Starcraft on C-list/ebay!

jbcurt00

Staff member
Re: Starcraft on C-list/ebay!

Those ads are all @ the Great Lakes, people shopping for large SC's to fish the Great Lakes, likely know that they are V5 hulls. And in a given year, I don't think there was a 22' Islander offered in both V5 & non-V5 hulls. So the year & model dictate the hull, I think that's 1 of the points in North Beach's thread: Jupiter didn't get the V5 hull until 19XX, 1 year later then the other large boat: the Holiday, the Islander, Chieftan, Starchief (maybe, I don't remember)....

Or like many vintage glass boat owners, the current owners don't know a whole lot about their boats:facepalm: Except whether it floats &/or runs. Sometimes 1 or the other, sometimes neither....

EDIT:
No Jupiter V5?:confused: I'm pretty sure I've seen 1 described that way, & for sale. Perhaps it was ID'd incorrectly. There was only 1 pix & it was a side profile:
2885790271u_1x424x360f1326433034.jpg

It seems the ad was incorrect, it's hard to tell, but it certainly doesn't seem to have 'any' Vee to the stern, so it probably is flat, or at least not V5....

Last edited:

jbcurt00

Staff member

on another note....does anyone else not like the way that Search all craigslist works these days??? I used to love it...now the first page or two is all Ooddles search....or something like that....and it list the same ads over and over....it totally ruined "search all craigslist" anyone know of another search engine that doesnt use the oodles of noodles cra....stuff
bob

I use adhuntr

You can choose to search all of craigslist, evilbay, oodle, etc but limited selection as to how big a region you want to search, may not have price range selection either..... So it has drawbacks too.....

InMotion

Commander

Jupiter didn't get the V5 hull until 19XX, 1 year later then the other large boat:

1966 I believe --- could be + or - a year. Once they went from lapstrake hull jupiter, SC switched from a semi V --- or what most would call a flat bottom to a deaper V. 1968 and on, SC had the non lapstrake hull --- it's just there was a cut off point somewhere around 65 or 66. Another "tell" is that there were handles at the back of the earlier Jupiters vs tow rings.

IM

djpeters

Lieutenant Commander

The V-5 hull was introduced in 1978. It was availiable on 18' & 22' SuperSports, 14', 18' & 22' Holidays, & on 22' Islanders. In 1980 they stopped calling them V-5's but the hull continued on. They never made a 16' V-5 in anything. If you study the brochures and models availiable in a given year you can see what was availiable and when. The 1978 brochure has an explanation of the V-5 hull.

jbcurt00

Staff member

Nice rig DII.

With great sadness & regret that I am unable to act on this, so I'll post this closed bow (Holiday?) nearly free SC :(:

18 ft Aluminum V Hull Older Ski Boat and Trailer - $400 (Monroe, OH)

Aluminum V hull is in nice condition. Interior needs to be redone. Outboard Motor. Does not run. No title. Includes trailer. Has been repaired. Good repair job done. $400 or best offer. Call Larry at 859-250-XXXX for more info. I have another boat on Craigslist. I will do $500 for both.

5Gf5Md5J73I73F63J7ca8accf2dfd9c531df2.jpg

5L25T35M73Gb3I13H3ca85613e931b6c81cf5.jpg

Carp, if I couldn't marry rich the 1st time, couldn't I at least have married into a family that had a pole barn? Carp carp carp, haven't splashed rig 1 yet, and having some viable long term employment concerns, so although it's definitely of interest, it absolutely, positively HAS to be NO! Might have to put a post-it on my laptop screen:

NO NO NO NO!!! You like sleeping IN the house:redface:

But carp $400.... And I have a line on a parts motor from a 'donor' boat even cheaper (w/ title & on a great-shape titled trailer) & the 115Merc already in the garage.....

Can't hurt to just call, right? Just to confirm if it's still for sale or not, right? Just so I can in good consciousness post it as a for sale SC here, right? Carp carp carp :mad:

Is it still flipping if you buy the end boat BEFORE the 'to be flipped' boat? Yeah, I know, I'm talking myself into a whole heap of trouble....

Again, for good measure:
NO NO NO NO!!! You like sleeping IN the house

bob johnson

Rear Admiral

http://rochester.craigslist.org/boa/3198748292.html

21' Mariner $500. Never seen front glass on one of these.

that was one of two i was considering looking at...because it had a trailer i could get it home with...

but luckily i didnt act, because i found the 22 ft islander on a trailer for free 1/2 mile from my house!!

the other boat went to the scrap yard and they got $350 for it..it was in NJ....21 ft mariner as well......

bob

64osby

Admiral

^^^ Bob, Free is great, but $500 for that ain't to shabby either.