STARCRAFT OWNERS Check in

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner
Re: STARCRAFT OWNERS Check in

Congrats! Sounds like a great project.

bryan65

Seaman

My Father gave me a 1981 Starcraft SS 161, which I am in the process of renovating, Will add some pics as soon as I figure out how. Glad I found this place.

bryan65

Seaman

Here are some picks. I already have most of it gutted and am just starting to put floor back in :)

Boat4.jpgBoat 1.jpgBoat2.jpgBoat6.jpgBoat9.jpg

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

bryan65

Seaman

Read up on the starcraft restorations and start a restoration thread that will be yours.

Read item 9 and more if you are so inclined but #9 is important http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=288451

Thanks, I already found one mistake. I purchased PT wood for the floor I will have to eat. and purchase the right type. Thank God I found this site, Will help immensly!!

Doc Johnson

Cadet

Bought a old glass Starcraft over the phone. 100 hp merc. Boat had tree growing in it and wires were shot. Paid a whole 50 bucks. Just getting into putting her back in shape. Not sure what model on that some of the starcraft emblem was on still. Got registered and came up 1969.

Doc Johnson

Cadet

Did get motor rewired and she started right up. Working on trailer, bearings, lights, and such. Winter on way so not sure if I can see how she floats.

currint

Recruit

I just started my second Starcraft Resto.......my first was a 1959 14' (the jumbo model) open 3 wooden seats.......now working on a 1964 16' which I believe is a Starmist.......I use Fiberglassics boat library to get info......Aluminum is the Best hull material!

hi, i just bought a starcraft boat which i think is a 1964 14 ft seafarer , i found some specs that match mine but i cant find the max hp that i can use because the identification and specs plate is missing. can anyone help me and also can you let me know if i could get a replacment plaque or find a serial number for boat, thanks.

Joeshow

Petty Officer 3rd Class

excellent thread! i picked this 1975 FG American 16' w/ 1980 Mercury115 up the summer of 1012...

boatntrailer new - Copy (640x480).jpgboatatdock (640x480).jpgbarefloor (640x480).jpg

She was a blast, lotsa fun!! now i'm in the process of rebuilding the stringers, transom and deck lol she was solid but wouldn't have been for long!!

Attachments

• Copy of IMG_0904.jpg
    Copy of IMG_0904.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 0

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

That little American is flyen! What? Mach 5?:rockon:

currint

Recruit

hi, i just bought a starcraft boat which i think is a 1964 14 ft seafarer , i found some specs that match mine but i cant find the max hp that i can use because the identification and specs plate is missing. can anyone help me and also can you let me know if i could get a replacment plaque or find a serial number for boat, thanks.

Hello MH, Currint here, I'm on my second Starcraft Rehab......have you looked at the chart on fiberglassics.com, library,starcraft under aluminum, go to 1964 specs page......I have a 1959 deluxe 14 runabout, and am currently doing a 1964 Seamist 16........ Great Boats! Good Luck!

starmate

Seaman Apprentice

This is my first post and I'm a newby. Go easy.
I need info on what this boat is. Im told it is a 1968 Starcraft 18' and I can't find a hull #.
I will try to attach a picture, but Im just learning this site.

If you could lead me to proper place to start this thread, much appreciated.
The wood floor of boat is trashed and transom is so-so, but I want to restore it.
Richy

Attachments

• Starmate1.jpg
    Starmate1.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 0

starmate

Seaman Apprentice

Trying to add pics, sorry if repost

Attachments

• Transom.jpg
    Transom.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Rear2.jpg
    Rear2.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 0

Joeshow

Petty Officer 3rd Class

That little American is flyen! What? Mach 5?:rockon:

lol thinking its around mach 3.... aiming for mach 5 this summer after the rebuild (stringer, transom n deck).. raise motor 1", maybe 3/4 and go from 19P to 21P on the prop!! she used to max out at 43mph on the handheld Giggity

Joeshow

Petty Officer 3rd Class

This is my first post and I'm a newby. Go easy.
I need info on what this boat is. Im told it is a 1968 Starcraft 18' and I can't find a hull #.
I will try to attach a picture, but Im just learning this site.

If you could lead me to proper place to start this thread, much appreciated.
The wood floor of boat is trashed and transom is so-so, but I want to restore it.
Richy

Hi, nice tinny project!!! welcome to iboats!! youre in the right place and in good hands here! :) lots of knowlege on the site... good luck on your build! someone will chime in and know what model your boat is

starmate

Seaman Apprentice

Floors and seats are in really bad shape. Hull seems solid, but Im wondering what is under floors?
Any hard to replace structural wood or just aluminum?
Transom may need work. Wood seems solid but paint is peeling.

Attachments

• Transom.jpg
    Transom.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 0

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Floors and seats are in really bad shape. Hull seems solid, but Im wondering what is under floors?
Any hard to replace structural wood or just aluminum?
Transom may need work. Wood seems solid but paint is peeling.

Howdy!!

Yup, yur looking at a gut and rebuild job eh.

Just post up a new thread in the Boat Build section and we'll help ya out!

Boat Restoration, Building, and Hull Repair

currint

Recruit

Hey 'Starmate', I too am new at this.......I have to figure out how to post pix! I am doing my second Starcraft rehab....the first was an open boat with only the hull as a floor.......I now am doing a '64 Starmist.....the floors were good enough to do a lay over of new plywood......my mentors suggested Douglass fir plywood, and I put waterproof treatment on it....and soon I will be installing marine carpet.....we removed the old transom, layed up plywood, cut it to fit and coated it with clear fiberglass resin......then painted the part that shows....are you doing the work yourself?

starmate

Seaman Apprentice

Hey 'Starmate', I too am new at this.......I have to figure out how to post pix! I am doing my second Starcraft rehab....the first was an open boat with only the hull as a floor.......I now am doing a '64 Starmist.....the floors were good enough to do a lay over of new plywood......my mentors suggested Douglass fir plywood, and I put waterproof treatment on it....and soon I will be installing marine carpet.....we removed the old transom, layed up plywood, cut it to fit and coated it with clear fiberglass resin......then painted the part that shows....are you doing the work yourself?

Let's move this to the thread I started "1968 STARCRAFT or ?" in this section. I do plan to do my own work.
To post pictures during your reply you need to go to the "Go Advanced " tab bottom right corner.
Then scroll down to "Manage Attachments" I think you will figure it out from there.