Starcraft on C-list/ebay!

yooperangler

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Starcraft on clist!

http://appleton.craigslist.org/boa/2561951714.html Not very good pics but Holiday? Doesn't say length but has that big splashwell so probably bigger than 18? 90hp merc 1500.00

http://appleton.craigslist.org/boa/2562649551.html 14' 10hp johnson trailer 695.00

http://appleton.craigslist.org/boa/2560985006.html 18' SS 135hp rude sitting 20 years 795.00
lots of potential for the money no title but no problem in Michigan. I would probably buy this one if I didn't still have so much to do on the mariner.

http://up.craigslist.org/boa/2522724419.html its not an SC but would be a cool project (and it's aluminum:D) I also like the "no rivets to drag making it more fuel efficient comment" probably very economical with dual 150 johnsons :rolleyes:

http://up.craigslist.org/boa/2552942731.html 74 16' no pics could be glass I guess 1500.00

raynestorm

Cadet

I came across that Islander on my quest to find a V5 hull... Sounds and looks like a great buy! Just too big for what I want though. I have my eye on a little prize that I hope pans out. If it does, you all will get plenty of pics as I plan a beautiful restoration such as the few islanders I have seen here!

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

http://appleton.craigslist.org/boa/2566307945.html

Good deal? Help me decide!

I realize that a) It is underpowered b) it probably needs a complete restoration and c) it is not a V-5 hull, which is really what I want.

Motor is worth the price. My buddy has a 21' Chieftain with only a 90 on it. Yes it is "underpowered" and slow (26MPH top speed) however it planes quickly and handles nicely. My vote would go toward buying that one.

yooperangler

You really can't go wrong with a 22 footer for 1000.00 or less (unless theres a huge hole in the hull or serious corrosion issues or something) It does look like a total resto so if not what You want it might not be for You. AS far as underpowered goes 90 is probably on the low side for that boat but would most likely move it fine depending on Your wants/needs. It's really just a matter of deciding what it's worth to You to have that boat and make an offer.

k5blazerboy

Seaman

Motor is worth the price.

IF it runs, we exchanged a couple emails last night, called this morning and I left a voicemail. Waiting to hear back. I am going to be using this on Lake Michigan, Bay of Green Bay and Lake Winnebago fishing and as a tender for duck hunting. Brochure says 2000lb capacity. I am looking to take 4 people, up to 8 dozen decoys, gear, and a 115lb layout boat on it as well. With a 90hp I am thinking I would burn up the motor in no time

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

I actually think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

k5blazerboy

Seaman

Well I think it is worth a look anyway, just waiting to hear back. I would probably do a complete restoration, bigger motor and CC conversion, since that is what I really want. Buthow much will that cost me? That's what I need to figure out. I am basing my opinion off of my 16' ss with a 45. Although the boat moves along at 26mph, it is a fuel hog. Probably the same issue with this one. Moves it fine, but it would need to be at WOT all the time.

yooperangler

I agree with EZ the load your describing doesn't sound excessive and even if it was most its gonna do is slow you down a bit WOT on the motor is the same regardless of the load and boat would need to be seriously overloaded to harm the motor (unsafe regardless of motor size) . I guess what I'm saying is if Your overloading a 22' footer You need a bigger boat not just a bigger motor or less wieght.:)

k5blazerboy

Seaman

Very true, and I think a 22' is about as big as I want. Anything bigger becomes almost impractical for a couple bodies of water I regularly fish. I am thinking I could sell the motor for about 800-1000. The motors I want are as much as 3k. So all in all Restoration-$2000, motor-lets say 2500, kicker-500, buying what is there lets say 800. so that is $5800-800 for the old motor=$5000. Not too bad really, but I am finding boats already done to my specs for around that price, problem is I wont be able to afford them for at least a year. Decisions decisions.

yooperangler

Well I think it is worth a look anyway, just waiting to hear back. I would probably do a complete restoration, bigger motor and CC conversion, since that is what I really want. Buthow much will that cost me? That's what I need to figure out. I am basing my opinion off of my 16' ss with a 45. Although the boat moves along at 26mph, it is a fuel hog. Probably the same issue with this one. Moves it fine, but it would need to be at WOT all the time.
There are a lot of things that effect fuel efficiency, TNT can be one of the biggest if motor is running properly of course. A properly trimmed boat is always bestest, wieght your hauling, weight distribution especially if no tnt etc.. also correct prop.. Trying to guesstimate fuel economy is in My opinion impossible. As far as cost of a resto it depends what You want when finished I would guestimate 2500 to 3000 less if not buying a lot of electronics much less if just replacing floor transom and building a CC. More if buying a CC new controls, Cables steering etc....If You buy the boat for 1000.00 or less can use current motor and don't add a lot of bells and whistles probably around 3 to 4k total for a boat You can trust. The Cost of a resto is really a question of what You start with and what You want in the end lots of variables and decisions along the way. I would expect buying a bigger motor ( in dependable condition) controls etc.. to be the biggest single expense of what Your planning .

k5blazerboy

Seaman

Right, my motor right now does not have power tilt, so that definitely does not help, but it gets on plane and up to full speed in no time.........still no call back, 2 hours later. I already have a good locator/GPS, have a marine radio, have everything to switch over besides a bow mount and a kicker, that is all I would need to buy. I would also probably buy a CC over building one, although I could build one out of would and glass it too I guess.

yooperangler

Of course add says He will separate so maybe offer 500 for boat and trailer no motor ? or sell motor like You suggested.

k5blazerboy

Seaman

UPDATE: Someone is ahead of me as of now, so chances are it won't happen. He told me this though: Motor runs good, 33mph. Floor and carpet were replaced 2 years ago. What it needs: New wood on the transom. He said the guy didn't mention anything about having the money, so there may be a glimmer of hope. I made sure to instill the fact that I have cash in hand.