Starcraft on C-list/ebay!

djpeters

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Starcraft on clist!

This thread is turning into a soap opera....I have a feeling everyone keeps checking in every hour to see whats happening....:D

djpeters

Lieutenant Commander

see you tomorrow yorkboater, and sorry to everyone else for not introducing my self. Hi my name is Jason from sheffield lake ohio. Dj nice boat...:) i'v been following your thread since you grabbed up your v5. you are the master! watch the Evinrude rock-n-roll @ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLyLCeiS9rY

Thanks, I'm sure you figured out I was one that e-mailed you about cruising speed and top speed. How long have you had the boat? Can you tell if it's been repainted? The gray is a lot different than mine, but the inside is identical.

I just watched both your videos on my computer and I can't believe an extra 60hp would give that much more speed, that's crazy. I either need a bigger motor, or need to find another just like the one I have, then put 120 hoods on 'em. :D

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Dave, what's your top speed? Perhaps raising the motor a hole or two would make a difference.

djpeters

Lieutenant Commander

Dave, what's your top speed? Perhaps raising the motor a hole or two would make a difference.

35mph @ 5400rpm on GPS. You mean actually mount the motor higher, not just trim it up?

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

35mph @ 5400rpm on GPS. You mean actually mount the motor higher, not just trim it up?

Correct. Now I'm no expert on motor setup by ANY means but.....I can tell you that my Jupiter with an 85 always felt like it was plowing a little bit. Top speed only like 34-35. 16' boat. SS has a 90, 18' boat and it feels like it absolutely glides over the water. 40MPH. I think motor height is the issue. I could be wrong. (Lack of TnT on the Jupiter not helpful either)

Capt_noob

Recruit

Thanks, I'm sure you figured out I was one that e-mailed you about cruising speed and top speed. How long have you had the boat? Can you tell if it's been repainted? The gray is a lot different than mine, but the inside is identical.

I just watched both your videos on my computer and I can't believe an extra 60hp would give that much more speed, that's crazy. I either need a bigger motor, or need to find another just like the one I have, then put 120 hoods on 'em.

yes it has been repainted about 4 years ago, not a great job but it works. Its just an oil base paint over etching primer with a water resistant gloss, I had no exp then, used a roller instead of a sprayer. and about the foam joke, I replaced this boat with Styrofoam blocks, Easy to remove and get down to the rivets, the heads love to break in the bow at high speed on a choppy lake, but I replace the floor around every 3 to 5 years, so that's when I redo the rivets to, between the times 3m 5200 is my best friend. usually about 3 or 4 break every 3 to 5 years not a big deal, these v5 hulls are so easy to work with. Im getting rid of it because I do not get to fish that much anymore, my boating day now consist of dragging the wife and her damn girlfriends around on a tube or skis. If I was not married it would be a blast ;), boat full of women, oh hell yeah, married is like, aw not again. ok lets go. and (they better be pitching in on gas!):facepalm: hey Todd, This boat has never had a name, so have at it, something like (board her on the bow, and pokeher in the stern!):eek:

starcrafter65

Chief Petty Officer

What's going on with those triangular sections in front of the windshield? There's an unusual setup.

That - I beleive is a Holiday closed bow cut into an SS - look how far forward the windshield is.

bunker108

Chief Petty Officer

Yup...it is now confirmed that I have a problem. After looking at the ad, and before reading any replies, my fist thought was..."I think that is a Holdiday with a cut bow." It seems that the jury agrees.

starcrafter65

Chief Petty Officer

Looks like he did a good job with it too....I contemplated the same and still think about it - I do like that the Holiday has the windshield pushed up front as far as possible. I even mocked it up with cardboard - it would be small but a hot looking girl would look fine up there!!:p:cool:

starcrafter65

Chief Petty Officer

Yup...it is now confirmed that I have a problem. After looking at the ad, and before reading any replies, my fist thought was..."I think that is a Holdiday with a cut bow." It seems that the jury agrees.

Bunker - if you are going to look at it - give us a report!!

bunker108

Chief Petty Officer

Heck no, I am not going to look at it! I still have an SS in my yard that hasn't touched the water yet. The last thing I need is another boat...but looking at them does consume alot of my time!

I have had my eye on this one for awhile though. Might be tempting for a hundred bucks!
http://albuquerque.craigslist.org/boa/2490698749.html

Capt_noob

Recruit

its done, yorkboater is on his way home with the v5, ill post pics on the sea ray in a new thread, after I wash and wax it:eek:, for some reason, I feel guilty or sad about getting rid of my starcraft:(. I need a stiff drink

CBGale2

Lieutenant Junior Grade

its done, yorkboater is on his way home with the v5, ill post pics on the sea ray in a new thread, after I wash and wax it:eek:, for some reason, I feel guilty or sad about getting rid of my starcraft:(. I need a stiff drink

Well atleast ya know its going to a good home. Glad to hear it went well.