BWR1953

Vice Admiral
...Or one like this,

right%20lean%20to.JPG
My buddy put some knobbies on my ZTR for me this week! :D :lol:

1.jpg

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
Talked with my wife about the tool cabinets. She thinks that I should just clean them with water then spray a quick coat with rattle cans. I dunno about that.

I'd rather do a bit better job. I think. LOL

DLNorth

Chief Petty Officer
Those aren't knobby tires, they are vee bars.

As for the tool boxes, a quick coat of spray can paint is the worst thing you could do to them.
Until you can do a proper prep job, just leave them.

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
Those aren't knobby tires, they are vee bars.

As for the tool boxes, a quick coat of spray can paint is the worst thing you could do to them.
Until you can do a proper prep job, just leave them.
Yeah, I was being funny about the tires. Ag tires are very common around here. Just neat to have them on my ZTR. Makes cutting the sand so much easier! :lol:

Roger that on the box paint. ;)

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
Feeling better this evening. Had a nice nap and some scrambled eggs with Colby cheese melted in. :hungry: That helped.

So do the pain meds! :lol:

Was going to go out and sit in the garage, sip coffee and contemplate life, the universe and everything. But then I realized that it was the pain meds talking and that I should just sit on my butt and watch TV. Coffee still worked for that. Am watching Barrett-Jackson auto auction. Something to pass the time.

My buddy sent me a pic of the old blades from my ZTR stacked on top of the new blade. The dark, shiny part is the new blade underneath... and the rusted one shows that it was SERIOUSLY worn away by the sand! :eek: I bet it'll cut a whole lot better with the new blades! :laugh:

New vs old blades:
old n new blades.jpg

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
Well, I went out to the garage this morning and started to organize tools with the boys help. Started with the little black Homak box. Ran out of drawers very quickly. You know how it is... I wanted to have separate drawers for left-handed metric screwdrivers and whatnot. ;)

Reached a point very quickly when I needed to decide whether I wanted to refinish the big Sears box or not or just use it as is. So I thought I'd give it a shot. Went to the hardware store and picked up some naval jelly to remove the rust.

Then this evening my wife, the boy and I went out to have another look. Once m'lady had a good look at the rusty Sears box, she said that I should just buy the brand new box that I want and give the old one to my buddy for scrap. Not gonna happen right now though. Not in the budget and won't be till after our summer vacation in July. As she said, my projects should be boats, not tool boxes. Yup. At least for now.

So I sanded it a little, cleaned it up, then we started to put tools inside. My wife then said that I should get some felt paper and line the drawers with that. Gonna have to check that out.

After a quick sanding with the little power sander.
2.jpg

After cleanup. Pitting is very obvious and will need to be filled with Bondo or something. Not gonna bother with it for now.
3.jpg

One of the drawers that needs work.
1.jpg

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
And yeah, I messed up pretty badly by doing even the little bit that I did. And I spoke too. Not good. Am supposed to shut up for a couple weeks. My surgery was on my throat and the hospital discharge papers specifically say no lifting, straining or bending over for a full week. I didn't lift or strain but was bending over to empty boxes. Doh! :facepalm:

But I stopped doing that when I started coughing up blood! :faint2: Bad boy! :lol:

My wife read me the riot act over that one. Dunno what'll happen tomorrow. LOL :D

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Keep up the :blah: you're going to end up :tape2: if you don't follow orders. :lol:

jbcurt00

Staff member
Yep, it was a very dull Jan and 1/2 Feb around these parts post op. 3rd repair in a grapefruit sized area, the Admiral was much more explicit w having me follow the doctors orders this go around...... and as the last repair was 2, and this one involved 3, technically it was my 6th repair(s)....

I expect you'll get similar from yours now that ya hacked up some of the valuable red.... Probably a good thing....

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
Yep, it was a very dull Jan and 1/2 Feb around these parts post op. 3rd repair in a grapefruit sized area, the Admiral was much more explicit w having me follow the doctors orders this go around...... and as the last repair was 2, and this one involved 3, technically it was my 6th repair(s)....

I expect you'll get similar from yours now that ya hacked up some of the valuable red.... Probably a good thing....
Yeah, it's not the years, it's the miles! My surgery yesterday was number 14 for the same, ongoing issue. No cure, just trimming once or twice a year. I should definitely know better. But I still tend to overdo. Hence my sig line. :lol:

​I hope you're doing better! It's tough to follow medical orders sometimes, especially when we're starting to feel better.

This was surgery #14 for me for the same problem. I go under the knife (or laser) once or twice a year to deal with it; no cure, just trimming once in awhile. Blech!

Feeling much better today though. I came out of surgery without nausea and vertigo this time. Always good when that happens. Only took 2 pain pills yesterday but did take another this evening after my foolishness out in the garage. Doh! :laugh:

Hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to just sit and supervise. :D :cool: :lol:

jbcurt00

Staff member
My Admiral said for you to listen to yours.....

Rest up and get after it when ya can

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
Worked a couple hours in the garage today. Well, the boy worked and I supervised and did small stuff while seated. Per doctors orders don't ya know! :tongue-new:

Got all but the 3 heaviest boxes out of the old shed. Those will have to wait till I'm able to move them myself. They're too much for the boy. Nothing critical in there, so I can at least move forward!

Anyway, we emptied the biggest boxes and got everything onto shelves or into tool cabinets and whatnot.

The next thing to do is to get working on the Kingfisher! :D

Space to work and tools at hand! (Sorry for the blurry pic - my hands shake because of the meds.)
1.jpg

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
Guys, it's been a year and 2 days since I started this project. Time flies, eh? :joyous:

Today I received a spring return for my walk through door. A minor thing but it's nice that I'm getting down to the small stuff now.

And I've done more boat work in the last 2 days than I have for a year! It's absolutely GREAT having a place to work on the boat(s)! :D

Gonna have to figure out how to mount this spring in the metal door.
1.jpg

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
My post-op waiting period is up and I'm able to lift heavy objects and work and whatnot again.

Went out this morning and brought in a whole bunch more boxes out of the shed and into the garage. Emptied the boxes onto appropriate shelves and will fine tune the organization as I go along. Still unsure about what to do with my RC airplane stuff but at least it's out of the way.

I've decided that I won't be keeping that big shelf. It's too large for the space and just too nasty looking. Gonna dump it and buy another small one to match the new one I got with the nice hammered look.

Oh yeah, the boy really likes using the leaf blower to clear the floor. At first it took him a long time to do because he was always playing AstroBlaster/MachineGunKelly/StarWars with it but now it only takes him a couple minutes. :lol:

Still making progress! :joyous:

1.jpg

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
Brought more boxes of boat stuff into the garage. Found a couple things that I've been "missing" for awhile now. :lol:

Last night I bought another extension cord and a couple more multi-outlet cords so that we can plug in more conveniently. We can reach power from anywhere in the garage now. And I put a couple lamps out and cable-tied that old floodlight onto the boat storage rack. Will be testing lighting tonight.

It sure is nice having a small helper who can get into the tiny places for cleanup. :D

1.jpg

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    300.3 KB · Views: 2

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
Awww... ain't it romantic? :lol:

My wife likes it a lot. Says we should be out there in the morning watching the sun come up and sipping coffee. Deal! :thumb:

2.jpg