Those idiots at PETA are at it again

pjc

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Those idiots at PETA are at it again

I eat just about any critter except those that still have the face in place. <br /><br />Smoked Chubs for example....no way........bait. <br /><br />Pig roasts too....I'll eat it, but avoid looking at the face.

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

"In many areas, such as memory, their cognitive powers match or exceed those of 'higher' vertebrates, including non-human primates
Last test I read about a few years back showed that my gold fish has a memory of about 10 seconds. That is why every time he swims from one end of the tank to the other, it is a new experience.

NYMINUTE

Captain

I don't eat red meat, don't like it. Just fish & poultry. My choice, yours to eat it, NOT A COMMITTEE OF WORHTLESS RENEGADES WHO HAVE NEVER ACHIEVED ANYTHING IN THEIR SIMPLE LITTLE LIVES. Good thing for them they were not around when Indians had this land.

Dave Abrahamson

Lieutenant

If God didn't want us to eat cows, he wouldn't have made them out of steak. ;)

spratt

Lieutenant

I am sure PETA would approve of this recipe, after their SUV killed some kind little critter travelling in their lane on the highway:<br /><br />SUV Road Kill Marinade<br /><br /> <br /><br />Chicken, Pork, Seafood<br /> <br /><br />1/2 Cup Fat Free Hidden Valley Roasted Garlic Italian Dressing. (This has sugar in the ingredients.)<br />2 Tablespoons Trappey's Red Devil Cayenne Pepper Sauce<br />1 Tablespoon lemon juice<br />1/2 Teaspoon salt<br /> <br /><br />Marinade thawed meat one hour. Best when grilled or broiled.

oddjob

Commander

Green beans are smarter than say potatoes..right?

ehenry

Commander

Butterbeans have feelins too, ya know ! !

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

I would like to see those PETA idiots get in boats on the Mississippi where those Asian Carp are. After they get hit in the head a couple of times with the fish jumping out of the water, they just might feel the pain.<br /><br />They need to get a life. Think supper will be fish tonight. All this talk has made me hungry.... :D

RetNav

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I was just thinking about PETA's position about fish. <br />.<br /> I have decided to go along with them. <br />.<br /> They claim fish are intelligent, so they should start a training program to teach the fish not to bite. When they (PETA) has been successful in teaching the fish not to bite then I will stop catching and eating fish.

NOSLEEP

Commander

We have dominion over all animals.<br />PETA just doesn't like it. I suspect there ranks<br />are filled with atheists, homosexuals,& far left<br />liberals. Stick that in you're pipe and smoke it!

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

The following is a real event;<br />It was January, 1999, and me and my bro were fishing . We had a favorite spot, which was approx 150FT from a bridge,where we would anchor. There were quite a few fishermen on the catwalk and on the headwalls (10-15, best I can remember). Anyhow, we were enjoying it, when we hear a commotion . A bunch of people chanting something about "fish die, we cry", or some such rot.As they approached we could see what appeared to be a person in a costume of a green fish! There were about 10-12 other people in back of "Fishman", all carrying signs like "fish have feeling too" and "stop heartless fishermen" and such...Fishman was quite animated, dancing, and jumping,and motioning as if he was in pain and crying. It was a truely SURREAL site unfolding. As they got on the bridge, stopping traffic ,horns blairing, people screaming, fishermen cussing-- my brother, a usually quiet, soft-spoken guy, undid his trousers, and "MOONED" the group. The crowd on the bridge errupted in laughter..Well, what could I do? I mooned them too. Then, all the fishermen on the bridge did the same.<br /> Fishman and his silly enterage turned-around, and walked-off to the side they approached from. I couild no longer see them, but heard one of the guys on the bridge say, "that guy is on a cellphone." Another said, "I'll bet the dweeb is calling the sherriff's dept."<br />Then, one sugjested we all deny we "mooned" this group of strange folk. We all seemed to agree. Sure enough, the sherriff showed-up, asked what was going on, and somebody said, "nuthin". Fishman was behind the officer "saying they were ALL doing it! Can't you arrest them?"<br />The cop asked, and we unamimouslly denied mooning the fish. Then my brother yells out.."Hey do they have a permit to do that?"<br />The officer turned-around nodding his head and laughing. Apparently, they did not, and the cop told them to disperse, or be arested. They disperesed...WIMPS!

clanton

Rear Admiral

12Footer, like the signature line.

b20

Petty Officer 3rd Class

do these pathetic people (PETA) think they are actually going to change peoples minds?

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by Dave Abrahamson:<br /> If God didn't want us to eat cows, he wouldn't have made them out of steak. ;)
They don't believe in God, Dave. THEY are the new, self proclaimed divinity.

NOSLEEP

Commander

And If he didn't want use to be happy.<br />He wouldn't of gave us beer. :p

62_Kiwi

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Someone remind me to NEVER go fishing with a PETA person... SHEEEZ! :rolleyes:

LubeDude

Admiral

“Feeling “ pain has nothing to do with being warm or cold blooded. All <br />vertebrates have the same basic format to their nervous system that <br />includes a sensory part that receives information from receptors out in the <br />periphery of the body including the skin. When a ‘painful’ stimulus is <br />detected, the information is sent to the central nervous system. When this <br />information reaches the central nervous system, several reflex responses <br />are initiated in all vertebrates. The body part that has received the <br />‘painful’ stimulus is moved in such a way that it gets farther away from <br />the source of the stimulus. This is exactly what happens when you step on <br />a nail. At the same time, the heart rate increases and the breathing (in <br />fish, gill movements) rate increases. In animals that can produce sound, a <br />vocal response is also initiated (we say ouch). This probably serves to <br />inform neighboring members of the same species that a ‘painful’ stimulus is <br />present in the area. All of these responses are initiated without any <br />conscious awareness or effort on the part of the animal. However, the <br />semantic argument says that these are not indicative of the animal having <br />“felt” the pain. “Feeling” involves processing by the cerebral cortex that <br />allows the animal to make conscious decisions concerning what to do about <br />the ‘painful’ stimulus. In this respect fish do not “feel” pain because <br />they do not have the cortex necessary to process the information. So, from <br />the semantic perspective fish reflexly respond to pain the same way all <br />vertebrates do, however, they do not “feel” the pain the way we do.

datawire

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Deep down, I always knew those folks were alien...<br /><br />Quote: said Bruce Friedrich, PETA's director of vegan outreach<br /><br />That answers the question - they're all from Vega.<br /><br />Didn't Jodi Foster go there in "Contact"? :p

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

:D Vega was a car with a plastic motor, wasn't it? Maybee they traded thier Yugo in on one? :D :D <br />I think a "Vegan outreach" are those two little hooks on the front bumper of the car to tow it with.

datawire

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Originally posted by 12Footer:<br /> :D Vega was a car with a plastic motor, wasn't it? Maybee they traded thier Yugo in on one? :D :D <br />I think a "Vegan outreach" are those two little hooks on the front bumper of the car to tow it with.
Careful 12Footer - cars have feelings too.