Starcraft on C-list/ebay!

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner
Re: Starcraft on clist!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

It's 100 bux OR BEST OFFER!!!!!

Go Michael, go!!!!!!! Leave now and ride like the wind!!!

MichaelP

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I can't concentrate on work:eek::eek:. I'm a mess right now. The F-150 has a steering issue and going in the shop tomorrow. Otherwise I'd be hitting the road. Meetings Friday so it will have to be Saturday. That chieftain just needs a coat of paint. That means my paint stripping would be DONE!
Best of all the wifey is on board. Maybe she's tired of hearing the grinder.:facepalm:

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Holy moly!

Starcraft boats on sale for less than a tank of gas AND the wife is game???

I think that's more rare than Sasquatch sightings!:D

KellyC

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Aaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrggggggggg, man go get it even if you have to borrow, beg or steal a tow rig. If I was anywhere near there I would help ya out. We would go get both of em one way or another. But I think that Maine is just a little to far for a road trip for this PNW person.:( Man I wish a deal like that Holiday would come around here, but then it would probably be gone before I even saw the add.

MichaelP

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Seriously thinking about getting them both. I could flip that hoilday pretty fast in So. Maine but the trailer wont make a 4 hour trip. I could use the 74 chieftain trailer tho. I'll have almost $100 in gas invested. Looks like I have first dibbs on both at the moment. Great guy!

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Them some crazy deals! An outboard Starchief like that in cherry condition is a rare find. (that trailer is a nightmare though, same one that's under my buddy's 21' Chieftain).

MichaelP

Lieutenant Junior Grade

OK..The Holiday is being taken by a neighbor of his and thats fine with me. Its a 4 hour trip 1 way so 1 will be enough.
I have till tomorrow noon EST to decide. He sent a bunch of pics so I have a good idea of what I'm looking at. I tried to post pics on a new thread but kept on getting an error. Just have to weigh the pros and cons and like some of your thoughts. 74 is current resto 75 is potential.
74 - Paint needs to be stripped and its going very slow and will cost to finish (15% done)
75 - Almost ready for paint
74 - transom needs big patch but prep is done for new wood
75 - many big holes to fill in transom and splash well may not be easily fixed
75 - New bow pads
75 - snap-to-the windshield canopy with clear curtains - well used
75 - new PT floor and carpet (needs to come out)
74 - ready for new foam and floor
75 - gluvit applied to inside of rivits

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

I guess my quick thought is that you already have the 74 on property. The 75 is an 8 hour round trip on unknown trailer. 75 is $900ish while the 74 is free. I'd doubt you could sell the 74 in it's current condition to make up the $900 difference (plus gas, plus a day on the road).

I'd say it's a purdy close call but I'd say stick with what you have, eh?

KellyC

I think that I am going to have to agree with ^^^^^^^^^^ these guys.

tgp***

......$100? thats like free.

MichaelP

Lieutenant Junior Grade

The 74 is what I've been working on and there is no way I can sell it in it's current state. Here is how the deal would have to go down. Get the 75 for around $700 or less but the trailer would have to be made road worthy first then sell it later for say $450. Recycle the 74 hull to make back the balance (its almost ready for this). He also has new Cabelas seats that I'd want then the canopy and cushions are free for my efforts. Bro inlaw lives 1 1/2 hr away. If I can limp it to his place we'll be good to go. The 75 hull will save me lots of time paint prepping and is a huge consideration. Paint color delema gets solved too. Blue. Altho there are positives to this I may take your advice anyway cuz this whole deal is a PITA and I'm taking a risk on the hull and trailer. 4 hr ride just to look at it may be in order but then I have $100 in gas invested. I'm thinking of offering $500 and be willing to walk away or give him a week to see if he gets any takers. This boat is for someone thats ready to do alot of work or a dreamer so I think its a tough sell.

TGP- The Holiday was going for $100, trailer is junk.

Thanks guys...Clock is ticking...More thoughts?

MichaelP

Lieutenant Junior Grade

[url said:
http://maine.craigslist.org/boa/2412038894.html[/url]

This gentleman was good enough to send a bunch more pics. If you want to see them PM with your em addy and I'll forward.
Mike

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

More thoughts?

If it was closer to ya I'd say go take a look so you can feel good about the decision. But, being so far away, I'd still lean hard towards sticking with what you have. Sounds like a real pain and you always roll the dice on moving old rigs those kinds of distances, ya know (tires, bearings).

I'd say go for it if you didn't already have one on hand though.

Pugetsound

Lieutenant Commander

Admiral - Jas . you be chief hancho pretty soon . LOl Ed pugetsound

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Admiral - Jas . you be chief hancho pretty soon . LOl Ed pugetsound

Ed - when I get to be chief, is it cool if I borrow your head dress to wear around the Starcraft clubhouse?