Starcraft on C-list/ebay!

Capt_noob

Recruit
Re: Starcraft on clist!

Well at least if I get tired of the sea ray I'll just get another v5 or two, or three:facepalm:. I feel like I started a trend! COOL!

Brenn

Petty Officer 1st Class

Ok this isnt a Starcraft but the trailer its sitting on is nice and the boat looks like it has a nice kicker bracket,it also has a mercruiser and so on.So if someone needs any of the pre-mentioned items might be worth it.....http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/boa/2532365906.html

concept10

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Last edited:

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Deeper V and extra strakes for better ride and rough water handling. Would most likely require more horsepower to push 'em.

Huron Angler

Admiral

Another V5:

http://limaohio.craigslist.org/boa/2483810326.html

Cheap hull:

http://stlouis.craigslist.org/boa/2507633988.html

While were spotting some V-5s lately, I want to know what's really special about them. Better ride? Because they are rare? Or is it that they just look damn cool? I don't want to derail this great thread, so I guess i'll search for posts. (I know it's been discussed before.)

- Tracey

Since aluminum boats tend to get bounced around in rough weather, folks wanted something that could handle almost everything the Great Lakes can dish out(within 5-10 miles from shore) and the 22' V5 can do that:)

The deeper V/deadrise cuts right thru waves that would toss my 16' SS around pretty good.

Raystownboater

Chief Petty Officer

its done, yorkboater is on his way home with the v5, ill post pics on the sea ray in a new thread, after I wash and wax it:eek:, for some reason, I feel guilty or sad about getting rid of my starcraft:(. I need a stiff drink

Well, its in my driveway! I'll take some pics this weekend and start a new thread. I had a great time meeting Capt_noob and his father, they are two of the nicest guys you will EVER come across. I think we spent more time talking than we did checking out the boats. A few minor bumps in the road but all things considered, it was a great day! Thanks Jason!!!

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Welcome back YB. Looking forward to the new thread.

Starman8

Chief Petty Officer

Deeper V and extra strakes for better ride and rough water handling. Would most likely require more horsepower to push 'em.

Thought it was once mentioned that the designer of the V5 jumped to LUND and called it the IPS, then IPS 2 when 2 more strakes added........

Coincidentally, Star hulls had issues mainly the 90's when the centerline keelstrip was added causing leaks. I have chatted with Steve at the Star factory several times and he confirmed it.

Brenn

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thought it was once mentioned that the designer of the V5 jumped to LUND and called it the IPS, then IPS 2 when 2 more strakes added........

Coincidentally, Star hulls had issues mainly the 90's when the centerline keelstrip was added causing leaks. I have chatted with Steve at the Star factory several times and he confirmed it.

Ok just so Im clear then,does that mean to look for a V5 from an earlier time period than the 90s? I was thinking of looking for a V5 to use in the puget sound.

Starman8

Chief Petty Officer

Ok just so Im clear then,does that mean to look for a V5 from an earlier time period than the 90s? I was thinking of looking for a V5 to use in the puget sound.

Think the V5 was pitched when he left................the hulls in question do not have the added strakes