Starcraft on C-list/ebay!

Bwana Don

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Starcraft on C-list/ebay!

Smoking crack rock and pricing boats is a terrible combination.

After an extensive round of applying Gluvit to the Sea Scamp I figured it was now worth, $1,000/foot. $12,00 for a nearly finished 12 foot rowboat, yep that's about right. A little fresh air straightened me up though.

JD in Milwaukee

Petty Officer 1st Class

I'd consider this a much better deal than the 17k Islander. I know the motors crap but you can get a v6 or v8 relatively cheap. Certainly much cheaper than the difference between 17k and 4.9k. Plus he has some very nice extras included. Have you seen the price of electric down riggers??? They're crazy!
There's another near your backyard with the dreaded 470.:D
http://grandrapids.craigslist.org/boa/3237843845.html

Bwana Don

Lieutenant Commander

I'd consider this a much better deal than the 17k Islander. I know the motors crap but you can get a v6 or v8 relatively cheap. Certainly much cheaper than the difference between 17k and 4.9k. Plus he has some very nice extras included. Have you seen the price of electric down riggers??? They're crazy!

As long as the 470 doesn't get hot you'll be ok. I'd run it and keep a loose eye for a 305.

64osby

Admiral

I like the look of this one. Maybe a side console Mariner

http://swmi.craigslist.org/boa/3237644094.html

5L15Ed5Hd3Ec3Gf3Nac8t86eb48606fe0106d.jpg

A Redone 22' Chieftain for $1800 No pics. This possibly would be closer to a deal of a life time.

http://swmi.craigslist.org/boa/3273390024.html

knezzer

Petty Officer 1st Class

http://winnipeg.kijiji.ca/c-cars-ve...der-trailer-trolling-motor-W0QQAdIdZ405223948
$2500 Nice Looking boat.
"Own a classic Starcraft Jupiter V 17 ft. boat with a 55 hp Johnson outboard motor. The 55 hp Johnson has recently been serviced by Avo Marine on Ferry Rd. Boat comes with Easyloader trailer; 6 hp Evinrude trolling motor; three 5 gallon gas tanks; trailer dolley; ski bob; bumpers; cushions; ropes; etc... "

Last edited:

bob johnson

Rear Admiral

drunk guys have a hard enough time finding the line much less walk it!! ha ha ha ha

I have a starcraft, I am getting another, but i only want one starcraft....( this is were the winky symbol goes!)

on another note....does anyone else not like the way that Search all craigslist works these days??? I used to love it...now the first page or two is all Ooddles search....or something like that....and it list the same ads over and over....it totally ruined "search all craigslist"

anyone know of another search engine that doesnt use the oodles of noodles cra....stuff

bob

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Careful, Bob. It sounds like you're selling in the forum. A big no-no. A mod might be talking at ya.

bob johnson

Rear Admiral

Careful, Bob. It sounds like you're selling in the forum. A big no-no. A mod might be talking at ya.

wow, i bought it here after finding another member unloading it...

what do guys do, put it on craigslist and then link that add in a post here...then they arent specifically selling it here??

maybe ill have to edit a little

bob

jbing81

Chief Petty Officer

Bob, we walk a fine line with this thread. Its for reference and conversation purposes only. Its not a classified.

tgp***

Senior Chief Petty Officer

bob johnson

Rear Admiral

since I found my 22 ft islander, i have been searching for inboards to see what they have in for power.. and I came across no less than 3 maybe 4 V5 hulled boats.....and I dont think anyone of those ads mentioned that feature in their selling points.

is the V5 hull JUST and extra keel runner( or what ever that feature is called) or is it another shape or dead rise? or what?

bob

jbcurt00

Staff member

Older flat across the bottom at the transom Jupiter (non-V5 hull):
DSCF1932.JPG

May not be a V5, but this shows the more V shape of the stern a V5 would have:
attachment.php

Tends to be deeper, for big water, cuts the waves very well, being deeper, it has more laplines &/or strakes

North Beach has a thread started that details some of the differences @ the SC forum somewhere....

EDIT: North Beach's Solving the Yr/Model Mystery thread

As DJ points out in a few posts, I wasn't wholly accurate, but generally, maybe sorta. My point was really that there was a change, and some of the benefits of the V5. Not for reference for ID'ing model &/or year

Last edited: