So, what did you do today?

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, well, at least until time changes. Haha

Getting them done. Less than twenty wraps. 38 winterizations to go. Then it'll be beer thirty. And the hunting blind...i can't wait to sleep in the woods for a couple weeks. Might.even take the rifle but I dont think I have any rounds for it and nobody has any for sale.

Can any one spare 5 30-30 rounds? Lead nose flat point. Just in case I wake up with a deer walking by...

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
thats too bad for your buddy there 82rude. Hope nobody gets hurt doing the clean up. Twisted trees can be dangerous.

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
Well, this evening I spent some time on you tube. I was looking for some outboard repair videos to maybe help train the youngster I have working with me. It blew my mind how bad a lot of these youtube mechanics are. For the most part, on the 20 or so videos I checked before giving up, these folks were giving downright horrible analysis and advice.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Well, this evening I spent some time on you tube. I was looking for some outboard repair videos to maybe help train the youngster I have working with me. It blew my mind how bad a lot of these youtube mechanics are. For the most part, on the 20 or so videos I checked before giving up, these folks were giving downright horrible analysis and advice.

You've been doing this for a while, Jake. Have you written notes in manuals? Can't do that on a PC screen. Well you can, but rubbing alcohol does a good job removing Marks-A-Lot scribbles.

There are some good ones, most are guys with shops. Some of the Joe Blows from Kokomo are here in the forum. I cringe when newbies ask for a Youtube video.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Spent the morning watching my new RV cover get installed .. 3 guys about 5 hours and we’re out a here ..

Attachments

• 01757672-CF16-4446-83CB-394D222C05B1.jpeg
    01757672-CF16-4446-83CB-394D222C05B1.jpeg
    116.4 KB · Views: 7

sphelps

Supreme Mariner

Attachments

• EAA253B1-0ECE-449E-A7EF-E2C620C16267.jpeg
    EAA253B1-0ECE-449E-A7EF-E2C620C16267.jpeg
    114.6 KB · Views: 7

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
Well, applesauce day. The neighbor and I are putting up this year's applesauce. Nothing like applesauce that you can taste the thunderstorms in with your pork chops on a cold February evening.

southkogs

Staff member
Real homemade applesauce! Wow, haven't had that in a while. Nice.

Today was a wild day. Shipped the boy off to the USAF. He did a good job working out his options, killed it on his ASVABs and is now off to Lackland AFB.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Today was a wild day. Shipped the boy off to the USAF. He did a good job working out his options, killed it on his ASVABs and is now off to Lackland AFB.
My Mom made the best applesauce with a dash of cinnamon. Yum!

Hope the TI's or DI's are nicer today. Ask him if they still have the Green Monster? It's been 56 years. OMG!

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
yesterday, put away the camping gear from camping during ETA. Finished building my 950HP carb for the salt shaker. Today, cleaned the garage

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
A marinized holley 950HP (950cfm HP series)going on the BBC.....replacing a 715cfm vacuum secondary

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
I swear, mercury/mercruiser could send me 25000$ in free parts and I still wouldn't have a good thing to say of them. Been fighting with one of those stuuuupid bellows rings for 4 hours. All I have to show is a swollen wrist where I whacked myself with the 2# sledge.

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
Cleared by the doctor to go back in the office (drive) after ACDF surgery. Been working from home (couch) for the past 2.5 weeks.

Mama says no boating or fishing until my follow-up Dr. appointment in mid-January which suxs...best fishing of the year between now and then.

Guess "winterization" (change LU oil and dumping a bottle of Stabil in the tank) will come early this year :(

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
Anybody want a job as a mercruiser tech? I will never do another d a rn bellows again. Still trying to replace the bellows. Decided to try a whole different bellows and I broke the little monitor fill line fitting again. Got to pull the engine again...I've done a hundred of these if I've done one and never, never had problems with THE most idiotic engineered system.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner

I was stupid and joined in August.

southkogs

Staff member
I was stupid and joined in August.
LOL ... he was stupid and joined during COVID. At last check, his flight got quarantined to the to their dorm/bay.

Lackland would not be fun in the summer at all. He was originally going to be going back in July, but that got smoked due to the pandemic.

PITBoat

Petty Officer 1st Class
I was there in February. And it does get kinda cold in San Antonio sometimes. We're standing out in formation one morning with our ear flaps down and the TI says, If my ears are bare, yours are gonna be too.

Yeah, bad news in the summer. Everybody having to drink 4 glasses of water before they eat instead of just 2, heh. Even at night, low temps often not out of the 80s and that thick humidity from the gulf just rolling overhead. An escape to the cooler hill country for a nighttime motorcycle ride was a great thing though.

Military training scenario plus pandemic panic... bad combination.

Last edited: