So, what did you do today?

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
Well, needed a welding table. Been planning on making one. Then the candy truck showed up it being Wednesday and all...newusedtable.jpg

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
I repair skegs and such on a daily basis. Been using an old stainless centerboard for years. Just propped up on sawhorses. No way to fixture. This was sorely needed for my business. Been planning on making one but couldn't decide on a design. And being self employed there isn't much time.

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
i've always wanted to learn to weld.
Just do it. Life is short, welding is not hard. Once your friends know you will make money. There is a masters degree worth of metallurgy and welding info on the net and you tube.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
id do itmore for artistic reasons, like I did when I was in the glass business. Fun to take scraps and make....things

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
20201210_165048_copy_1500x2000.jpg

Its never fails...starts with fluid changes...diffs, trans, Tcase...and then I shake a tire and have to sell the poor guy a wheel bearing. And a couple crossmembers, and a transmission mount. Poor buddy, he gonna be poorer now.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
dug up our horseradish

Z7ObCNm.jpg

uhfxlUh.jpg

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Moved out of my home away from home .. Used this office for the last 2.5 years .. Night shift For the last 8 months .. Monday going back to days ! 🙂
Got an 8 story hospital addition down town I’m starting next week ..

Attachments

• 7DAEFC00-D4B2-4BDE-9635-46AA2430EE31.jpeg
    7DAEFC00-D4B2-4BDE-9635-46AA2430EE31.jpeg
    79.6 KB · Views: 6

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
Winter is here. Pushing snow flakes. Money, money. Wet heavy 5-10" so far. Gusting to 40. Fun stuff.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Moved out of my home away from home .. Used this office for the last 2.5 years .. Night shift For the last 8 months .. Monday going back to days ! 🙂
Got an 8 story hospital addition down town I’m starting next week ..

Aren't construction trailers fun places. Always dirty and dusty with mud on the floor - That was my experience.

Winter is here. Pushing snow flakes. Money, money. Wet heavy 5-10" so far. Gusting to 40. Fun stuff.
Ol' Rusty must be back on the road.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
GA that pic was after the clean up ..
I filled 2 garbage cans to the top with stuff ..LOL!
At least I had an office to work from .. Where I'm going I don't think I will ..
Maybe just a cubicle along with some of the other trades ..

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
I flushed 10# of sand out of my HX, EOC and PS-OC because I burried the outdrive in muck last weekend.

Grub54891

Vice Admiral
Went bow hunting. Don't look like any deer in my hunting spot anymore, I think they moved to the lowlands for the winter. Nothing on the cam since last Saturday. Pulled all my equipment.

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
I am so sick of "progress" and technology and change. I am getting a call every 12 minutes, literally no exaggeration, from the apple support scam. Being a business i have to be able to answer my phone.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Since my parts washer pump gave it up (yes a Harbor Freight), I am fashioning a REAL pump from an in tank fuel pump. I had one sitting on the shelf from some other fuel tank work back a couple years ago and it runs like a top. But since it is 12 volts +/-, I had to rig up a transformer and diode bridge to make it work out. But since the pump is a real gasoline fuel pump, mineral spirits should be any issues with this one. The cost of a quality replacement parts washer pump was unbelievable... And I don't need another plastic Chinese parts washer Harbor Freight pump anyways.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Since my parts washer pump gave it up (yes a Harbor Freight), I am fashioning a REAL pump from an in tank fuel pump. I had one sitting on the shelf from some other fuel tank work back a couple years ago and it runs like a top. But since it is 12 volts +/-, I had to rig up a transformer and diode bridge to make it work out. But since the pump is a real gasoline fuel pump, mineral spirits should be any issues with this one. The cost of a quality replacement parts washer pump was unbelievable... And I don't need another plastic Chinese parts washer Harbor Freight pump anyways.
ran my home-made parts washer with mineral spirits for 20 years. the guy I sold it to may or may not be using it yet

it was a big stainless sink sitting on a 20 gallon oil barrel with a carter electric fuel pump and two spin-on fram PH8A oil filters. I used a battery charger and old battery for a while, then switched to a tripp lite 30 amp power supply.