Starcraft on C-list/ebay!

barato2

Commander
Re: Starcraft on clist!

the lectroshift OMCs suffered from a basic design flaw...electric solenoids in a sometimes-leaky underwater assembly. regular lower units can ignore a little water inside if you change the oil frequently, but the lectroshift relies very heavily on the seals being perfect. nowadays, they suffer from the addtl issues that 1) they can be hard to find parts for. you DO have an ebay account? 2) hard to find any mechanics who will (or even know how to) work on em so you're pretty much on your own. so i wouldn't avoid boat on account of it but wouldn't put much $ into motor or apportion much of purchase price to motor. OTOH....negotiating point on the boat. read more on these from folks far more knowledgeable than i in the OMC subforums.

i hope you get it! would love to see it given some love and enjoyed.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Oh, carp, another Styrofoam filled tinny.

I'll take styro over pour-in any day. Old boats had stryofoam as standard, with the big buckers using expanding foam. Cheapers all the way for an oldie.

Stevens520

Petty Officer 1st Class

Found another big 'un.:cool:'5 Cheiftan Hardtop with twin 120 mercs for 8500.
http://northernwi.craigslist.org/boa/2942927052.html
bigstarcraft.jpg

twinengines.jpg

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

She looks all rebuilt and ready to go too, nice!

Stevens520

Petty Officer 1st Class

I'm rapidly becoming a fan of the Cheiftans; can't 'ya tell?:p Was actually looking for a 22 Islander when I stumbled upon my barge because I needed something with a head on board; but I like all of the tin Starcrafts. I can see me developing multiple boat syndrome soon.:D

1973Chieftain

Lieutenant

I called on the Lone Star and found out that the seller is willing to separate the engine from the package, but still wants $700 without it. I countered without $525, but he wants to wait a bit. So we shall see if I become a 3 boat man!:cool:

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

That Holiday up in Escanaba is cool:cool:

barato2

Commander

I like all of the tin Starcrafts. I can see me developing multiple boat syndrome soon.
KIDS! COLLECT THEM ALL!!!

:D

barato2

Commander

some places one shouldn't go. like Baja sur CL. bluddy field of dreams there....lots o good buys on 35-40' boats if one has a spare $35-120K lying around. see, i don't hate all glass boats.....40' Vikings are OK in my book........

plus one weird tinnie:
http://bajasur.es.craigslist.com.mx/boa/2942534429.html

i like the 1" rub strips welded on the bottom part. drive over anything. we be ringing down to the engine room for RAMMING SPEED when those pesky jetskis get in our way.....

jbcurt00

Staff member

I like all of the Starcrafts. I can see me developing multiple boat syndrome soon. KIDS! COLLECT THEM ALL!!!
edited for content:D

barato2: W/ all the models, lengths, I/O & OB, glass & tin (easy fellas, alphabetical order:facepalm:) it would require quite the boathouse.... Exactly how much of that desert is your personal boat storage area anyway? :eek:

tincanman

Petty Officer 1st Class

Nice condition and fairly hard to find 14' mariner

http://wausau.craigslist.org/boa/2965687018.html

1969 14' Starcraft Mariner side console with 1969 40hp "Selectric shift" Evinrude Lark motor. Boat comes with working electric trolling motor, oars, 2 anchors, cover, OMC tank, and spare prop. This boat was used very little as you can tell and is in very good condition for it's vintage age. You'd be hard pressed to find a nicer one outside a museum. Motor has electric start but needs a new battery. Trailer is also in great shape. This boat has been in storage for 4 yrs...... so the motor might need a tune-up.. but, it ran great when last used.

5S55M65Jd3I23F93Ndc4if7dd933e4f451c22.jpg

5I35Ha5J83Kb3Gc3Fbc4ib1a34d7d7a4c1550.jpg

5N35K45Jc3E73K93Mec4iac929a4032d917e5.jpg

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

edited for content:D

barato2: W/ all the models, lengths, I/O & OB, glass & tin (easy fellas, alphabetical order:facepalm:) it would require quite the boathouse.... Exactly how much of that desert is your personal boat storage area anyway? :eek:

I wonder if you can get a "sand-drive", so you could use them in the desert?

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

so wonderfully cool !!