Starcraft on C-list/ebay!

barato

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Starcraft on clist!

actually, that one is probably negotiable and i don't think it would be a bad buy at 12-1500. remember that SW boats often have decent floor and transoms, unlike stuff from MI or MN or someplace it rains. i bet some of our members would have happily paid a bit more for their boats if floors and transom were good....

zbadboy

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Good Point. Just depends on the condition. That boat could well be from Michigan area at one point. It is nice to hear it has been in the same family for the whole time. Needing the motor replaced is either poor maintenance or allot of hours or both.

barato

Petty Officer 1st Class

or just sitting for too long. the Mercruiser 120 on my boat had been freshly rebuilt and well maintained, and was in really good shape inside....cept for the cylinder that had a valve open for 17+ yrs, which looked like a pot of menudo cooking...check out pic in my gallery

HopeSheFloats

Lieutenant Commander

Thanks Mike {& Shife}, I didn't take it as anything else but an inquiry. :cool:

The economy here is the worst, I have yet to have anyone even come look at it...90% of inquiries have been for trades and not even 'worth thinking about' trades at that :(

Oh well, helps in clearing out some of the junk I've acquired over the years...go Craigslist :D

Lets hope it doesn't come to a point where I 'have' to lower it! Now where's that praying smilely? ;)

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Here is something for you SS guys to see..He wants to trade this 16ftr for a ghenoee!
Gotta say she looks wicked all buttoned up with the bow and cockpit enclosed!

http://miami.craigslist.org/pbc/boa/1935301089.html

Seein' that old girl with new canvas and up on a LIFT! warms my heart.

Pricey? Heck no, not for that hull with a 225!!!

191Seanymphstriper

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thanks Mike {& Shife}, I didn't take it as anything else but an inquiry. :cool:

The economy here is the worst, I have yet to have anyone even come look at it...90% of inquiries have been for trades and not even 'worth thinking about' trades at that :(

Oh well, helps in clearing out some of the junk I've acquired over the years...go Craigslist :D

Lets hope it doesn't come to a point where I 'have' to lower it! Now where's that praying smilely? ;)

A! I just wanted to say to you that a very large chunk of my business involves sales!

I know alot about sales on the internet as well as how people react to wording and over informational ads etc....

Try this...

In The title put (STARCRAFT BOAT MOTOR AND TRAILER)

Then in the ad put. (Boat motor and trailer) All in like new condition! Everything works as it is supposed to! Call 555-555-55555 for more information(example)
Post those 4 pictures and put a price tag of 8K on it...

By the way it looks and that is in better then excellent condition, People may be wondering why such a nice looking boat is selling for such a low price. they may be thinking that somthing is wrong with it,

Also keep in mind that not everyone know everything about boats. Someone may come and see a nice looking new boat and buy it from you right there and then... Don/t over post information,,, And for goodness sakes raise the price....

And if your area is in that bad of a depression send me a P.M I will sell that boat for you in my are aof Long Island New York in a heart beat for a very good price....

Also before you do that post her up on ebay with NO RESERVE starting bid 3500 I bet you that you will fetch at least 6K for it!

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Just spotted that myself, wish I were closer so I could rescue her! Who do we have in the brohood down that way?

I also saw this for HA's dad...
http://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/boa/1958069552.html

...this one for HA...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1985...71826?pt=Power_Motorboats&hash=item19bf7c3972

...and this one for the boys and I...
http://detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/boa/1956228260.html

There, I think we have bought enough boats for one morning.

HopeSheFloats

Lieutenant Commander

...Try this...

Thanks SNS, I'll take some of that into consideration.

I think it being a 1961, scares a lot of folks away right off the bat. Everyone sez I'm under priced, so what else could explain the no interest, other than the economy here? I mean we all have enough curiosity to at least investigate sales like this, don't we? I would of thought at this price she would of been gone first week up.

E-Bay is on my mind, just got so fed up with all the changes, rules, fee's etc. same with PayPal, still thinking on it though.

Then again, being as I really don't 'want' to sell her, maybe subconsciously I'm giving bad vibes when dealing on-line with potential buyers :confused:

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Kenny, I got $2250 for this boat and I thought that was awesome.

DSCF1923.jpg

HopeSheFloats

Lieutenant Commander

Yeah, kinda figured I was overpricing...just re listed it though at 4800...guess I'll give it a day or three and see what happens, worse comes to worse drop it down...anything over 2800 or so and I would feel ok, never get the labor, but should at least recoup what's in it material-wise...grrrr I think the lottery has my number but won't give it up...lol... whadda ya gonna do

EDIT: Kenny, I can't let you post your ad. Sorry. Someone will cry favoritism!!! I know it was posted already by someone else earlier.......

Last edited by a moderator: