Starcraft on C-list/ebay!

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1967 Starchief

She is a sweet rig, I do hope somebody grabs it!

Starman8

Chief Petty Officer

Here is a beauty if you'd rather make payments...

http://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/boa/2210107182.html

Just a note on the newer SFM ride.

I have been on this model several times on Erie. The owner/Capt. is a 60 year veteran of handling Lake Erie, so he knows how to drive a boat.

This hull design, much deeper than our older models, and much wider also, is not the greatest ride, even in only 2-3 foot waves. Lots of porpoise-ing, shimmy, and pounding.

The seats they use, Centric style are tough on the back and butt, and you have to hang on tight to not get thrown off them sideways.

The model is attractive and very fishable, but for $35K, not worth it. I rather have a cheap tinny.

If Lake Erie was my only boating/fishing destination, I would find me an old glass GW Gulfstream type boat.

Pugetsound

Lieutenant Commander

What more could you possibly ask for ,if it is useable .good running condition. BIG WATER BOAT

crackedglass

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Haha, that's reelfishin's boat. I'd love to have that one too. If I had some space (and wasn't married) I'd be all over that one also.

I looked at this boat last week too. For a guy that has a motor and is looking for a quick boat to use this season, that thing just needs a motor hung and a pair of new seats. The floor wasn't perfect but its not like your falling through it and it's all original. It's also got some pretty cool seat boxes that house the fuel tanks and add a bit of storage.
I'm not sure how to decribe it but it's not mint, but has that cool old boat feel if you know what I mean. The hull looks super, no loose rivets, no dents, no stupid modifications done. It had a head in the cabin but it's been removed and pipes bypassed, so you could put one right back in pretty easily, and it needs paint. The old paint is peeling off. It looks like paint would come off pretty easy with almost no sanding. It was repainted a long time ago and that paint isn't very well adhered to the aluminum. Where the paint came off, it's shiny aluminum underneath.

I went to look at it to get ideas for mine, I let the seller know that from the beginning though. I'd love to have a second one but I just don't have the room. The price is certainly right. (He's got it listed for $1500, but will sell the boat separate from the trailer too. The trailer is older, maybe mid 80's but in super condition with almost new tires, new taillights and a huge two speed strap winch.
I wish mine was on that trailer, its probably a cinch to load.
I can understand why he's selling it, in NJ you can't run a gas engine in most freshwater and the few where you can your limited to 10hp, so that boat is pretty much restricted to big water, where you most likely would want a much larger boat. If you lived near a river or on a big lake where you can run a gas engine, that would be perfect. Best of all it's an outboard model.
I told him I'd buy the trailer if he sells the boat, it would be a dead on match for my boat.

MichaelP

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Is the strange feeling anxietey over potentially buying an OMC I/O?

I know that feeling.:facepalm:

Sounds like a nice rig, need photos.:D

Got to pass as Jas says. No trailer...Besides, its probably been in the Atlantic all its life. I have my hands full with my 2 tinnies. This thread needs pics. Here is what I see when I look out my back door. 18 Chieftain on Left, 16 SS on right. I keep teling myself it won't be long before I get started on the 18'. I still haven't figured out how to manage my time between the resto or fishing on the SS. Good problem to have I guess:rolleyes:

Attachments

• DSCF2236-x.JPG
    DSCF2236-x.JPG
    146 KB · Views: 0

blackberg

Seaman
Re: Starcraft on clist!

that 22footer would be perfect for me, just way to far away :(

there was 16ft today out here for $300 that I missed out on, but I really want a 18+ footer

-bb

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

I LOVE that little 14' for $300. If it were near me I'd be tempted to pick that one up for the fun of it.