This is why I dont like the ACLU

D

DJ

Re: This is why I dont like the ACLU

There are really two different subject lines going here.<br /><br />1. Creationism as a science, in a science course environment.<br /><br />2. Fatih based principles and the affect on society and its fundamentals, in a social studies course environment.<br /><br />Let's look at number one.<br /><br /> In a purely science discusion, Creationism<br />does have a place. It is a theory that many believe and it cannot be disproved. Or, at least it is up for a serious debate.<br />Evolution cannot be proven either, there are to many holes in the THEORY. And that is what evolution is, a theory, just like Creationism. Again, serious debate.<br /><br />Now, number two.<br /><br /> In a social studies environment, religion/faith, whatever you want to call it, has had a marked impact on the founding and growth of the US society. To deny that is purely misleading.<br /><br />Excluding one theory/effect (science v social studies) is similar to taking some of the numbers out of a math equation and expecting the same answer. <br /><br />Do I want want one taught over the other-NO.<br /><br />As a teacher, I would find it my job to present what we know are facts and ask students to THINK and do research to broaden their understandings of each principle/theory. These theories/principles/beliefs CAN be taught objectively with NO agenda attached.<br /><br />As long as society/mankind cannot come up with a proof positive claim, either way, how could we expect a student to come up with one?<br /><br />Both social studies and science are full of theories and princples. Both are taught to excersize the mind and discover facts. Social studies also relies heavily on history.<br /><br />As I see it, the social studies route is being diluted by revisionist history and the exclusionism of principles that played a role in societal evolution.