Starcraft on C-list/ebay!

sutor623

Rear Admiral
Re: Starcraft on clist!

No idea how this price compares, but I present to you:

(Ta ta ta ta ta ta da!)

http://albany.craigslist.org/boa/3033509067.html

Starcraft aluminum open bow - $2100 (Scotia)
Date: 2012-05-23, 2:01PM EDT

1984 Starcraft bowrider (walk thru windshield) with running 1984 88hp SPL Evinrude with electric tilt.
Interior is in OK used condition, and the fold out lounge seats are faded. Main floor and transom appear solid: the family I got it from told me the floor had been redone about 5 years before I got it. I recently noted a small area in front that was soft --- roughly about 2 by 3 inchs of the 18 by 30 inch front floor. Can be used as is.
Hull looks to be in very good condition.
Had it serviced, then week later I launched and ran it in Mohawk River--- it ran fine. Took it agin for few hours, it again ran well, dog loved it, (even caught one small bass !)
Has decent heavy duty ShoreLandr trailer . Tows well with my 4-cylinder car
Selling for $2100...with bill of sale, as is.
Call if you want info or to see. Can show it eves with few hours notice.

No way in HELL I'd let that thing go for $2100. Maybe its because I love Starrie's, but that thing would HAUL with the 88 on it!

lakelover

Rear Admiral

No way in HELL I'd let that thing go for $2100. Maybe its because I love Starrie's, but that thing would HAUL with the 88 on it!

It seemed high to me, but I don't follow the prices too much. I'm trying to reform from MBS by stopping at 3.:D

barato2

Commander

price is defnitely high given that it doesn't come with a title...

Davem3

Chief Petty Officer

No idea how this price compares, but I present to you:

(Ta ta ta ta ta ta da!)

http://albany.craigslist.org/boa/3033509067.html

Starcraft aluminum open bow - $2100 (Scotia)
Date: 2012-05-23, 2:01PM EDT

1984 Starcraft bowrider (walk thru windshield) with running 1984 88hp SPL Evinrude with electric tilt.
Interior is in OK used condition, and the fold out lounge seats are faded. Main floor and transom appear solid: the family I got it from told me the floor had been redone about 5 years before I got it. I recently noted a small area in front that was soft --- roughly about 2 by 3 inchs of the 18 by 30 inch front floor. Can be used as is.
Hull looks to be in very good condition.
Had it serviced, then week later I launched and ran it in Mohawk River--- it ran fine. Took it agin for few hours, it again ran well, dog loved it, (even caught one small bass !)
Has decent heavy duty ShoreLandr trailer . Tows well with my 4-cylinder car
Selling for $2100...with bill of sale, as is.
Call if you want info or to see. Can show it eves with few hours notice.

IF he can do a title, i will HAVE to have that , long weekend here................ ROAD TRIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sutor623

Rear Admiral
Re: Starcraft on C-list/ebay!

It will go exactly 40MPH ;)

Exactly! Which, trust me, is waaaayyyy too fast for that boat. Being an '86 160 owner, 32 is even hard to do. Unless the water is COMPLETE glass!

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Exactly! Which, trust me, is waaaayyyy too fast for that boat. Being an '86 160 owner, 32 is even hard to do. Unless the water is COMPLETE glass!

I couldn't quite tell and was thinking the one being discussed was an 18' which is that I have and run that motor. Certainly not too fast and mine's rated for 150.

sutor623

Rear Admiral

I couldn't quite tell and was thinking the one being discussed was an 18' which is that I have and run that motor. Certainly not too fast and mine's rated for 150.

Gotcha. Yea when I am by myself on the 160 I can max it out in chop, but that is standing up. :D My wife doesnt like to go over 15MPH on it in any sort of waves. :(

chuckndiscs

Petty Officer 1st Class

Gotcha. Yea when I am by myself on the 160 I can max it out in chop, but that is standing up. :D My wife doesnt like to go over 15MPH on it in any sort of waves. :(

A simple, small adjustment to the speedo (say 3 mph = 1 mph registered on the speedo) and BOOM, 15 mph honey!

:D

sutor623

Rear Admiral

A simple, small adjustment to the speedo (say 3 mph = 1 mph registered on the speedo) and BOOM, 15 mph honey!

:D

Yeah well the problem with that is when it is choppy out those old aluminum starcrafts become basically worthless. If it hurts, she tells me to slow down. :) Went out with her when a storm front was moving in all day, on Sunday. Don't think I'll be taking her on those days anymore. :D

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

With my 16', if the leaves were moving on the trees at my house, I generally stayed off the lake. A little better with the 18' but I still tend to avoid choppy days.

barato2

Commander

slow morning so i'm idly trolling the PHX CL.....a 21' Chieftain, partially pre-demo'd, for 650 or 1000 w/trlr
http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/boa/3031330835.html

18' CC for 2500 OBO in Glendale AZ
http://phoenix.craigslist.org/wvl/boa/2959873010.html
looks to be a roll-yer-own conversion of an SS rather than an original Mariner...deeper hull, and not sure thay made any I/O Mariners. would love to see better pix of the funky console and T-top. doesn't look like a bad buy.

sutor623

Rear Admiral

With my 16', if the leaves were moving on the trees at my house, I generally stayed off the lake.

Yeah, unfortunately for me a 16'er is all that I have. :( That's what you get when you are too cheap to buy a real tow vehicle and/or pay the gas to run a deep-V fiberglass boat. But hey I'm 27 so it's not like I have a lot of play-dough right now. Plus I actually work for a chiropractor, so if I mess up my back on the water.........

1973Chieftain

Lieutenant

With my 16', if the leaves were moving on the trees at my house, I generally stayed off the lake. A little better with the 18' but I still tend to avoid choppy days.

Im thinking those are wise words... took my Jet out on Lake Huron with 10mph breeze... depending on how I hit the waves it was like a drum banging away! Rather jarring...

sutor623

Rear Admiral

Im thinking those are wise words... took my Jet out on Lake Huron with 10mph breeze... depending on how I hit the waves it was like a drum banging away! Rather jarring...

Yeah it makes you wonder how that general design stuck around for as long as it did....... If you have to be cautious with 10MPH gusts then why even give it a gas motor option? :)