Starcraft I own, but haven't picked up.........

jbcurt00

Staff member
After much consideration & several weeks of lurking, looking, and hunting for a 'gulp' tinny to get out on the water this season, I have:
  • Bought a 1974 SC 15', boat, motor & trailer
  • Decided against using a Nom de Plume for this thread, and admit I have MBS & submit rather then resist

It will be a part-time fishing boat at best. So no need for rocket launchers or outriggers. May at first be only a 2seater, with an option of a WOG inspired removable rear bench.

Going out of town for a week in the morning. Pick up pending mid-end of next week. I know, I hate the wait too.

I am prepared for the snide comments, the jeers, hopefully a cheer or 2. I gotta tough hide, bring your best & your worst.

I will now change my signature to include the new Tin.:cool::) And I will discuss them both often & fondly, for the 'glass & the tin both offer me almost limitless opportunity to enjoy time on the water!

I have asked for additional pix, so they are pending as well.

EDIT: So I can find it when I need to:
http://search.ebscohost.com/

Username: marshall
Password: public

after logon:

Select small engine repair

Select Marine/Boat motor

Scroll down & select manufacturer

Specific for your year & motor, would be better, but in a pinch the combined is better then nothing

Last edited:

1973Chieftain

Lieutenant
Re: 1974 Starcraft rehab, cleanup & it in the water Memorial Day 2012, hopefully

Re: 1974 Starcraft rehab, cleanup & it in the water Memorial Day 2012, hopefully

CONGRATS JB!!!

Now, should I stop CLing in your area? :)

jbcurt00

Staff member

My MBS tells me no, don't stop looking around. Your MBS may find just what YOU need...

My marriage counselor tells me 'Yes please stop looking around in his area'. I just wish it was the 1st time I'd heard that<<<---

My marriage counselor also wants to know if I can drum up any referrals for iBoats & MBS widows around here.....:facepalm:

I can tell you, compared to a 250mi radius of here, you guys in Michigan almost can't back out of your driveway w/out running in to an SC for sale. Maybe 2 or 3.

Do I want to be a member of a club that would take a 'glasser like me???

Pmccraney

Lieutenant Commander

Nothing to see here folks... Just a little train wreck... First responders have been called.. For your own safety and that of others.. Let me direct your attention back to the Glastron thread.... Thank you.

jbcurt00

Staff member

Thanks, I was kind of worried there'd be a train wreck at the end of that link. Oh, snap, there is......Just no actual trains.

As soon as I get some pix that are bigger then a postage stamp, I'll fire them up here. Else, upon pickup.....

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

If I could own a 34 foot Hatteras I would!!

Certain coolness factors outweigh the "glass vs tin" fight.

But please for this threads health..we shall ask your glasser friends to be on their best behaviour when entering the tin clubhouse..(they may get cut) lol

and WELCOME to the Starma....ahhh wait..no pics..belay that welcome to just WELCOME!

jbcurt00

Staff member

But please for this threads health..we shall ask your glasser friends to be on their best behaviour when entering the tin clubhouse..(they may get cut)

Yeah, I heard the Starmada once cut a 'glasser just to see him bleed!:eek: And of course for a decent 4.3L motor & outdrive:D

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Caution, JB. You are entering the .

jbcurt00

Staff member

Yeah, I can live with that! Just please no birds of a feather flocking analogies.

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Yeah, I heard the Starmada once cut a 'glasser just to see him bleed!:eek: And of course for a decent 4.3L motor & outdrive:D

yep and all we said was "OOOOPS" lol

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

i think you need to name her "GULP!" now..

jbcurt00

Staff member

1974Starcraft1.jpg

1974Starcraft2.jpg

The Johnson electric shift is fully operable, but may not be long for this transom.

GA_Boater

Not a bad looking rig. Nice and clean. What model?

jbcurt00

Staff member

Owner said 'just' Jet, but I don't see a Jet in 1974 Starcraft info.

American, Holiday & Super Sport (isn't that an S.S. Jet) were all 16ft OB's w/ 20"+ transoms. But it looks like a short shaft motor which makes it a 15" transom, because it looks to be at the correct height transom motor combo in the pix. Owner (actually owner's wife) doesn't know a whole lot of detail. I'm in cheap, it's 'only' a 3hr drive +/- and if not as advertised I can walk away. Or discount price.

It hopefully still has the plate & it's readable.

Either way, I'll know more or drag home a 16' next week! So I'm good!

Thanks! Was off-white~cream & red a factory color scheme? I kind of like it, we'll see how it cleans up!

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Welcome to the STARMADA!

oh and for the recoed

CHEERS!

jbcurt00

Staff member

yep and all we said was "OOOOPS" lol
And din't really mean it either I bet!
i think you need to name her "GULP!" now..
Maybe if it was strictly a fishing rig.
Welcome to the STARMADA!
oh and for the record
CHEERS!

Thanks fellas, I glad to be here. This does not mean the 'glass won't still course through my veins. But I will give this tinny all the attention & use she deserves. And will be fished from soon too!

rrumba

Ensign

See, I told you, you drank the KOOL AID.................. welcome to the starmada and MBS...... the comet will be by shortly for your pickup..............

GA_Boater

JB - I don't think the colors are factory. The red/cream are a good combo. Jet/JetStar are 15 footers. Maybe that's one of the 16' Holidays. As far as the year sometimes the model year on titles is when the boat was first registered. If it's a '74 it will have a HIN plate on the starboard transom. I think some have been able to go through Starcraft and get some info using the HIN. Others say SC never responds.

jbcurt00

Staff member

Nope, neit, nine, never, not even once. Thanks, oh carp, I don't have my funny shiny hat made yet. Is this a 1X/75yrs comet or more like a 750a, 850a, 950a, 1050a, 1125a, 1150am comet? Cause, I gotta go to the store & buy some more funny shiny hat supplies & I don't want to miss my ride, or cause my fellow Alpha Centurians to be late getting home for dinner:D

Success, I've found a short term cure for MBS ~ Getting the divorce attorney retainer fee schedule:eek:

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

cherry-kool-aid.jpg

Congrats man!:)

Yah, I'm with GA there...

If it's actually 16' it's likely a Holiday or a Nassau maybe?

Sure looks like a Jet to me so if it measures 15', she's a Jet (or Jet Star).