropped.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 1

Quick update: The two important repairs my boat needed was a new throttle cable (it was severed near the control unit) and the temp gauge repaired. My mechanic found the cable ($67), and the temp sensor unit ($140). I should have her back late this week. Then I'll post more pics and perhaps my own restore thread (?). -Paul

mcconnell63

Seaman

Hi Guys, I couldn't find the place to start a new thread so I'm starting now. I'm looking at a Tri hull boat that is in the mid to late '70,s but it doesn't have T or T on it. The marine shop in town says he could get me a used one, what would be the best and $ wise way to go. Thanks for your help, Al

tallcanadian

Captain

Hi Guys, I couldn't find the place to start a new thread so I'm starting now. I'm looking at a Tri hull boat that is in the mid to late '70,s but it doesn't have T or T on it. The marine shop in town says he could get me a used one, what would be the best and $ wise way to go. Thanks for your help, Al

Is T and T trim and tilt? Depending on the motor you can get a used one or you can look at getting a CMC power trim unit for around 600 dollars. Then you can put any motor you want on it.

srollin

Seaman Apprentice

Here's my trihull. Pondering on doing a full restore, what do you guys think?

IMG_0708.jpg

From the back
IMG_0711.jpg

Inside (needs a cleanup, I got stuck in mud at some point).

IMG_0723.jpg

southkogs

Staff member

Here's my trihull. Pondering on doing a full restore, what do you guys think?
Interior doesn't look too bad - I wonder if you could do a bunch of clean up, and buff/wet sand the hull?