Starcraft I own, but haven't picked up.........

jbcurt00

Staff member
Re: Finally, progress....

Don't forget you got some altitude too.... Hot & low oxygen environment:confused:

I remember watching a rain storm rumble north up the valley & across SLC. You could clearly see the rain never reached the ground:facepalm:

And 110+ in LV was no picnic, ever, low humidity or not.... Plus sand storms, in town.... And while I'm gripping: Who has 3% humidity, I mean really, 3%??? ....Got ChapStik?

rheagler

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Back in the late 90's I took a couple cross country motorcycle trips. This pic was from when we went through Baker California. It was hot, but a dry heat:)
scan0002.jpg

So dry we would drench ourselves at every stop and then be bone dry in 7 miles.... Still had a blast though!

Last edited:

Gibbles

Lieutenant Commander

A few years back my wife talked me into a road trip, part of that road trip was to go into AZ.

It would of been great but it was mid summer and they were having a heat wave.
down by the border = 119 in the shade...
my dash still shows where it melted and warped in the sun where the sunshade did not cover. :facepalm:

My Blazer was still new to me, and I remember making a U turn and having the rear gov lock kick in and me going over a curb.
to hot!

jbcurt00

Staff member

Yep, been to Baker, seen the worlds largest thermometer:)

If I'm not mistaken there is a recreational area 45mi +/- north of Baker that's a sand dune, dune buggy mecca... Been there in mid June in an open dune buggy. As long as you were on the gas, it wasn't too bad:facepalm: Stopped to slow roll over the top lip of a blind hilltop, yeah, not so much....

Traffic in Vegas on a motorcycle was zero fun between mid-May & late Sept most years depending on when the inferno started & ended. Never thought I'd want to ride helmet-free, only took 1 long ride in traffic. My melon felt cooked..... Riding face-shield up in a ventilated helmet wasn't really any better. But yeah, I miss riding out along the desert at dusk:D

barato2

Commander

one conclusion i've reacehd after 25 yrs of commuting by bike out here is that ironically, when air temp is significantly above body temp, i find it almost more comfortable to keep my jacket closed up. and you must have had less coyotes and jackrabbits to dodge at dusk than we do....can be pretty nerve wracking.

it was 85 and humid here at 1 am last night. no wonder i'm not too motivated to march forward aggressively on that Pointed Oven, er, tin boat.....

jbcurt00

Staff member

Well that's a 2nd night of thunder & lightening. No laying in a tinny in the driveway during the lightening. I'm not a machine like that crazy fella on the 'hurry up offense' SN build.

Nice job BTW really nice work happening over there this week. And quick, damn quick. Gotta give him some probs, certainly been giving him the jeers

InMotion

Commander

it was 85 and humid here at 1 am last night. no wonder i'm not too motivated to march forward aggressively on that Pointed Oven, er, tin boat.....

If ya think of it as a sauna.... a place to sweat, relax etc... it isn't so bad. :)

jbcurt00

Staff member

If ya think of it as a sauna.... a place to sweat, relax etc... it isn't so bad. :)

I like boat work, I like a good hot soak in a sauna or steam room....

But not typically together....... It ain't peas & carrots:facepalm:

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

You guys are forgetting the 2nd degree burns from touch 130 degree tin..
Grabbed a wrench that was laying on the bow once..Well for a millionth of a second I grabbed it..sizzle..sizzle

64osby

Admiral

Time to install the bimini just to work on it.

rrumba

Ensign

you mean bimini, water misting system, and portable AC

craigweaver

Chief Petty Officer

JBC, geez man I take a short hiatas and you go all kinds of MBS crazy :eek:

sounds like you're gonna have a boat on the water yet this summer. Lucky you. Have a good one, I'm back and I'll be keepin tabs again.

jbcurt00

Staff member

I feel like I should be getting a call any day from the Discovery Channel: Hoarders, the MBS chronicles :facepalm:

Nice to see ya back & getting some progress on that Sylvan.... Not a commentary, or a complaint, merely an observation:

Sylvan made tin boats too :D

Back on the Jet, the PO's hack job on the motor internal & external harnesses have me verkemlpt. I hate electrical gremlins. Run down a faulty wire, connection, contact & test again. Now a different problem wire(s), component :mad:

jbcurt00

Staff member

I haven't made any meaningful progress on the Jet, funding is tight...... For a boat I've already committed to sell

So I grabbed this last weekend:
IMAG0555.jpg

All in w/ boat, trailer, w/ gas for pickup & Scooby Snacks: $37.50

Then while at work today, the strangest thing happened:
IMAG0566.jpg

IMAG0567.jpg
IMAG0568.jpg
IMAG0569.jpg

Well, that's that then....

Trailer docs in process, for sale & already had 3 emails :cool: Sell baby sell!

jbcurt00

Staff member
Re: Starcraft I own, but haven't picked up.........

;):cool:
GEDC0398.jpg

GEDC0399.jpg

GEDC0400.jpg

GEDC0401.jpg

Ssshhh Secret stash. Don't tell the Fun Governor...

It's an awesome trailer, could use some new electrical wiring, but lights work. And if you load anywhere near the 2400lb payload capacity, it needs a different coupler. Inexpensive 1 7/8". Oh and missing the jack....

Have a good evening. Most likely sold! 1st caller!

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Crushin glassers:cool:

That trailer is identical to the one I used now under the Sea Nymph (sans rollers).

jbcurt00

Staff member

The Load Rite trailer was awesome, even for $75, including the hull disposal fee. :D

But it was for a 19' boat & although I'd like an 18' or 19' rig, it's not in the cards with the current tow rig. So it had to be sold. Load Rite trailer was 600+lbs w/ out a boat, & that's almost a 1/3rd my trucks capacity....

1st caller was 1st guy to show up & paid in full! ;) I clearly under priced it. Oh well, quick turn around. 'Owned' it exactly 1 week....

Now I can hopefully pay for some more wiring odds & ends for this Jet & get on to the next tinny. The next 1's Skycraft trailer is stting & waiting in the background of the recently sold Load Rite pix. It will get converted to bunks after I get the hull & trailer in the same location.

BTW: the blue FireFlite is headed out of the boatyard soon. 1 way or the other... :facepalm: It's got to go....

boatnut74

Lieutenant Commander

The blue fireflite would be cool to have. Hopefully that one isn't going to the landfill, that thing is a classic!