Starcraft I own, but haven't picked up.........

jbcurt00

Staff member
Re: 1974 Starcraft rehab, cleanup & it in the water Memorial Day 2012, hopefully

Re: 1974 Starcraft rehab, cleanup & it in the water Memorial Day 2012, hopefully

T-3 days

jbcurt00

Staff member

Hey, it's after midnight. It's Thurs so.....
T-2 days
:cool:

barato2

Commander

fingers starting to shake when you type that yet? ;)

1973Chieftain

Lieutenant

I'm guessing JB MIGHT be getting SLIGHTLY excited...... :D :D

jbcurt00

Staff member

Nope, not yet. Veins may still have a little resin left in 'em.....

Carp, passed a tinny 5 miles from the house today.:facepalm: Going to see it in T-minus 10min:eek: And dug through a couple pallets full of old motors today too..... Merc 1250, Merc 95, Merc 50, 2004 Merc (size unknown 2cyl), Mid-60's 2cyl Evinrude, Johnson 235 V6. Among others.

Going to do some looking around tonight if the tinny stop doesn't go well. If it does, I maybe late for dinner:p. I may not survive the night when I drag home another boat, it will make us a 3 boat family, this week...

If I am no longer able to fulfill my plans for the SC, I hereby bequeath the SC to the Starmada, they know what will need to be done.......

The glasser has a home if I'm gone & it needs to be:cool:

jbcurt00

Staff member

I'm guessing JB MIGHT be getting SLIGHTLY excited...... :D :D
All I will admit is there has been a might strong wind all day that kept my attention. Oh & the tinny 5 min away:facepalm:

jbcurt00

Staff member

Fairly worked over Duracraft aluminum 17' w/ no motor windshield intact, Owner not home. Maybe another day, on to other things

Dug through a couple pallets full of old motors today too.....
Merc 1250 cowl & faceplate avail
1966 Merc 950SS w/ power T&T w/ pump no cowl Ser# 1969557
1977 Merc 500 no power T&T no cowl Ser# 4808376
2004 Merc (size unknown 2cyl)
1955 25hp Evinrude Model# 25018-09908 painted wrong blue & flat black
Johnson 235 V6

Among others

All should be considered parts motors

jbcurt00

Staff member

It's officially Friday
T-1 day

InMotion

Commander

JB... I'll say it quietly so as to not get you any more excited...T-.5...

Remember to sleep tonight...:D

jbcurt00

Staff member

There may be a small adjustment pending in my schedule.... Toad-strangling rain & tornadoes that have been blowing through east KY are headed this way...:eek: Carp, I just got done cleaning up from the rain the other night & tonight is not supposed to be any better. Oh and possible tornadoes.

All I wanna do is drive east a fair piece & drive back!:mad: Dag nab it.

InMotion

Commander

There may be a small adjustment pending in my schedule.... Toad-strangling rain & tornadoes that have been blowing through east KY are headed this way...:eek: Carp, I just got done cleaning up from the rain the other night & tonight is not supposed to be any better. Oh and possible tornadoes.

All I wanna do is drive east a fair piece & drive back!:mad: Dag nab it.

Serious bummer man!!! :( hopefully the storms weaken... for everyone's sake. The tinny crowd awaits patiently...:cool:

1973Chieftain

Lieutenant

How was the storm? So...... where's the new addition to the 'mada? :)

jbcurt00

Staff member

How was the storm? So...... where's the new addition to the 'mada? :)

1st the good news: some thunder & lightening, a good bit of wind, some rain & it was over.:D Lost some trees & some hillside mudslides. But no more floating cars, and we were spared the devastation that was spread across several mid-west states, Indiana really got a beating.

Now for the bad: My wife's parents finally called to let us know that they had water get in their basement too. My in-law honey-do lists take priority over the wife's honey-dos, and are several days ahead of any & all boat fetching trips that take most of a day.:mad: But only because I couldn't go pick her up. They have been great to us, and recently in poor health, so helping out is just something we will be doing for the foreseeable future. Always comes w/ a fine southern supper:cool:.

I may be able to sneak off from a day at work late this week. I have almost 6wks of vacation that I 'could' use before July 1, 2012. So boat work will eventually take a week of those a 1/2 or a whole day at a time. And I can carry 3wks over into the next fiscal.

She's paid in full & not going anywhere. I confirmed she wasn't adrift after the last storm & last nights. The delay will allow me to get the tow rig's oil changed, confirm the rear diff is full. I've got 2 spare trailer tires already in the truck. My go grab her gear & tools are setup & ready to be loaded at the garage door.

So yeah, I'm amp'd to go get her. It turns out the actual address is more like 41/4-4 1/2hrs from the house.

It's actually going back the other way weather wise @ here. Tonight low 20's & snow sun - mon again. And down to 15 monday overnight:facepalm: Trees , flowers & shrubs are budding out all over, they'll suffer w/ this weather change:confused:

Be well all, and check back soon!

InMotion

Commander

Keep us posted man... T-minus...:D

Glad to hear the bad stuff missed you in wv.

Pmccraney

Lieutenant Commander

JB - I know I am a foreigner in a strange land and will honor my glasser visa and stay on my best behavior....

Was just curious, though, how long do they let you have a thread in the Starcraft owner's forum without actually possessing the boat (I know, storms, floods, work, lions, tigers and bears, but even us glassers want to see you tie the ribbon on the tree and bring this shiny new baby home) ... We are on page 3 already.... Are you faking it just to hang out with the popular crowd?

Okay, I am being a punk and will beg off... I know you are excited... Keep us informed.

jbcurt00

Staff member

All are welcome here!

Got no defense counselor. Harsh, but I got no defense. I actually thought I had a good window to play hookie tomorrow & make a drive, but nope. And this Sat's window is almost closed too.:mad: Work is really starting to hamper my boat work!

The good news is I've found a home for 1 boat 10min from the house & I can swap them in & out 24/7 & easy! I can't hardly stand it.

Esp since I'd expected to have it here mid-week last week. I fear they may refuse to sell me one of the cool hats:eek: if I don't get her home soon.But

I am all over here the forums though, glasser & tin alike. I had a little slip earlier this week, when I offered to take a tinny off someone's hands to save them a headache or 2. And a little something about offering to leave a glasser, but not the FireFlite:rolleyes:.

Change your settings to 100 posts/page, then I'm only 56% of 1 page!:cool: Love it at home on the PC, HATE it on my phone & tablet.....
It's a slow game over this way. Very slow. But it'll get done, bit by bit.

Thanks for the harassment/encouragemen

1973Chieftain

Lieutenant

:cool: Love it at home on the PC, HATE it on my phone & tablet.....
It's a slow game over this way. Very slow. But it'll get done, bit by bit.

Thanks for the harassment/encouragemen

This site is not the easiest forum around for phones! I do 99% of my browsing on here using my Droid.... slow, but at least I get to check in here much more often! And yes, the mob might soon doubt your story......... WHERE ARE THE PICTURES??????? :D

InMotion

Commander

This site is not the easiest forum around for phones! I do 99% of my browsing on here using my Droid.... slow, but at least I get to check in here much more often! And yes, the mob might soon doubt your story......... WHERE ARE THE PICTURES??????? :D

Ahhhh but harassment in these forums is really a starcraft restorer's occupational hazard...:D

jbcurt00

Staff member

Vintage20Starcraft20Boat20Logo20-20.jpg

New online source for logos.