Starcraft I own, but haven't picked up.........

jbcurt00

Staff member
Re: Starcraft I own, but haven't picked up.........

Yeah, it's a blue version of the 1 in pieces in the garage :facepalm:

But it's got a horrible blue paint job, not even a 15footer. And the blue paint is over poorly done bubblegum colored bondo. I got some emblems off of it, a 1/2 decent trailer, a '59 10hp Johnson long shaft motor, and I'll get the rubrail off. Not really all that much good to be said about the hull & cap. I actually started talking to the seller for the windshield, but that turned out to not be as described. But it was too far to consider waiting for the seller to drop the price enough to really make it a deal.

Got what I could off & am OK w/ what I paid. And I've got it's title & reg in hand. So we'll see. But not much call round these parts for resto projects. So, well, it has a short reprieve having sold off the trailer this weekend.....

bear_69cuda

Commander

Dood,

Checking in, and wanted to say congrats on kicking the smokey treats!

jbcurt00

Staff member

Thanks bear, but it's the Admiral that quit :cool: I'm a non-smoker :)

I wanted to support her effort. Didn't have anywhere else to post the banner :rolleyes:

bear_69cuda

Commander

Thanks bear, but it's the Admiral that quit :cool: I'm a non-smoker :)

I wanted to support her effort. Didn't have anywhere else to post the banner :rolleyes:

ooops either way it's still a great thing for both of you! Give her a kudos form me!

Bwana Don

Lieutenant Commander

jb, nobody likes a quitter. lol

Former smoker here, it's been 15 years for me. I'm happy I could kick the habit. Tell the wife congrats and hang tough. Butterscotch disks from Brachs helped me. It's hard though.

jbcurt00

Staff member

Yeah, counter is no longer wholly accurate... Been more then 1 set back :redface: But down, way way down :)

She's gotta find a way to take a cig break for 2 or 3 min at work & NOT smoke.... Non-smoking banner reset.....

And I have not thrown in the towel on any rigs in our boathouse, just on hold while I sort out my work situation........

craigweaver

Chief Petty Officer

Hey JBC, tell her to keep quitting as long as it takes. I quit 10 yrs ago, holy cow that's a long time :eek: and it took a lot of quit and re-quits before it took for good.

Hope you get the work situation turned in your favor soon... I'll be prayin for you guys!

jbcurt00

Staff member

Has to re-quit tonight too :facepalm:

Well, things may be resolving themselves at work. Have to wait & see for a few weeks...

jbcurt00

Staff member
Re: Top secret metal boat files are all hidden!

To all that I missed, thanks for surfing thru & keeping tabs on me....

From the Admiral & I to you & yours:
thanksgiving-8-07.gif

May you have a great weekend & enjoy the company of friends & family....

Iboat community & friends, thank you for hanging in there w/ me, and for all that you've given me in information & camaraderie.

John

jbcurt00

Staff member

To all that visit this dark & dusty corner of the iboats dry dock, SC division:
HappyNewYearSmileyWavesSnow.gif

Everyone please have a safe & happy new year's this year.

Remember how lucky we all are to have something to occupy what ever time we have to dedicate to project rigs, some place to work on them (however ill-suited, cramped and often 'just' the yard out front/back), and Admirals that tolerate (help, support, maybe even encourage if you're lucky enough) our attempts at boat rehab/restoration. Many are not so lucky. Although I have limited funding, a poor work space, and often the wrong tool for the task at hand, I still consider myself extremely fortunate and thankful.

A great big thank you to all who make this site possible, and to the fella's that make it so great: Thanks for a helluva year! I've learned a ton, and I hope to have been some help to others.

InMotion

Commander

Have a great one John! All the best to you and yours!!!!

Jim

Bwana Don

Lieutenant Commander

Hope Santa stopped in you're way. I know you worked real hard to make it on the nice list this year. lol Have a Great New Year too. I enjoy having you around to keep me straight buddy.

Peace
Don
Zach